Tempo Rogue assistance/

Hey, so I'm on a budget (as always since I don't buy packs). Currently sitting at rank 13 and I'd prefer to climb all the way to Legend with just Tempo Rogue but I've been struggling a bit. Here's my decklist.

http://i.imgur.com/s6smcQp.jpg

Since I'm currently sitting at 600 dust (and I can get the last 1k dust in maybe 2 weeks or so), I'd like to know what's the next legendary that should be implemented in this deck? Swinging between Leeroy and Bloodmage.. mostly Bloodmage because Druid and Warrior are hard match-ups. Zoo is basically an auto win with this deck but I don't always run into them.
Reply Quote
Leeroy is, in general, going to be more beneficial to winning.
Reply Quote
Bloodmage would be better than Leeory, because card draw+spell dmg. Sure Leeroy adds more damage, and sets up killing blows easier, but Bloodmage is just too good with Rogue, seeing is how you use a lot of spells for removal, and generally rogues will deplete their hand rather fast keeping tempo of the game not to mention he is only 2 mana which helps set up your combo cards. At least from my personal experience, running a Tempo Rogue deck, Bloodmage generally comes in more handy at more stages of the game than Leeroy does..

Hell, in my Tempo Rogue deck I prefer Big Game Hunter over Leeroy, whom can be replaced with a Cold Blood (which you already seem to be running)..
Edited by sp0ons on 5/3/2014 4:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The tempo rogue I'm doing now; http://i.imgur.com/s6smcQp.jpg

Except I don't have thalnos so I run kobold instead.
Reply Quote
I'm closing in on my 1600 dust, and I'm also unsure which Legendary to craft next.
Since my last crafted legendary was Cenarius, I really want to go for a neutral card, which means Edwin is out of the picture. Even though I love tempo rogue at the moment, I've learned my lesson. I want a legendary which is viable in several different classes/decks this time.

I suppose this leaves me two obvious candidates, Thalnos and Black Knight.

Currently I'm leaning towards choosing the Knight, but I would like some external input.

Edit: I suppose Leeroy is also an alternative.

PS. Current decklist:
http://imgur.com/fJo2sRt.jpg @ rank 13.
Edited by Starvalley on 5/6/2014 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 04:40 PMPosted by Starvalley
I'm closing in on my 1600 dust, and I'm also unsure which Legendary to craft next.
Since my last crafted legendary was Cenarius, I really want to go for a neutral card, which means Edwin is out of the picture. Even though I love tempo rogue at the moment, I've learned my lesson. I want a legendary which is viable in several different classes/decks this time.

Currently I'm leaning towards choosing the Knight, but I would like some external input.

PS. Current decklist:

Pretty interesting build. I'm curious, why not run two Southsea Deckhands? They're great combo starts and from personal experience, one of my favorite cards to have in an opening hand to get some quick damage in.

That said, from the presence of Assassin's Blade and Blade Flurry, I'm tempted to say Thalnos just because of how well Deadly Poison, Assassin's Blade, and Blade Flurry play together. It can be pretty punishing to bring that weapon down to 1 durability and Blade Flurry for 6 to both clear the board and give you an opening to strike. Thalnos is useful for several different classes as well, so it's a good option.

However, if you're having trouble with taunts, TBK would be the better choice in my opinion, but from what I read in DrewStar's thread, TBK tended to sit in his hand way too much in general.

Leeory is simply a good finisher as long as you've got a clear path, and plays that role for other classes as well. He's just simply good and low cost for the amount of damage he can hit for. 7 mana is enough to do 14 damage with him (Leeroy + Cold Blood + Eviscerate).

So, all in all, it really depends on what you need. Thalnos will get you an extra draw and gives you an early card to boost spell damage. Backstab for 3 gives you better options early on and lets you out Voidwalker and Spirit Wolf. If taunts are keeping you from game, TBK will help. And if you find yourself getting close to a win but not being able to get in the last bit of damage, Leeroy would be a good choice.

Those are my two cents anyway. I run both Thalnos and Leeroy in my tempo rogue.
Reply Quote
So, all in all, it really depends on what you need. Thalnos will get you an extra draw and gives you an early card to boost spell damage. Backstab for 3 gives you better options early on and lets you out Voidwalker and Spirit Wolf. If taunts are keeping you from game, TBK will help. And if you find yourself getting close to a win but not being able to get in the last bit of damage, Leeroy would be a good choice.

Those are my two cents anyway. I run both Thalnos and Leeroy in my tempo rogue.

Thanks for a great reply. I will start examining all this during my play and see which one I feel would solve the most of my problems.

05/06/2014 05:07 PMPosted by VivianK

Pretty interesting build. I'm curious, why not run two Southsea Deckhands? They're great combo starts and from personal experience, one of my favorite cards to have in an opening hand to get some quick damage in.

Interesting point. I used to run 2 Ringleaders, and fairly recently swapped one for the Deckhand, as I had a feeling Deckhand is stronger when not in early game, and I would rather have one of each, than two Ringleaders at the start of the game.

I haven't really thought about going for 2 deckhands yet. My feeling is that I would rather have a Ringleader than a Deckhand in my opening hand, since I would have to make room for a dagger in the first few turns to make the Deckhand good, putting a limit on other options I have. But I'm not sure.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 04:40 PMPosted by Starvalley

PS. Current decklist:

Thalnos sees the most play followed by Cairne, followed by TBK

Leeroy is in some Tempo decks, but I'd advise against crafting it over Cairne or Thalnos, since it's only really a finisher.
Edited by Muto on 5/7/2014 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well Cairne I have already gotten from a pack.
Im just so torn between Thalnos and Leeroy right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]