Stop Complaining! How to slap a Miracle Rogue

Seen so many complaints and posts mainly from players complaining that Hunters are countered the most by Miracle Rogues. If you are one of these people then you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about

I main a Hunter currently sitting at rank 12 and I beat Miracle Rogues 90% of the time and here's how:

1/ In your starting hand you want atleast 1 flare, 2 is even better. Everything else should be minions you can play early with atleast 2 health so they can't gain board control over you using hero power. Crocolisks are perfect for this. They still have some very good tools to gain board control over you however eviscerate being the one that stands out the most, this is just something you have to deal with, play no more than 2-3 minions at a time, always have something you can put out after he wipes the board

2/ If you haven't drawn a flare by the time he puts out his gadgetzan auctioneer, then you're unlucky but I don't recall a time I have been unlucky enough normally I have both by this stage. Miracles rogues use 2 auctioneers and 2 conceals in they're decks and always play these cards together. When the auctioneer is concealed you want to flare it on your turn and take it out. Best way to do this would be kill command, boar and hunters mark, deadly shot but by this stage you should have some form of removal

If you follow this you will find it possible to maintain advantage over your opponent providing you've built you're deck right and that I am not going to tell you how to do. I don't even consider Miracle Rogue one of my tougher matchups nevermind a counter. Control Shamans and Mages present far bigger problems and more frequently Warrior's with a zillion legendaries and gorehowl not even sure if there's a name for it
Edited by AppyB on 5/16/2014 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
TL;DR
If you want to beat miracle rogue, play hunter.

Both kinds work. Rush just rushes them down before they even combo and midrange kills their draw engine thanks to flare.
Reply Quote
I made my own deck, to anyone who copies and plays a well known deck and then complains they're being slapped by Miracle Rogues I have absolutely 0 sympathy. I will say however rushing is not something I like to do. Building a balanced deck that has plenty removal tools that best maintains strong board control over you're opponents is more my playstyle
Edited by AppyB on 5/16/2014 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 09:39 AMPosted by SlayerMordi
TL;DR
If you want to beat miracle rogue, play hunter.

Both kinds work. Rush just rushes them down before they even combo and midrange kills their draw engine thanks to flare.

I've played Mid-range rogue the last 2 seasons extensively, and I consistently beat Miracle rogues.

4+ damage AOE is not difficult to get with Blade Flurry, and it completely ruins their Auctioneer combo.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 09:17 AMPosted by AppyB
I main a Hunter currently sitting at rank 12 and I beat Miracle Rogues 90% of the time and here's how:

Near useless information. Miracle Rogue is so strong that you would have to be TERRIBLE to be at Rank 12 playing it this season. You are only beating up on the absolute worst Miracle Rogue players in Hearthstone.

So while the right aggro hunter deck can fare well against Miracle Rogue, your statistics are completely useless.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 10:44 AMPosted by QQueenBee
05/16/2014 09:17 AMPosted by AppyB

Near useless information. Miracle Rogue is so strong that you would have to be TERRIBLE to be at Rank 12 playing it this season. You are only beating up on the absolute worst Miracle Rogue players in Hearthstone.

So while the right aggro hunter deck can fare well against Miracle Rogue, your statistics are completely useless.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
and here come the trolls :) thanks for your feedback. If this is so is it just coincidence I beat 90% of Miracle Rogues I come up against. I'm not stating that I'm pro by any means, once I learn to play my deck better against all classes then my rank will increase but if you think that the advice I have gave doesn't shut down a Miracle Rogue then you need to go troll somewhere else :)
Reply Quote
Oh and by the way I beat legendary players frequently at the start of the season after reset, could tell they we're legendary because of the card back. If you want to smack talk me it's probably because you're bad anyway so feel free to add me and play sometime
Reply Quote
Well there's a reason why Hunter and Miracle Rogue are the decks people are playing in top ranks..
Reply Quote
And I will add probably the only reason I'm rank 12 is because unlike a lot of scrubs I choose to play my own decks that are fun and spontaneous and by no means the best for getting to top level. If I wanted to do that I would do what everyone else does and make the same boring decks and watch legendary players streaming to learn how to play them. I'm not a scrub I make my own decks and learn for myself. To be at my rank is something I have earned myself and proud to have done considering I only play 2-3 games every few days so jog on troll :)
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 11:23 AMPosted by AppyB
And I will add probably the only reason I'm rank 12 is because unlike a lot of scrubs I choose to play my own decks that are fun and spontaneous and by no means the best for getting to top level.
Then what do you want to say with this thread? Yes, it's probably possible to make a deck that counters miracle and cannot get to top level. That doesn't solve the issue?
Even then I'm not convinced there are even many miracle rogues at that level, they should have ranked up.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 12:24 PMPosted by Yagami
05/16/2014 11:23 AMPosted by AppyB
And I will add probably the only reason I'm rank 12 is because unlike a lot of scrubs I choose to play my own decks that are fun and spontaneous and by no means the best for getting to top level.
Then what do you want to say with this thread? Yes, it's probably possible to make a deck that counters miracle and cannot get to top level. That doesn't solve the issue?
Even then I'm not convinced there are even many miracle rogues at that level, they should have ranked up.

fine. solution time. I will solve ALL the broken classes now, not just the miracle rogue, no nerfs needed. Reallocate the legendaires to classes that they might support, but not break. one dragon per class. (I.e. leeroy becomes a warrior, bam, back stab leroy is gone.) reallocate some of the neutrals to classes. Now, take the broken or very good support neutrals, and make them arena draft exclusive. make constructed solely class cards. New player? too bad, what really matters is to stream line this game and gimp everything as much as possible so we all walk away from it in the end.
Reply Quote
No offense to you dude, but if you are so sure of yourself that you can do better then prove it instead of thrash talking. It is no great secret that majority of the people are thrash talking. Especially the line of "I can easily get ..., but I am simply not putting my effort in it" sentences similar to those are cliched as hell. No one is impressed by thrash talk to inflate your own ego. If you believe so badly that your hunter deck is so good then prove it by deed instead of words.

Also, winning a few times from Legendary players means nothing. Afterall, a great deal of this game is by RNG. The best player in the world can even lose to the worst player in a card game by pure luck. Your current rank is not nearly unbiased enough to make any statements.
Edited by Calculus on 5/16/2014 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 11:15 AMPosted by AppyB
and here come the trolls :) thanks for your feedback. If this is so is it just coincidence I beat 90% of Miracle Rogues I come up against. I'm not stating that I'm pro by any means, once I learn to play my deck better against all classes then my rank will increase but if you think that the advice I have gave doesn't shut down a Miracle Rogue then you need to go troll somewhere else :)

No, it's not a coincidence at all, players at rank 12 are simply terrible, it has nothing to do with Miracle Rogue whatsoever. Yes, your insight is still somewhat correct, though you really don't need to Flare before Deadly Shot as Deadly Shot on its own bypasses stealth, just make sure Auctioneer is the only minion on the Rogue's side of the board. However your statistics are obviously exaggerated and simply irrelevant. The higher the rank you play in the better players you meet, even if playing the exact same decks. So basically you're not going to win 90% against Miracle Rogue in ranks 1-5 as opposed to 12, even with the exact same deck and exact same strategy.
Reply Quote
You play a Hunter OP? You are invalid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]