Tempo or Miracle

So I realized today that I owned all of the Rogue cards, and the class itself was pretty fun playing casually, so I figured I should craft Edwin Van Cleef and make a real solid Rogue deck I could possibly ladder with next season. I generally run Paladin, but I just can't get past rank 7 for the life of me, and I've gotten 120 wins this season with Paladin alone.. So I'm going to try out some other decks and see if anything peaks my interest.

My question then lies here: Is the Tempo or Miracle rogue more viable right now, and whichever one it is, could I get some advice on crafting a deck. I see plenty of decks online I could essentially copy and paste but I'd like to hear some feedback on your own experiences with either of these decks.

I did a little bit of Tempo Rogue, but I wasn't very good at it. Albeit I hadn't had much practice with the class itself. I also have been toying around with the Malygod Miracle, which is hella fun, but I don't see how it could possibly ladder to above where I am now.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Any feedback is appreciated!
Reply Quote
I have Leeroy, Edwin, Thalnos, TBK, and others. I'm not worried about missing cards, I don't know what I could be missing for either of these decks. I'd just like to hear personal experiences with either deck, and why one is more fun.. or more viable.. or whichever.
Reply Quote
Oh, since you already have all those cards I'd advise making both decks and trying it out for yourself. Personally I play both and they're both really fun in their own way.

Miracle is pretty challenging to play and you have a really good matchup vs control, and it just feels amazing when your combo goes off. Tempo is also pretty fun if you like to play aggro, keeping board advantage until you get your opponent into kill range, and you have a really good matchup vs aggro.

I have plenty of fun alternating between the both of them, sometimes by whim, sometimes because I'm getting queued into some specific matchups very often (a lot of times you'll want to go with Tempo if you're facing a lot of Zoo and Hunter, especially midrange, which are very common on ladder).
Reply Quote
Alrighty thanks I'll look into crafting both of 'em then, is the miracle deck you run one which utilizes the Leeroy/ Shadowstep combo, Edwin, or Malygos?
Reply Quote
I use the Kolento version but with 2 conceals.
Reply Quote
I have playing Rogue since the open beta and i enjoy the cycling card style the miracle deck use.

However, i found more success rate on doing a mix of spell damage and combo weapon with it than going straight on get Gadgetzan and go for the win... which is too much situational for my taste.

Tried many forms of it and just concluded that IF you get Gadgetzan until turn-5-6 you have a very good chance... if not, you are completely helpless unless the odds of RnG are in your favor.

Even tried to down the number of spells to put more minions, like pirates that combo with weapons, but still, no power to win games yet. Players are very ready to deal with board since this Zoo thing started...

Also, i refused the idea of get down in the zoo style and prefered to keep on the Rogue "from no where, boom, headshot" thing... but, how to win games then?

From the miracle we know, i made a few changes: Included Nat, 2 Kobolds and Greenskin in exchange of SI:7s, Van Cleef and Acolyte.

Also, kept 2 Concelas and 2 Blade Furys.

Playstyle is the same, keep looking for Auctioneer as hard as possible, but pay attention to the board. Defensive mode on. Keep Evis, Backstab and Kobolds to combo togheter and eliminate ANY threats, no matter how small it is. Shiv and Fan goes for card draw, but primary task is to eliminate board, then card draw.

By turn 5-6 you could have a good chance of have Greeskin and/or Assassin's Blade too.

I saw that this setup will allow time for you to keep clearing the board with fatties until you get Auctioneer and some spells in your hand to use effectively. Blade Fury also just plays impressive by this time in the game giving you 1 or 2 turns that could make a huge difference. If you can stop the player to make any play with minions, you are in a good position.

After this point, you only need Leeroy, Shadownsteps and Saps to finish the game.

Current deck list: http://i.imgur.com/o0fbBtQ.png

The playstyle is nice, it gave me a lot of good moments, but still, i don't think Rogue is viable class to rank up at this time. The best i went this season was rank 10.

Hope it helps.
Reply Quote
04/30/2014 10:06 AMPosted by Antonelli
The playstyle is nice, it gave me a lot of good moments, but still, i don't think Rogue is viable class to rank up at this time. The best i went this season was rank 10.

With Midrange Hunter ruling the meta Tempo Rogue is viable, and Miracle was always viable as well. Maybe it's not as good as Watcher Druid to rank up, but it's still good. I got to rank 5 this season playing Rogue and am still climbing (or would still be climbing but I hardly ever play anymore).
Reply Quote
I played about 20 games as Rogue since this post, most of them being Miracle as I really enjoy the playstyle. Very fun class to play, the combos with Gadgetzan are crazy!
Reply Quote
04/30/2014 10:06 AMPosted by Antonelli
I have playing Rogue since the open beta and i enjoy the cycling card style the miracle deck use.

However, i found more success rate on doing a mix of spell damage and combo weapon with it than going straight on get Gadgetzan and go for the win... which is too much situational for my taste.

Tried many forms of it and just concluded that IF you get Gadgetzan until turn-5-6 you have a very good chance... if not, you are completely helpless unless the odds of RnG are in your favor.

