New rogue card: counters zoo hard

Tempo rogue is already a soft counter for zoo. The new card is likely to make it a hard counter when used with minions like SI:7 Agents.

This new card is borderline OP, since people are already running King Mukla in tempo rogue because it is so hard to deal with (what do 2 +1/+1 bananas do if there's nothing on your board?) Likewise, what is returning a minion to your hand going to do when it can easily be a strong battlecry minion?

Hearing that people are writing the card off is absolutely shocking to me. This card is so good. It's yeti killer, and its battlecry can actually be useful.

I mean, you're going to want to kill a minion before you kill this minion many times. Sending many cards back is terrible for the rogue's opponent, even if the minion is just one that is about to die.
Reply Quote
my problem isn't with zoo though, how is this helpful with the mage match up? I love the synergy and cost of the card, it's good for sure, but my weakest matchups are mage. this thing survives flamestrike which is nice, but odds are the rest of my field just got wiped and there isn't anything to bounce
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Sorreah
my problem isn't with zoo though, how is this helpful with the mage match up? I love the synergy and cost of the card, it's good for sure, but my weakest matchups are mage. this thing survives flamestrike which is nice, but odds are the rest of my field just got wiped and there isn't anything to bounce

The fact that this survives flamestrike and its negative battlecry doesn't affect the board aftewards makes it highly valuable.
Reply Quote
YES I SUMMON MY SPIDER!... Oh wait he removed it... And my turn 3 play in one turn...

This card is garbage. It's a yeti, that if your opponent can remove will remove a second card from your board. It is by far the worse class card released so far.

The BEST case of this card, is to say, attack with your SI:7 to the face, trade the spider, bounce the SI:7 (B/c you get lucky on RNG) have enough mana to REPLAY the SI:7 and then clear some thing else with the battle cry.

But even then, wouldn't developing a third card to the board be better 9 times outa 10?...
Edited by Christonya2 on 5/15/2014 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 06:02 PMPosted by Christonya2
YES I SUMMON MY SPIDER!... Oh wait he removed it... And my turn 3 play in one turn...

This card is garbage. It's a yeti, that if your opponent can remove will remove a second card from your board. It is by far the worse class card released so far.

The BEST case of this card, is to say, attack with your SI:7 to the face, trade the spider, bounce the SI:7 (B/c you get lucky on RNG) have enough mana to REPLAY the SI:7 and then clear some thing else with the battle cry.

But even then, wouldn't developing a third card to the board be better 9 times outa 10?...

No, because rogues are not board dependent. They focus on removal, maintaining tempo, and using that advantage to close the gap for the win.

Really though, the thing that is so great about this is that it kills yetis and druids of the claw when used with hero power.

Anyone who thinks that this card is bad is a bad player.

Also, 65-85% of the time you'll either have something useful or nothing at all. This card is the druid of the claw killer, and it can two shot Cairne, and it's a 4 cost minion.
Edited by AlexL on 5/15/2014 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why don't you wait and see what card the Locks are getting?

Hint: It's probably going to do unimaginable things to your deck-slot, if you catch my drift.
Reply Quote
Turn 4: Anu'bar
Turn 5: Auctioner. Draw through deck -> suicide Anu'bar -> Have auctioner next turn.
Reply Quote
The card is just ok, good stat but terrible deathrattle. The thing is that rogue is like one of the rare class who can use that deathrattle, with SI-7. But the stars rarely align, and if you dont have it turn 4, then it will be your tazdingo or any other card that you need on board that going to be removed. Shaman and mage will love this card: one lava burst, or fire elemental+ lightning bolt; fireball for mage and they remobe two cards from the board that's a huge tempo gain.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 05:25 AMPosted by Kultissim
The card is just ok, good stat but terrible deathrattle. The thing is that rogue is like one of the rare class who can use that deathrattle, with SI-7. But the stars rarely align, and if you dont have it turn 4, then it will be your tazdingo or any other card that you need on board that going to be removed. Shaman and mage will love this card: one lava burst, or fire elemental+ lightning bolt; fireball for mage and they remobe two cards from the board that's a huge tempo gain.

Who would build a deck with this and a Tazdingo? Rogues play fewer minions, so you'd build your deck around this card and would use it to synergize with strong battlecries so that its drawback is a situational benefit.

And think, people will "play around" you putting your SI:7 back into your hand. But really, this just turns your SI:7 into a taunt. Then, you can earth ring heal it after it kills something and play some removal with that. Then, they'll be forced to kill your Farseer, or you'll just use it again.

They're going to have to play around it if you use it like that, so it really does eliminate the drawbacks. Don't forget, this comes down on turn 4, not turn 5 or 6. It kills a yeti and lives.
Reply Quote
If you think that the deathrattle is good, then your delusional. Because it's bad, rogue can just reduce how bad it is. It's make me smile a bit because I know you'll be all back here to complain about it when you realize how that that card makes you lose matches
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]