Naxx: New Rogue card Worst than Kidnapper

4 mana, 5/5, deathrattle: you must return a minion you control to your hand.

rogue got the worst expansion card out of all classes.

why are we getting shafted for the expansion?
Reply Quote
This card works really well with minions rogue is already using: Si: 7 agent, defias ringleader. Buff this guy with defender of argus and then when they kill him you get to use your argus again.
Reply Quote
It's a 5/5 with juggling potential for 4 mana, don't you know how terrifying that is?
Would you call "ancient brewmaster" bad? Well that's even better than the old brewmaster, because it doesn't die to the yeti.
this + leeroy
this + SI7 agent
THis in tempo deck
This in mill deck.. (well that won't be enough to make mill viable, but still...)

This card has just terrifying potential.
Reply Quote
Bouncing is one of the more fun staples of a Rogue deck. This is an amazing addition.
What card is this to which you refer, Python? I'll take two!
Reply Quote
imagine turn 4 ambusher, turn 5 gadgetzan. Kill the 5/5 and gadgetzan is safe.
Reply Quote
Deathrattle mainly happens during opponent turn.

You can't perform any action during oponent turn, that means Ambusher wil return RANDOM minion on your field to your hand. Enemy can EASILY play around it, you willl lose your tempo instantly and lose the game only by this card.

This card backfires so hard it's going to be useless
Reply Quote
4 mana for a 5/5 is better than yeti. Plus if it bounces back a combo card, even better.
Reply Quote
Where do you guys see that info?
Reply Quote
This card makes miracle rogue even better.
Reply Quote
2 people ask where the info is from, 4 people ignore that. What's wrong with you?

A new Naxx card per week is revealed on the official Hearthstone Twitter account. ;)

Oh, and the card is actually great.
Reply Quote
wow...OP is so short-sighted....I am just seeing so much potential with this card...just works so well with Earthen Ring Farseer, Si: 7, Defias Ring leader, or any neutral that has battlecry effect...When both minions are out, it forces the opponent to kill the other minion first instead of Ambusher because of the deathrattle effect. Often you would want to kill the biggest threat first.

If played alone...well then it's better than a Yeti...

All Miracle version decks should have this card.

Simply put this card is amazing.
Reply Quote
05/14/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Python

You really think that this is bad for a class that is at the top of the meta right now based on mechanics that return minions to their hand?!?!
Reply Quote
Juggle effect of this card excels at nothing.

Shadowstep - Juggles your minion, reduces manacost
Sap - Removes enemy minion, cheap cost
Vanish- Removes your minions without reducing cost, but also theirs; high cost.
This -> Removes your minion, doesn't reduce its cost; high cost.

I wouldn't use this to juggle anything. Juggling is clearly a drawback for being a 5/5.
Edited by Krizalid on 5/15/2014 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 07:09 AMPosted by Krizalid
This -> Removes your minion, doesn't reduce its cost; high cost.

I wouldn't use this to juggle anything. Juggling is clearly a drawback for being a 5/5.

5/5 is strong for 4 mana. It will kill Yetis and stay on the board. If the only other minion you have on the board is Defias or SI Agent, this card is excellent.

I just noticed that this effect is most likely random and not targeted....so that makes it almost balanced instead of OP in my opinion...
Reply Quote
rogue got the worst expansion card out of all classes

Seriously, if that's your thoughts about the card. You've failed to become a better player and see potential value in card standards in Hearthstone. I suggest that you don't make threads like this in the future until you've become smarter, regarding Hearthstone.

This card brings out high potential bouncing. Strongest 4 minion drop in the game, even better on empty board in decks with less minions. It bounces combo cards, injured minions and battlecries. Early 5/5 that can be concealed and a savior card vs Sylvanas.

E.g
If played with Argus or SB, you're going to bounce back with great value.
If played with card draw BC, your're going to get a extra deck cycle card/s.
If played with combo card on the board, it'll force him to remove the other or get combed again while losing a removal.

I hope you'll understand that this new card is one of the best cards that has come out of this expansion so far.
Edited by Bibiki on 5/15/2014 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like the flavor of this card, its like wc3 those crypt fiends pew pew and win win. The card itself is very win btw. What can go wrong with 4 mana 5/5 that also has a random brewmaster effect? Craziness is sure to ensue. Seriously though this seems to be an average card certainly not the best, because warriors get crazy wep, but not the worst.
Reply Quote

You are bad if you can't see how this could be used. You have to play around this card since it can easily just put useful cards back into your hand, or at the very least heal them at the cost of mana and tempo.

This card could be really good if you're playing a deck of useful battlecries. Lets go through them:

Defias Ringleader
SI:7 Agent
Earthen Ring Farseer
Divine Shield Minions (which the enemy will have to kill now before killing the 5/5, since they'll give you too much value)

Run the Nerubian egg with this, some of the cards above and Mukla and you'll have a rogue that delivers threats faster than the enemy can deal with them.

When I saw this card my mind instantly went to "this is OP."
Reply Quote
I think its funny that you all are claiming this to be one of the "best" when you clearly don't even know what the rest of the cards are yet. The other claim is that "whomever" speaks poorly about it is "bad" because X reason. How about you stop making claims that cannot be backed by any other evidence except your unrelenting "genius". @ OP This means you too. Stop making OMFG ROGUE SUX NOW! comments until you see what else happens. ;/
If you are going to make claims, at least wait until you have evidence supported by the other cards so that you can do so without making yourself look bad. All I see here are a bunch of emotional responses.
Edited by WoundedMass on 5/15/2014 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Correction. Worst card so far, it is very possible another class might get a worse one. But yes as it stands right now we are getting completely shafted in naxx because our card LITERALLY will 2 for 1 us.
Reply Quote
I do agree it is a loss of tempo in the current decks we run. It has a lot of variables. Depending on if you went first or second. Depending if you coined it out. What trades you made. Most importantly, which minion if any did it bounce back? Was the battle cry if the minion had one at at all worth bouncing? Probably not at that point in the game unless you were able to coin a SI:7 and even then you still lose the tempo of that minions damage.
Its still hard to say at this point but I would have to run it a few times and see how it does. First assumptions say it looks a lot better than it is. We'll have to wait and see to be certain though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]