What is wrong with this deck

Hello there,

Been running this deck, nothing quite stands out as "must be replaced" but for the love of Argus it is just not working as well as it should. Appreciate any feedback I can get

2 Backstab
1 Shadowstep
1 Cold Blood
2 Eviscerate
2 Shiv
1 Bloodmage Thalanos
2 Kobold Geomancer
2 Fan of Knives
1 Headcrack
2 Dalaran Mage
2 Ironfur Grizzly
1 SI:7 Agent
1 Leeroy Jenkins
2 Ogre Maggi
2 Senjin Shieldmasta
1 Assasinate
2 Azure Drake
1 Argent Commander
2 Sunwalker

I've used whatever dust I have to craft that clown Jenkins.

Edit: Typo
Edited by Oceanstar7 on 5/3/2014 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, one thing that stands out to me is you have 6 cards that you only have one of (not counting Legendaries). That can be problematic because it makes it harder to pull that 1 that you need, the moment you need it. Leeroy + Cold Blood is a brilliant combo, but with only one Cold Blood in your deck, you leave yourself open to not getting it. Shadowstep is the same story. So you might look for ways to drop a card or two and double up on those cards that can really make or break a match for you. Just a thought...

Also, in what way is it not working well? What situations are you finding yourself in that you lose? More details can help folks help you.
Reply Quote
asassinate is a bad card especially in this deck thats one thing wrong with it
Reply Quote
It's not working because it lacks a clear purpose. How do you plan to defeat your opponents with it?

You seem to want to make it a spell deck, but you lack the most essential tool for a spell deck, and that is gadgetzan auctioneer. Your card draw is lacking. Those few cards like fan of knives are just replacing themselves, they don't offer card draws.

2 Dalaran Mage
2 Ironfur Grizzly

these two are horrible.

You want to take a defensive stance with all those taunts but for what purpose? You will not kill your opponent with sunwalker. You will only delay him. But for what purpose? There is nothing that awaits for you in end game apart for a leeroy with only one shadowstep (you should have two)

Don't try to reinvent the wheel when there is already a deck designed to suit your purpose: Miracle Rogue. You either win with leeroy, or with Malygos (that's another deck, but shares most of the principles with leeroy).

On the opposite there is Tempo Rogue, but for that you need many more minions to make it work.
Reply Quote
Your deck seems split between what it wants todo. You seem to have more control oriented cards mixed with cards that should be used in an aggro style, so when you actually play it, it is probably being split between those two styles (which is probably why it seems like it is failing more times than not).

If you want I run a very aggro oriented Tempo Rogue, using the deck list of

2x Backstab
1x Cold Blood
2x Deadly Poison
2x Argent Squire
2x Eviscerate
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Loot Hoarder
2x Harvest Golem
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x SI;7 Agent
2x Dark Iron Dwarf
2x Defender of Argus
1x Leeroy Mother F'in Jenkins
1x Abomination
2x Azure Drake
1x Spiteful Smith
2x Argent Commander
1x Sprint.

With this deck I am capable of swinging for lethal on turn 6 (possibly sooner if they get a terrible run of luck), or, against more control oriented decks, just getting and maintaining board presence, until I find a way to break the gridlock..

~*With this deck you can race a to the face hunter and win - or force him to start making trades - because you will put more damage out a lot faster than them. Or against a control deck, you can constantly have 1 or 2 hard to remove minions on the board putting pressure on them..*~

As a side note, I am actually thinking about taking Leeroy out for another Cold Blood, or possibly a Sap. As Leeroy has seemed very situational to me (mostly only being used as a killing blow - which I don't really need with how the deck works -, or once in a blue moon used to take out a high health taunt minion). And, also, I will be removing Abomination for Big Game Hunter once high aggro rush decks start falling off a bit more..
Edited by sp0ons on 5/5/2014 6:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]