Blade Fury shouldn't be touching heroes

Blade Fury worked like how Savagery pre-nerf worked, but I noticed the last few games I played against a rogue, it hit the hero as well. No this isn't a "I lost so I rage" rant since I won most of those games, but even then, I don't think it should be hitting the hero. It's already boostable via spellpower, and aoe's everything down. You can even spike down a minion to enough where it can be eliminated. Rogue's have plenty of control and removal, adding that extra spike damage to Blade Fury is a little too much.
Reply Quote
That control and removal doesn't last and we are one trick ponies when it comes to dmg. Even tempo rogue relies on certain functions of consistent dps that revolve around the removal at key times. I highly doubt rogues need anymore nerfing in terms of dps until the class is looked at more in-depth with its class cards etc. You give us more consistent mid to late game and less gimmicky play and then we can talk blade fury. Furthermore, bladefury's value goes way down after the first one. Its highly unlikely you will draw the cards needed (poison, plus assassin's blade) to make it work again without losing high value. You have to look at it in terms of card worth. More often than not, its a 1 shot deal that better work or its a losing play.
Reply Quote
So you won but you want to get an even easier win next time? It's fine for Blade Flurry to hit face because some Rogue decks have limited sources of damage and need to end the game fast, so they rely on damaging face with weapons, and since Blade Flurry destroys said weapons, it also damages face to make up for it. In fact, a lot of AoEs damage face, like Consecration, and that one really has no reason to do so.
Reply Quote
Pug...I like you. Just sayin.
Reply Quote
RE: Title

LOL, no.
Edited by Garm on 4/30/2014 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blade Fury is my favourite Rouge spell. Its almost as powerful as Flamespike and Lighting Storm.
Reply Quote
I actually have a a very successful rogue deck, tyvm. And no it doesn't use Blade Fury. And very few of all the aoe's actually affect the hero. Hellfire, it hits you too if use it so it's a major risk. Swipe is like a weaker but wider fireball, Consecration is only 2 damage for 4 mana. Every other aoe, such as Starfall, Flamestrike, Arcane Blast, Lightning Storm, and even the Whirlwind doesn't hit heroes. And Rogue's have plenty of removal, especially with Combos. SI Agent's 2 ping, Eviscerate, and rogues already have Fan of Knives, Sap counts as well. That's quite alot of removal compared to, not counting the weapons they have in their decks that combo along with Deadly poison, let's say Druid, who barely has any direct hard removal, and Savagery was nerfed to ground. Hell even Savagery pre-nerf didn't or couldn't touch the hero. Btw you'll notice I never mentioned Hounds because that card is so broken at the moment. If I had for my way, aoe's shouldn't even touch heroes, but Mixed does have a point
Edited by Rothe on 5/1/2014 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/30/2014 09:20 PMPosted by Mixedculture
Rogue's have plenty of control

I wish you had started with this statement so i didn't have to read through all of that Rank 20 garbage you just wrote.
Reply Quote
^ This
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Rothe
especially with Combos. SI Agent's 2 ping

Without the coin its awkward to combo in the early game if you get silly draws especially, and in the late game that 2 dmg will only tickle your ragnaros

05/01/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Rothe
Sap counts as well.

Sap is a straight up 0 for 1 in the favour of the opponent, even worse if it had a battlecry, its more of a delay than removal, like shieldbarer in some sense.
Reply Quote
Hellfire, Swipe, Consacration, Holy Nova... and they are affected by spell power too. So why specifically rogues need to be toned sown?
Reply Quote
Lets get real here. The state of the game is completely disgusting and everyone knows it. Players are constantly crafting decks with all their power to avoid having to think about trades on the board in any way necessary. I saw an old tournament where this guy's hand was full of huge fun monsters and it took him a while to decide which he would use and stuff was actually happening on board.

Huge taunt? lemme drop thalnos and 1 or 2 spells problem solved rest of my minions go face. Huge legendary rag np lemme BGH it and rest of my minions go face. Lemme hit that divine shield off that creature and pop thalnos for a 4 dmg boardwipe at 2 mana.

It doesn't really matter how you cut it whether it be rogues or hunters. All the most powerful decks have one thing in common. A way to avoid ever having to run a minion into something on board (unless the said minion has taunt or they want to use a draw mechanic) and a way to kill everyone behind walls with spells. This simplifies the thinking process behind the game further, because there is no more trade, there is combo eliminate and go face.

Finally some !@#$in genius realised that if miracle rogues cut out a few things for some early board pressure and some little healing 3-3s they can slam everyone into the dirt and make tempo plays with sap to make sure no matter how much board the opponent was trying to build it would be empty at the end of most turns. People are literally afraid to play big minions because their whole turn could be wasted for 3 mana. I tried out the malygod deck with a few changes and it was the easiest games ever having no idea how to use it I just made the basic correct moves in a so called bad matchup vrs a non retard who was also playing correct (use of all mana all minions made sense decent deck build)
Edited by Sxt on 5/5/2014 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^^^^TLDR: I am bad at the game and mad so I came here to rage.

What does any of your post have to do with blade fury? Take your rage whine somewhere else.
Edited by WoundedMass on 5/5/2014 3:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ok, 2 mana for weapon + 2 mana for blade furry = a 1 dmg to all minions combo. I believe thats balance :) ty
Reply Quote
No. Blade Flurry is fine as is. Quit whining because you set yourself up for it. I swear you people are acting as if blade flurry is as bad as flamestrike.
Edited by WoundedMass on 5/5/2014 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]