Control Warrior, Need help against Rogues.

So, I feel like I've tried just about everything and I'm still losing the vast majority of my games against rogues.

Control warrior has a pretty poor early game, so I can't play aggressive early.

Some people have suggested just trying to build armor so you guys can't burst me down, but this also fails the majority of the time. Any minions I put down are removed quickly, and the rest of the damage goes straight to my face before my armor gets too high.

Tried adding a couple taunts. They were quickly removed or sapped.

I have an ooze, but using it on 1 deadly poison seems like a waste and I'm never sure if assassins blade is coming.

Even tried a coldlight oracle to burn up some cards. Kind of a waste of a card, and too inconsistent.

Late game, using rag, alex, gromm or geddon just seems like a free pass to unleash the leeroy.

As for the stealth auctioneers, brawl is an incredibly bad card for trying to remove them. Just as likely to destroy your own minion and waste 5 mana. Tried Tinkmaster and remembered why that card is so very terrible.

Currently, I feel like when facing a rogue, it's almost insta-loss. Looking for actual useful advice. Telling me to add 12 taunts to my deck or play another class doesn't help me.

All my games are pretty much in the 4-6 lvl range.
Edited by Surgeon on 5/19/2014 5:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I feel that this should be in warrior forum, but whatever.

I play control warrior and you just need to armor up and from that point is is GG for miracle
rogues. Get the armorsmith drop 2(drop 1 if you coin), get the shield block and get the acolyte
to draw and if you can keep your armor high and keep drawing cards with acolyte the game is
already won.

You don't need taunts and you don't need ooze. Just armor up and gg. Toss Cairne turn 6 to
bait out saps(works every time) so that your higher cost legendaries are safe. Get at least one
execute early game and save it for auctioneer. Baron Geddon takes care of lesser health stealth
minions(works great with cleave to make it easier to remove stealth auctioneer).
Reply Quote
Is this a troll thread? You realize that control warrior is one of our worst matchups in the meta?
Reply Quote
05/19/2014 06:57 AMPosted by Cecton
Is this a troll thread? You realize that control warrior is one of our worst matchups in the meta?

I'm not that committed to trolling.

Might add another armorsmith and see if that makes the difference.
Reply Quote
05/19/2014 05:43 AMPosted by Ajduk
I feel that this should be in warrior forum, but whatever.

I play control warrior and you just need to armor up and from that point is is GG for miracle
rogues. Get the armorsmith drop 2(drop 1 if you coin), get the shield block and get the acolyte
to draw and if you can keep your armor high and keep drawing cards with acolyte the game is
already won.

You don't need taunts and you don't need ooze. Just armor up and gg. Toss Cairne turn 6 to
bait out saps(works every time) so that your higher cost legendaries are safe. Get at least one
execute early game and save it for auctioneer. Baron Geddon takes care of lesser health stealth
minions(works great with cleave to make it easier to remove stealth auctioneer).

Tried this several times today, exactly as you explained.

Didn't work once.
Reply Quote
Tried again today . . and failed again. Too much damage coming at my face, and stealthed minions might as well be invincible.

Any other ideas?
Edited by Surgeon on 5/21/2014 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Brawl and pray for Concealed Gadgetzan, or maybe even run a Tinkmaster. If he has Assassins blade with Deadly Poison you could be in deep trouble, but otherwise just kill as many minions as possible, get armour, maybe run Earthen Ring Farseers?

Not much you can do really except pray for Shield Blocks, Armoursmiths etc. Only Hunter has a direct counter to Concealed Gadgetzan in the form of Flare, (yeah Mages got Flamestrike but you play it too late). It's not too bad of a matchup though, but Miracle Rogue is pretty much the top deck atm in terms of what the Pros are playing in ladder.
Edited by Raptarius on 5/21/2014 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]