Need a knowledgable rogue please

So this post will explain in more detail what im looking for if you would like to read it http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/12673547920

Otherwise, I'm new to the game, just got all classes to lvl 10 and now looking for the one id like to play.

I want a class that is a counter to the decks a lot of people choose because of ease and dominance, (seems to be hunter / lock) but also accomplished without a legendary deck. I don't plan on buying packs.

I was hoping this would be Druid but apparently Druid requires a lot of key non common cards I don't have.

Someone in the Druid forums recommended Rogue. Does the Rogue fit this bill? After reading through some rogue posts, it seems the Rogue might not be the best answer to hunter / lock but probably is the best basic deck.

Any thoughts from experienced Rogues? Thanks for any advice!
Reply Quote
Go for shaman. If you'd like a good experience then go watch Trump play a basic shaman deck to legendary. There's quite a few videos but you can watch him play a variety of opponents and how he deals with different scenarios. Shaman is very capable at its core level and fun.
At this point, dealing with any of the current lock, huntard, druid decks is going to be difficult without certain cards. Quite honestly, its difficult even when you have all the cards.
Reply Quote
Hmm, thanks I am enjoying the rogue so far but I will try out the shaman as well.
Reply Quote
Go to YouTube or Twitch and watch some video's on various decks and classes. There's a lot of variety in the game, try playing some that peak your interest. You'll inevitably find at least one that is a lot of fun for you, I have played a lot of Paladin but am switching to Rogue because I find it more enjoyable (and a bit easier).
Reply Quote
I'd recommend Tempo Rogue to counter Zoo and Hunter. You can get to a good rating playing any deck, but unless you spend money to get legendaries you're gonna have to suffer a bit unless you also play Midrange Hunter of Zoo because those are basically the 2 decks that don't run legendaries. And yeah, you could run something like Trump's free Shaman, but then Hunter decks will make you cry.
Reply Quote
04/30/2014 09:04 PMPosted by Pugnator
I'd recommend Tempo Rogue to counter Zoo and Hunter. You can get to a good rating playing any deck, but unless you spend money to get legendaries you're gonna have to suffer a bit unless you also play Midrange Hunter of Zoo because those are basically the 2 decks that don't run legendaries. And yeah, you could run something like Trump's free Shaman, but then Hunter decks will make you cry.

Maybe I'm just terrible at Tempo Rogue, but the hunter is an unwinnable matchup. I get out even a few minions, which you always do because you're Tempo, and they punish you with UTH, Buzzard, and Hyena. I find Miracle Rogue to work better because for the most part your board is clear.
Reply Quote
The key to Tempo Rogue is not to overextend. You usually need only 1 or two minions backed up by a weapon to win. Miracle Rogue oftenly has trouble dealing with early pressure without resorting to their hero power, which is just added damage to your face. Especially Murlocks and face Hunters like this fact. So Miracle Rogue performs somewhat worse against rush decks.
Edited by Ancor3 on 4/30/2014 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tempo Rogue is what I've played from rank 15-7 (How far I got last season)
It has very good early and mid game while able to dish out big minions and combos during the late game. Shiv and Eviscerate give good removal and with it's low mana cost, you can keep up with early aggro decks. Getting coin and Defias ringleader at the start of the game is also another good way to start a match. I am able to upkeep with hunters and warlocks while still being able to keep minions on the board and able to do damage as well. I highly reccomend playing with a tempo rogue deck. While it only has 1 spell for "board clear" (Blade Furry) it still does a lot of work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]