Miracle Priest, YO!

Before you say it.. yes, it's a #($)#) Divine fire priest.

No, it's not meant to be highly competitive. But it's not quite a joke deck.

And yes, it's based on Day9's idea.

Basic idea is to mimic Miracle Rogue's burst damage and card cycling. The burst comes from Northshire Knight, Divine, Divine, Inner fire, similar to Leeroy/Shadowstep/Shadowstep.

Right now it's in Alpha. the goal was just to make it so that the basic strategy can even happen: get enough card pull to force the combo, which Is tricky since Rogue normally has their spells to pull it off. As such I mimicked it by, right now, dumping nearly EVERY CARD DRAW MINION that's low cost. Beyond that, have removals to survive to the turn 9 you need to get there.

Holy Smite x2
Inner Fire x2
Power word: shield x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Divine Spirit x2
SW:P X2
Loot Hoarder x2
Novice Engineer x2
Sw:D x2
coldlight Oracle x2
Mass Dispel
Gnomish INventor x2
Stormwind Knight x2
Holy Nova x2
Azure Drake x2
Holy Fire

Again, it's alpha. however, it does work. You just need to get 10 damage done to the opponent. If double Knight or inner shows up then it's not a dead card: just use it to, say, change a 4 health minion to set up for PW, or get a threat to delay with.

I'm thinking of getting another HOly fire, but I'd have to craft it and not sure I want to really do that investment.

Mass Dispel is probably going to go, but not quite sure what to replace it with. First instinct is to combine it with shadowform as I benefit more from damage than healing myself.

So other than "OMG fail priest" any ideas either to improve it a bit or to add lol fun to it?

No to thoughtsteal/mind vision. Trying to remove RNG.
Reply Quote
OMG fail priest
Reply Quote
I'd leave Mass Dispel in the deck. Otherwise if some taunts show up you might still lose even if you have all the necessary cards on your hand already.

If you are only trying to survive until you get your combo, is SW:D really necessary?

If you need to draw your combo faster you also might want to try Pyro+Circle of Healing+Clerik. Pyro alone is also pretty good for early board control especially against zoo.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but perhaps Auctioneer is also a good addition with so many spells. Then you might also want to add Silence to further thin the deck and do something against troublesome minions.

Shadow Madness can also be funny. It's pretty good against early game decks and sometimes allow you to do the combo with an enemy minion :)
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Abadhor
I'd leave Mass Dispel in the deck. Otherwise if some taunts show up you might still lose even if you have all the necessary cards on your hand already.

If you are only trying to survive until you get your combo, is SW:D really necessary?

If you need to draw your combo faster you also might want to try Pyro+Circle of Healing+Clerik. Pyro alone is also pretty good for early board control especially against zoo.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but perhaps Auctioneer is also a good addition with so many spells. Then you might also want to add Silence to further thin the deck and do something against troublesome minions.

Shadow Madness can also be funny. It's pretty good against early game decks and sometimes allow you to do the combo with an enemy minion :)

Well, I gues SW:D may not be needed. I'm paranoid of it but meh. Guess I could fit something else in.

As far as the combo pulling, I actually don't need any more pull as is. In almost every game I'm at 10 cards, helped due to every minion replaces itself (sidenote bloodmage is a definite in.. if I had it :P). I actually dropped Auctioneer due to it. HOWEVER, I might add it back in and grab some spells like silence. I could probably also drop, say, Engineer then and add something more useful.

I'll try shadow madness. Might give me a chance against druids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]