once someone can explain to me how miracle rogue is interactive

ill agree that they're balanced.

but until then, ill stick with "they're too safe and consistent for a deck that's supposed to be miraculous to win with"
Reply Quote
Hunters kill rogue pretty easily, deady shot/snipe auctioneer, explosive/freezing/snipe leeroy, owl vancleef, and to the face with all your other beast. But everyone complained about hunters op so nerf and miracle rogues run wild.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 09:51 PMPosted by Veigne
Hunters kill rogue pretty easily, deady shot/snipe auctioneer, explosive/freezing/snipe leeroy, owl vancleef, and to the face with all your other beast. But everyone complained about hunters op so nerf and miracle rogues run wild.

Except for the whole fact that Miracle Rogues are Hunters worst match-up. Hence why 11 of the top 16 players in NA for Season 1 were Miracle Rogues. You don't even have a clue.
Reply Quote

Miracle was the answer to the hunter meta at the time (before the nerf). So yeah... clueless.
Edited by Protekt1 on 5/15/2014 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 09:49 PMPosted by Viss
1)Use AOE.
2)Kill Concealed Auctioneer,
3)Win
4) ???
5) Profit.

~ Signed,
Mid-range Rogue

might be easy to answer the gadget with aoe as a rogue since your removal is part of the problem, but thats not the case for 6 of the other classes
Edited by Aersoth12 on 5/15/2014 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 09:53 PMPosted by Bosskiller

Except for the whole fact that Miracle Rogues are Hunters worst match-up. Hence why 11 of the top 16 players in NA for Season 1 were Miracle Rogues. You don't even have a clue.

They are midrange hunters worst matchup a rush hunter can stomp them (and I think secret hunter wins as well but no one plays that anymore).
Reply Quote
Shaman counters it and Handlock pretty easily, which are both dominating the current meta. I love killing a stealthed Auctioneer with Thunderstorm, and watching my opponent concede right after.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 10:02 PMPosted by Muto
Shaman counters it and Handlock pretty easily, which are both dominating the current meta. I love killing a stealthed Auctioneer with Thunderstorm, and watching my opponent concede right after.

i feel like you're exaggerating the probability of that combo just a little bit, esp since i main shaman at rank 5
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 10:06 PMPosted by Aersoth12
05/15/2014 10:02 PMPosted by Muto

i feel like you're exaggerating the probability of that combo just a little bit, esp since i main shaman at rank 5

Nope. Mulligan for Thunderstorm, and then after that you have a 1/10 chance of pulling an Azure Drake or Thalnos, and a 1/4 chance of getting a Storm totem.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 10:16 PMPosted by Muto

Nope. Mulligan for Thunderstorm, and then after that you have a 1/10 chance of pulling an Azure Drake or Thalnos, and a 1/4 chance of getting a Storm totem.

so what you're saying is that you either wait till turn 8 when you'll most likely have guaranteed spell damage (even then you're relying on rng with lightning storm), or you roll the dice on turn 5~ with hero power?

what i just read is "yeah so rely on rng and topdeck and even if it works in your favor you're only slightly at advantage cause if he played gadgetzan he already got massive card draw with it"

thats kinda the issue
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 10:16 PMPosted by Muto

If it helps, looking for Thunderstorm + AzureORThalnos is about as difficult as UTH and buzzardORWolf, except you have about 7 turns instead of 4-5 to find it and have more potential options for card cycling beforehand than a typical beast deck.

Given that the totem pull chance happens independent of that and might be moot if you get both Azure and thalnos or both thunderstorms and even if you can't get 2 of any of that you still have a 50/50 shot to hit 4 damage, it's a pretty good chance overall at killing the auctioneer.
Reply Quote
I agree 100%. I can't get too salty about being owned by a Priest uberbeast because I know from personal experience he lost a lot of games before this one, but the OTK happens pretty much every time I play against a rogue because it's so easy for them to cycle through their whole deck.
Reply Quote
It's not interactive. /thread

Conceal is like, 1/5th of the problem.

The other 4/5ths are the half-dozen cards they got when they dropped him, before their turn ended via their 0 mana spells + preparation for more expensive spells + some spells with card draw on top of it (shiv, fan of blades).

You basically need a snipe to keep them from going HAM with spells the moment they drop.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 09:49 PMPosted by Viss
2)Kill Concealed Auctioneer,

Kills auctioneer turn 7
Kills auctioneer turn 8
Plans to heal turn 9 because 14 hp is a bit low to be safe but feeling pretty happy because the rogue is down to 5 cards
Leeroy, shadow step leeroy+3 pt poisoned weapon. /sigh.

But miracles rogue is not that horrible a match up for me. But its not just a matter of killing the auctioneers and I win.
Reply Quote
They're called Miracle Rouge due to being similar to an old kind of MtG deck that was built around the card Miracle. Not because they're miraculous to play, the name has nothing to do with consitency.
Reply Quote
They are called miracle because its a miracle if you survive past turn 8.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 10:23 PMPosted by Aersoth12
so what you're saying is that you either wait till turn 8 when you'll most likely have guaranteed spell damage (even then you're relying on rng with lightning storm), or you roll the dice on turn 5~ with hero power?

What? I can't believe you actually play Shaman, and at that rank.

I can't think of a single time where I haven't used Lightning Storm with at least one Spell Damage. It's so easy to pull off, and you generally don't use the spell unless you have the SPD.
Reply Quote
I've been watching a decent miracle player for a few weeks now and the key to the deck is Auctioneer. Sure, prep keeps the combo rolling to ridiculous lengths, but auctioneer is the back bone of this play style. If they don't get it out there and keep it out there by turn 5, then they are pretty much left scrambling and burning combo pieces for genuine removal or to try to draw.

I've actually thought about this and figured that six words could help most of this problem. "This minion can not be stealthed."

It is a tough opponent, no matter what, and you have to be careful not to fall into the trap. Save a late game taunt for Leeroy, etc.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 09:53 PMPosted by Bosskiller

Maybe he was talking about face hunter? Miracle was very popular a few seasons ago, but when face hunter started dominating they all disappeared because it's like a 20/80 matchup for them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]