Hello, this is my priest deck.Please avaluate

Hello guys im a hearthstone player that just loves the priest class, here is my deck never paid a thing and i think it is very powerfull, posting this because im tryng to improve it and im not that much experienced.

This are the deck cards

Mininons:
Northshire cleric x2
Acolyte of pain x1
Chilwind yeti x2
Cult master x1
Lightspawn x1
Senjin shieldmasta x2
Spell breaker x1
Gurubashi berserker x2
Windfury harpi x1
Lightwell x1

Spells:
Circle of Healing x2
Inner Fire x2
Power word:Shiel x2
Shadow word:Death x1
Shadow word: Pain x2
Divine spirit x2
Mind Games x1
Holy nova x2
Mind control x1

What do you think? What can i do to improve it.
Reply Quote
simple improvements:

lightspawn out
lightwell out
windfury harpi out
culmaster out
acolyte of pain out

replace with

2x injured blademaster
2xauchenai priest
1x pyromancer

2x inner fire out
1x shadow word pain out
2x divine spirit out
1x mindgames out

replace with

2x thoughtsteal
1x shadow word death
2x holy fire

the last card could be a boulderfist ogre, since your late game is kinda weak.

this would make a solid deck, which should work in lower ranks.
Edited by Sebbo on 5/4/2014 3:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wow but that is a complete reset of the deck, i wanted to make a buffing focused priest.Ty anyway! will try it
Reply Quote
buff based decks are usually crap.
with the modifications i made it will become a proper circle of healing deck.
Reply Quote
Wow wasnt sure if this guy was trolling or not but i guess he wasnt...
Reply Quote
So it sucks

? xD
Reply Quote
Buff priest decks are the downfall of many new players, they play few games with them and those few successful ones get embedded in their memories. But when you actually look at the win rate, it's something quite abysmal. When you invest your whole hand to a single minion you just simply lose the game then and there when opponent removes / silences it.

Sebbo's suggestions are a good start. Though you should soon find out that priest is pretty bad class in general. Fun, but bad.
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 01:51 AMPosted by Nekiga

Mininons:
Northshire cleric x2
Acolyte of pain x1
Chilwind yeti x2
Cult master x1
Lightspawn x1
Senjin shieldmasta x2
Spell breaker x1
Gurubashi berserker x2
Windfury harpi x1
Lightwell x1

Spells:
Circle of Healing x2
Inner Fire x2
Power word:Shiel x2
Shadow word:Death x1
Shadow word: Pain x2
Divine spirit x2
Mind Games x1
Holy nova x2
Mind control x1

What do you think? What can i do to improve it.

Most important is to keep it fun unless you intend to go for the ranking.

If you intend to go for a buff deck then try to go for minions that buff other minions and minions that work well on there own.

A buffed minion with another minion is better than just a buffed minion.

Anyway here are some minor suggestions.

---------------

In general:

to many card draw minions and minions that trade poorly on there own (windfury, lightwell, Cult master, Acolyte of pain).

If you got a spell heavy deck then try to get minions that benefit from it. Like Gadgetzan auctioneer or venture co mercenary (both goblins -.-) or even a wild pyromancer (works great with 2 power word shields followed by a heal) and minions that combo well for a priest (injured blademaster/ soulpriest + circle of healing)

Also is you deck (spellwise) to focused on early game with sw: pain over sw: death, when a card like shadow madness (sadly a rare) can give you much better trades (sidenote: controlled minions death rattle will work in your favor if triggered)

You also lack both early game minions (1-3 cost minions that can stand on there own) and endgame (7+ attack minions) minions that can knock down a heavy taunt without ending up dead.

Specifics:

Keep mindgames in, it is fun (but not a good card in ladder) but replace some carddraw minions for a thoughtsteal (3 mana for instantly 2 cards that are not from YOUR deck).

Also some early game and endgame minions and lower your amount of 4 cost cards since you should only need those for 3-4 turns at max.
Edited by Darkrage on 5/4/2014 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 08:36 AMPosted by ShatBriks
Buff priest decks are the downfall of many new players, they play few games with them and those few successful ones get embedded in their memories. But when you actually look at the win rate, it's something quite abysmal. When you invest your whole hand to a single minion you just simply lose the game then and there when opponent removes / silences it.

Sebbo's suggestions are a good start. Though you should soon find out that priest is pretty bad class in general. Fun, but bad.

We are bad for ladder (mainly because we are TO slow to make it into the top ranks) but no that bad a class in general.

There are plenty of people who reach legendary (even top 100 legendary) on priest decks.
Edited by Darkrage on 5/4/2014 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A problem with Hearthstone in it's early stages is that you simply can't make a lot of decks like buff priest, shadow priest, etc. You play a priest, you're playing control. Until a lot more cards find their way into the game, it'll probably be that way for a while. You can generally narrow down the type of deck your opponent has to one deck or the other simply by his or her class. Then, after a couple cards have been played, you can almost predict the rest of their deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]