Help with Rogue Murloc?

People keep complaining about miracle...I've seen mean responses over murloc too...well whatever. I am no good with miracle, hard as I try, I'm a bad player. (for those that claim rogue takes no skill, as a truly crappy player, let me tell you that you're wrong.)

anyway, to the actual deck. this got me from 20 to 16, and its still doing okay, but I am kinda thinking people could help me step up my game. Before people point out the obvious lack of a second warleader, I don't have one.

2x Preparation
2x Shadow Step
2x Conceal
2x Grimscale Oracle
2x Murloc Tidecaller
1x Betrayal
2x Sap
2x Bluegill warrior
2x Murloc Tidehunter
1x Fan of Knives
2x Coldlight Oracle
2x Coldlight Seer
1x Murloc Warleader
1x Leroy Jenkins
1x Old Murk-Eye
1x Assassin's Blade (would be a Murloc Warleader if I had one :P)
2x Assassinate (I know this seems like over kill. but nobody ever sees two coming, and because my minions are so low cost, I figured why not? I can afford to out right get rid of some obnoxious minions)
2x Vanish (I'm not really sure what I am doing with this, but they won a game for me once. once.)

So I get this is kinda the "dirty-cheese-deck of hearthstone" but its the first one I can play reasonably well. I was kinda proud to discover shadowstepping the coldlights and how they work great, gets me all the drawing I need without sacrificing health. I could do auctioneer I guess, but if I was going to do that, I might as well just play full miracle rogue, and when I did that, I failed terribly.
Reply Quote
Whats your big problem you run into when playing this deck?
Reply Quote
mostly flame strike and swipe XD honestly, it plays really well, I don't have too many problems. Coldseer+shadow step is amazing. I am not really having a hard time winning with it, but since I made this on my own, I feel I am probably not efficient at it, and I researched other rogue murlocs, but nobody seems to comment or say anything about them. I have learned murloc decks seem to be rather frowned on...
Reply Quote
If its frowned on or not winning is winning and thats all that matters. Those problems you listed are the same problems for any aggro/Zoo deck lol! There isnt really a way to deal with it.

My advice is to learn when the decks that play them are most likely to use them against you and try to play around them. Also dont over commit to the board, even when you have victory in your sights sometimes the right choice is to hold off.

Id have to look at the cards to help you make this more efficient, when I get home from work ill put this deck together and see what I can figure out.
Reply Quote
there is nothing except coldlight oracle that draws cards in the deck..
you empty your hand in turn 1, 2, 3 and then what? start topdecking cards every turn?

Thats why warlocks are so good, they draw 2 cards a turn.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 06:01 AMPosted by Glennn
there is nothing except coldlight oracle that draws cards in the deck..
you empty your hand in turn 1, 2, 3 and then what? start topdecking cards every turn?

Thats why warlocks are so good, they draw 2 cards a turn.

actually the cold light thing works well, I generally shadow step it. I was running sprint for one of the vanishes, but that never quite worked out. and I don't usually play anything turn 1, sometimes 2, I try to wait until I can definitely buff health/stats before I drop them. I played with warlock before, the sacrificing health and not running coldlight actually work out to be about the same as playing oracle+shadow step. the only real down side is giving my opponents cards. but a well timed vanish+coldlight has really messed up my opponents.
Reply Quote
You would be better off playing Murlocs in a Warlock or Shaman deck, because of the all card draw/buffs.

Murlocs in a Rogue deck seems dependent on Oracle + SS
Edited by Muto on 5/16/2014 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it kinda is, but people don't really see it coming from rogue (which might attribute to my victories thus far, I really doubt I get under 12 with this deck) that said, I am focused on getting a golden rogue, so want to play rogue however possible, and rogue murloc isn't TOTALLY crazy. its had some interesting combo so far. like I said, warlock pretty much guarantees about 4 draws with a health penalty, rogue has about same rate of draw but reliant on two cards shadow stepping also works obnoxiously well with tide caller and bluegill also the one that summons a token. I'm not really delusional to think this could go legendary, but think rogue is viable
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]