3 Mana to cheep for Shadow word Death?

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but 3 mana to remove any thing with 5 attack or more? kinda seems like its to cheep for what it is...honestly people should realize that value when I say it should cost 4-5 mana and remove 4+ attack cards. If this seems dumb or stupid I'm sorry but its a bit crazy to only spend 3 mana to remove something that at the very least cost someone 4-5.
Reply Quote
And what happens when you have a hand with two SW : D's and a Rag when you're facing a Zoolock? You lose
Reply Quote
And what happens when you face anything with 4 attack and 3 hp? Also if they play 3 big minions anyway it wont matter cause you still only have 2 shadow word deaths.
Reply Quote
Also forgot to mention if that's your hand GG you got horrid card draw happens to us all at times.
Reply Quote
Shadow Word: Death. Destroy a creature. If it's not 4 or less attack (in other words, half of good minions in the game). Procs deathrattles. 3 mana.
Assassinate. Destroy any creature. Procs deathrattles. 5 mana.
Hex. Destroy any creature. Doesn't proc deathrattles. 3 mana.
Polymorph. Destroy any creature. Doesn't proc deathrattles. 4 mana.
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 11:12 PMPosted by Dissentient
Shadow Word: Death. Destroy a creature. If it's not 4 or less attack (in other words, half of good minions in the game). Procs deathrattles. 3 mana.
Assassinate. Destroy any creature. Procs deathrattles. 5 mana.
Hex. Destroy any creature. Doesn't proc deathrattles. 3 mana.
Polymorph. Destroy any creature. Doesn't proc deathrattles. 4 mana.

You forgot

Siphon soul, destroy a minion and restore 3 health Procs deathrattles. 6 mana ( a assasinate with a 1 mana heal card combined).
Naturalize, destroy any creature, Procs deathrattles. 1 mana. oponent draws 2 cards but a 4 mana discount compared to assassinate (worthwhile if you opponent used a lot of cards to make a heavy hitter)
Execute, destroy any wounded creature Procs deathrattles. 1 mana (situational but less situational then pw: death.

Only paladins lacks easy removal cards.

To OP: just compare it to assassinate (no extra's and no drawbacks) and then consider whether its overpowered.
Reply Quote
Okay, somehow nerf SW:D and now priests suck and cant remove anything
Reply Quote
05/03/2014 03:26 AMPosted by Darkrage
You forgot
I didn't bother writing about those. You missed deadly shot, hunter's mark and equality yourself.
Reply Quote
wild pyro and equality....4 mana wipes the full board of any creature without divine shield
Reply Quote
No no, if it was 4 and affected 4 attack minions that'd be fine. That's a damn buff.
Reply Quote
05/03/2014 02:25 PMPosted by KillerTapir
No no, if it was 4 and affected 4 attack minions that'd be fine. That's a damn buff.

Only if ysera becomes a card everyone runs. Otherwise, it's a waste of your late-game removal.
Reply Quote

I'm ok with this. Ive tried to make priests work on rank forever and they just get wrecked by either agro or yetis.

Build a deck against agro the yetis get you. Build a deck against yetis and agro get you.

Near impossible to remove a ysera since they usually bait out all the mind controls if you even run any and alchemist never is available when you need him.
Edited by PtZpTz on 5/3/2014 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/03/2014 03:51 PMPosted by PtZpTz

I'm ok with this. Ive tried to make priests work on rank forever and they just get wrecked by either agro or yetis.

Build a deck against agro the yetis get you. Build a deck against yetis and agro get you.

Near impossible to remove a ysera since they usually bait out all the mind controls if you even run any and alchemist never is available when you need him.

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
Personally for everyone out here I don't play priest but to me (And I don't know if sounds good or not) if SW:D was 4 mana to remove 4+ attack stuff I'd be happy with it cause it seems it'd buff priests and wouldn't be so table flipping to me personally. (If you play priest face the decks I play cause 99% of the time I have to buff my stuff costing me like 6-8 total mana only to have it just gone with them having 5mana to spare for something big to be played. I play a paladin I know it sucks having no good board clear.)
Reply Quote
05/03/2014 02:37 PMPosted by TheDude
Only if ysera becomes a card everyone runs. Otherwise, it's a waste of your late-game removal.
You don't need late-game removal if you don't survive until late-game.
Also, there's MC for late-game removal and you can also run a BGH specially for rag and geddon.
Reply Quote
Considering that the neutral card Big Game Hunter also costs 3 mana, kills any 7+ attack minion and also leaves a 4/2 body behind than I don't understand how Shadow Word: Death should cost more than that. It's a class card so it should be better than a neutral yet this seems more like an even trade than a straight up superior trade. You gain more flexibility(killing 5+ attack minions rather than +7) but losing the 4/2 body, looks like a pretty fair trade.
Reply Quote
05/03/2014 10:27 PMPosted by Dissentient
05/03/2014 02:37 PMPosted by TheDude
You don't need late-game removal if you don't survive until late-game.
Also, there's MC for late-game removal and you can also run a BGH specially for rag and geddon.

I regularly make it to late game against various 4 attack minions without burning having a removal. I'd rather not have my current removal take up even more mana. That's an entire turn 4 or 5 based on op's suggestion. If you burn a turn and removal on a yeti, then you're not gaining control.
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 12:22 PMPosted by TheDude
I regularly make it to late game against various 4 attack minions without burning having a removal. I'd rather not have my current removal take up even more mana. That's an entire turn 4 or 5 based on op's suggestion. If you burn a turn and removal on a yeti, then you're not gaining control.
I would not use SW:D on a yeti, but sunwalker, druid of the claw, ysera, or even argent commander with shield intact - most of the time.
And even then, during topdeck wars being able to use SW:D on a yeti would be nice.

For me, SW:D costing 3 mana is rarely important (compared to 4), but not being able to remove half of good minions in the game without using creatures, makes priest inconsistent.
Edited by Dissentient on 5/4/2014 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Dissentient
05/04/2014 12:22 PMPosted by TheDude
I would not use SW:D on a yeti, but sunwalker, druid of the claw, ysera, or even argent commander with shield intact - most of the time.
And even then, during topdeck wars being able to use SW:D on a yeti would be nice.

For me, SW:D costing 3 mana is rarely important (compared to 4), but not being able to remove half of good minions in the game without using creatures, makes priest inconsistent.

Most of those are pretty well countered by silence and running your minions into them, thus saving your removal for something worth it. Ysera is the only one I'd see it being useful on. I'd rather SW:P be a 4 or less. That card is already borderline useless. I replaced them with shadow madness and haven't been disappointed.
Edited by TheDude on 5/4/2014 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]