Pally Fix.

Paladins currently lack single minion removal. This is hurting us a lot in the current meta against aggro decks that can fill the board in two turns, boning us if we don't happen to draw a pyro combo or consecrate early game. Even if we do, generally it means we clear the board on turn four, after taking 15 damage, and then put nothing on the board ourselves. Currently, Paladins are too easy to predict and play around because very few Paladin decks are viable at higher levels and we then have to start jeopardizing deck utility to try and combat predictability.

The class needs a minion, even if it's an epic or legendary, that has

"Battlecry: Change a minion's health to 1"

It fits in line with spells we already have, and sticks with the theme of adding rare minions into a class that have properties of spells available to the class. It would also still be a 2 card removal, it would just allow more versatility and creativity in decks.
Edited by Shorty40 on 4/29/2014 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That'd be awesome, been thinking it myself. We already have the Aldor Peacekeeper for the minion attack to 1, so why not a minion for lowering health to 1. We could call it... The Aldor Warmonger.

Hue.. I don't know but it's a solid idea, I've heard it before and agree it would be neat.
Reply Quote
I've had an idea for cheap semi-removal that might make sense for Paladins. An effect that hasn't really been used yet: turning minions in to Ancient Watchers. 'Target minion can't attack'. Or to reduce its cost further 'Target minion can't attack until it takes damage'. The fluff being taking a foe prisoner until its fate is decided. Possible card examples (that could probably stand further balancing!):

Pillory (Spell) 1 mana
Target minion can't attack until it takes damage

Turalyon (Legendary Minion) 5 mana
Battlecry: Target minion can't attack
5/4

Both of these at mana costs that would be useable on the Paladin curve. Also Turalyon was a Paladin that captured Ogrim Doomhammer alive, hence choosing him for this effect.
Reply Quote
i only half agree with this, the paladin deck i use is very divine shield heavy and if you place a D-shield (yes that's an intentional pun) on a creature with 4 attack, something easily done btw especially with cards like blessing of might, that 4 attack is capable of getting rid of a majority of creatures in the game without sacrificing your own, heck sticking a blessing of might on a pally power token is basically a "deal 4 damage to target creature" for 3 mana. however there isn't much answer for cards with a ridiculous amount of health such as any of the legendary dragons or a card that's been buffed up ala priest buffs except for equality, i like PHxLoki's idea though, make a creature that reduces another's health to 1, it doesn't kill it off outright and can still take out the creature that ends up attacking it.
Reply Quote
hero power where we can randomly get 1/1 , 0/2 Spott etc.....
Reply Quote
My issue with relying on divine shields is that it basically forces you to play an early game deck, and, if the other player drops a blood mage, then you are once again in a bad place without single minion removal.

Combine this with the frustration of playing against a priest as a control pally (where every card they thoughtsteal or mind control from you is SO much better in their deck than yours), it can be a really tough go.

I know things are supposed to be difficult and counters to everything are built in, but EVERY matchup with my pally at rank 9/10 seems uphill.
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 11:52 AMPosted by Shorty40
My issue with relying on divine shields is that it basically forces you to play an early game deck, and, if the other player drops a blood mage, then you are once again in a bad place without single minion removal.

Combine this with the frustration of playing against a priest as a control pally (where every card they thoughtsteal or mind control from you is SO much better in their deck than yours), it can be a really tough go.

I know things are supposed to be difficult and counters to everything are built in, but EVERY matchup with my pally at rank 9/10 seems uphill.

at the very least my pally deck is decent late game and early game, i've beaten both rush decks like hunters and late game decks like druids, true i don't win all the time, but i'd say maybe 7/10 times. i don't really understand how the bloodmage in particular is so detrimental to d-shields though, could you explain? i know bloodmage is a great card, but it isn't exactly game breaking, i usually kill it off and let the other guy have the card instead of letting him keep an ability on the field.
Edited by supereece on 4/29/2014 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]