Is Edwin Van Cleef neccessary in miracle rogu

Hi, im a Shaman main.

I just started miracle rogue after seeing people playing it. wanna try the fun part of thinking and cracking brain around the combos.

My deck lacks Edwin Van Cleef now, should i craft it?
isit one of the core card? does it make a big difference if he's in there, instead of my current QA.

im trying out kolento's variant. 2 coldlight oracle. without the mukla thou.
Reply Quote
edwin isn't really necessary, hes probably the least necessary thing in the deck. leroy is a must, preps are a must and auctioneers. the rest is kinda gravy and balance. most people run 1 edwin and 1 agent 7, just up that to two instead.
Reply Quote
I've been running a miracle variant with more a tempo style. Its fun to try it without the blade flurry and/or assassins blade. I find it works a bit better later on and you can still do the big combo while keeping board presence.
Reply Quote
Edwin isn't necessary. FreeGold is known for success with Miracle variants (some of which don't run Edwin or SI:7s at all).

If you're looking for an Edwin replacement Questing Adv. and/or Mana Addicts are completely viable choices who can fill the spot on a budget quite effectively. It slightly changes the play style in that you usually want to conceal them at least a turn (instead of just saving Conceal for Auctioneer only), but they're perfectly acceptable options in the Edwin/SI:7 slots.
Edited by CrazyMage on 5/17/2014 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I didn't want to waste dust on crafting Edwin at first and tried to replace him with questing adventurer. However I found questing is not a good enough replacement. Edwin ramps up much quicker allowing you to buff him to a 4/4 or 6/6 early if needed.

I didn't try mana addicts as I caved and crafted him. After creating him my win% increased and he has won me multiple games I would have lost when I didn't draw an auctioneer. I would say if you can craft him I would.
Reply Quote
05/17/2014 06:58 PMPosted by Shadowdemon
tried to replace him with questing adventurer. However I found questing is not a good enough replacement.

Questing is a fine replacement with a slight change in Conceal priority. I've often had mine swinging for 17+ dmg. Edwin can ramp a bit quicker; however, once played, he's static while Questing can keep growing and growing. They both have the same weakness to silence effects, so as long as you're mindful of that either option is completely viable.
Reply Quote
hm the question is isit worth crafting edwin now? i dont want my dust to go waste as rogue is not my main.

my main is shaman deck ( completed, maybe gonna craft a TBK or Cairne )

im currently watching kolento's miracle rogue, is his deck the best? or just becuz of his play style made him his deck stand out?
Reply Quote
hmm, but edwin would be better as in helping your early game? eg: vs zoolocks,

i've beaten down quite hard vs zoos, not lucky enough to topdeck any blade fury/poison weapon combo.=(
Reply Quote
He is nice to have. Had a guy prep, eviscerate me to the face, and lay down a 6/6 vancleef on turn 3. Luckily I had a peacekeeper, but he just shadowstepped him next turn and layed him down again a few turns later.
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 01:51 PMPosted by Velox
He is nice to have. Had a guy prep, eviscerate me to the face, and lay down a 6/6 vancleef on turn 3. Luckily I had a peacekeeper, but he just shadowstepped him next turn and layed him down again a few turns later.

hmm isit worth crafting him to play miracle rogue? ( i main as shaman still )
or better off crafting a harrison jones / the black knight?
Reply Quote
I wouldn't craft him unless you intend on playing rogue for some time. What are you going to do if they nerf miracle? I would craft black knight since he can be used in many other decks.
Reply Quote
I would craft the black knight he is core to many more styles of rogue deck and VanCleef can be replaced. Although I would use him if I had him. Just downed 1000 dust to craft preps and auctioneers for my miracle deck.
Reply Quote
isnt edwin used to increase the damage output?
Reply Quote
Edwin is something they can waste some removal/silence on, and if they don't he can do some damage. He sure benefits your deck, I wouldn't call him essential to the miracle rogue deck though.
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 11:57 AMPosted by CrazyMage
05/17/2014 06:58 PMPosted by Shadowdemon
tried to replace him with questing adventurer. However I found questing is not a good enough replacement.

Questing is a fine replacement with a slight change in Conceal priority. I've often had mine swinging for 17+ dmg. Edwin can ramp a bit quicker; however, once played, he's static while Questing can keep growing and growing. They both have the same weakness to silence effects, so as long as you're mindful of that either option is completely viable.

You are right. I was afraid of using my conceal becausae at the time I was only running 1 and wanted to save it for the GA. I was also new to rogue and using a conceal and then buffing up the QE next turn could turn it into something very strong.
Reply Quote
Edwin isnt a must have, but it just provides u with another potential win condition options. outside of leeroy, gadgetzan or assassin's blade with poisons.

Sometimes ur hand is just terrible, and if u can pull of a huge concealed vancleef, the game can swing very quickly in ur favor.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Vector
Hi, im a Shaman main.

I just started miracle rogue after seeing people playing it. wanna try the fun part of thinking and cracking brain around the combos.

My deck lacks Edwin Van Cleef now, should i craft it?
isit one of the core card? does it make a big difference if he's in there, instead of my current QA.

im trying out kolento's variant. 2 coldlight oracle. without the mukla thou.

He's really not important as many people don't even use him.

It's centered around the auctioneers to draw enough cards to draw into the Leeroy / shadowstep gimmick.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]