Even tried to down the number of spells to put more minions, like pirates that combo with weapons, but still, no power to win games yet. Players are very ready to deal with board since this Zoo thing started...

Also, i refused the idea of get down in the zoo style and prefered to keep on the Rogue "from no where, boom, headshot" thing... but, how to win games then?

From the miracle we know, i made a few changes: Included Nat, 2 Kobolds and Greenskin in exchange of SI:7s, Van Cleef and Acolyte.

Also, kept 2 Concelas and 2 Blade Furys.

Playstyle is the same, keep looking for Auctioneer as hard as possible, but pay attention to the board. Defensive mode on. Keep Evis, Backstab and Kobolds to combo togheter and eliminate ANY threats, no matter how small it is. Shiv and Fan goes for card draw, but primary task is to eliminate board, then card draw.

By turn 5-6 you could have a good chance of have Greeskin and/or Assassin's Blade too.

I saw that this setup will allow time for you to keep clearing the board with fatties until you get Auctioneer and some spells in your hand to use effectively. Blade Fury also just plays impressive by this time in the game giving you 1 or 2 turns that could make a huge difference. If you can stop the player to make any play with minions, you are in a good position.

After this point, you only need Leeroy, Shadownsteps and Saps to finish the game.

Current deck list: http://i.imgur.com/o0fbBtQ.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the input, I found similar things in my short time playing the class. I can see how tempo would be more effective against aggro decks, with the increase of minion presence, I think I'm just bad at the tempo playstyle. I seem to do much better with miracle, and I also think it's damn fun to drop a Gadgetzan and spam your spells for the infinite cycle through your deck. Half the game I've played I haven't even needed Leeroy/ Shadowstep combo because I do enough spill-over damage with Blade Flurry and attacking. I also like to run x2 Conceal in my deck, contrary to a lot of Miracle Rogue's I've seen. I like to stealth my Gadgetzan's or my Edwin if I happen to get a big combo off with him.

TL;DR I'd like to get better with Tempo Rogue, but right now I suck at the playstyle. Miracle Rogue is a lot of fun and I will continue running it.
Reply Quote
I hate Miracle. Every time I try play it, those gadgetzans are bottom of the deck. I just have bad luck cycling my deck. I think I try tempo out.

I played several Miracle games today and I didn't draw gadgetzan or leeroy at all.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Kouen
I hate Miracle. Every time I try play it, those gadgetzans are bottom of the deck. I just have bad luck cycling my deck. I think I try tempo out.

I played several Miracle games today and I didn't draw gadgetzan or leeroy at all.

It comes down to card draws, if I get a Gadgetzan I never mulligan it. No matter what deck I'm facing because it is just so crucial in your game. If you don't draw it in a miracle deck, you have no hope of winning. Tempo is more reliable, but I just find miracle to be more fun.

I'm sure it must irritate my opponent when I spend the entirety of my turn time casting spell, after spell, after spell...
Reply Quote
There's nothing more rewarding than playing a Miracle Rogue and winning! Just tonight, my opponent's hero was down to 20 points, and I was down to 4. On my next turn, I unleashed Leeroy + Cold Blood + Shadowstep + Shadowstep. I can only imagine the look on my opponent's face when I beat him/her.

With that being said, there are many times when you won't get a good draw and you'll die quickly. In the aforementioned situation, I never would have won if I didn't get that draw. It all comes down to the style you enjoy most.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 08:02 PMPosted by NoxUmbra
There's nothing more rewarding than playing a Miracle Rogue and winning! Just tonight, my opponent's hero was down to 20 points, and I was down to 4. On my next turn, I unleashed Leeroy + Cold Blood + Shadowstep + Shadowstep. I can only imagine the look on my opponent's face when I beat him/her.

With that being said, there are many times when you won't get a good draw and you'll die quickly. In the aforementioned situation, I never would have won if I didn't get that draw. It all comes down to the style you enjoy most.

Describes it perfectly, if you draw well you win, if you don't you lose.. and when you draw well it feels better winning with this deck than any other! At least I think so.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 09:39 PMPosted by PHxLoki
Describes it perfectly, if you draw well you win, if you don't you lose.. and when you draw well it feels better winning with this deck than any other! At least I think so.

Personally, this is why I don't see the appeal of Miracle Rogue: luck should only have a slight influence on your odds of success, not the determining factor. Skill is meant to matter more, and while it takes skill to play miracle rogue properly, if you don't draw well you're screwed.

Playing, what is more or less, tempo rogue I maybe mulligan one or two cards, if that. Most games my opening hand is just fine.
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 05:47 PMPosted by VivianK
Skill is meant to matter more, and while it takes skill to play miracle rogue properly, if you don't draw well you're screwed.

Not quite, if you're good with mulligans and good with the deck in general you can win even without drawing auctioneer, or drawing him very late. Skill matters a lot more than luck with Miracle, and it's one of the decks which requires the most skill. Besides, you can say the same for Hunter not drawing UTH, Freeze Mage not drawing Frostbolt or pretty much anyone not drawing AoE vs aggro decks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]