How important is Leeroy for Tempo Rogue?

Hi,

I recently have tried Tempo Rogue as a secondary deck to play on ranked when I get tired with my Shaman for a bit. I have pretty much every rogue/neutral common and rare for Tempo, though no epics or legendaries. I am considering crafting Thalnos since he fits in many decks. However, I notice from watching videos and reading articles that Leeroy is a popular choice for a finisher. Since I do feel that I often have to race control before their big minions come out, I can see why that's important. So how important is Leeroy? Do I need a replacement for him? Should I save all my dust to try to craft him?
Reply Quote
Leeroy can easily be switched out in tempo rogue and is not even necessary. This is the standard tempo rogue deck and it doesn't run Leeroy:

http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2014/04/25/deck-of-the-week-10-tempo-rogue/

If you main shaman you could craft Bloodmage but I would say the black knight is more impact full if you don't have him.
Reply Quote
Wow- that link was really helpful! I was using a similar deck and really liked how they actually explained the deck instead of just having a decklist. I'm probably going with Bloodmage since Shaman, and also because I find any card draw with tempo seems to be vital, especially if I don't draw Sprint. I currently use Assasinate instead of TBK, I understand that having an extra 4/5 is a massive advantage, but I also think that being able to destroy big non-taunts is also important.

Thanks a lot for the link!
Reply Quote
No problem. Here is another really good link. I traded Harrison jones for ragnaros and a blood knight for Edwin vancleef in this deck.

http://ihearthu.com/deck-building-in-depth-tempo-rogue/
Edited by Cecton on 5/17/2014 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting read. I find that I struggle a lot with tempo against control decks, when I'm supposed to be the aggressor. I feel like I almost always try to deal with the enemy's board before going for face, and while that might work with a deck like shaman midrange which has answers for everything, with tempo I really can't deal with huge minions efficently. Are there ways to know when to start trying to rush down, or does it just come with experience?
Reply Quote
Control warrior is about the hardest matchup because of their removal and armor gaining. But every deck has good and bad matchups. I usually go defensive through turn 4 to get board control and then put it into high gear after. I have Cairne and Ragnaros in the current deck I am using because I felt that I couldn't kill them fast enough like a face rush deck and I had no end game either. I have been facing more midrange/control decks on the ladder in general though lately. I main paladin but am devoting time to get Rogue to level 60 (Golden Tazdingo!) and it's a huge mental shift playing rogue. You have to play your cards more wisely and can expect to take more damage in general. As Paladin I usually win with most of my health after heals and with Rogue only a couple of hp left. A lot of times my opponent thinks they have me on the ropes until I burst out 20 damage out of nowhere. I also have been using dark iron dwarves instead of yetis to good success. I also run Senjin Shieldmasta instead of defender of argus because I found that he was a dead card a lot of times.
Reply Quote
For the record I just beat a control warrior on my last ranked game using the first deck build without Leeroy.
Reply Quote
imo its very, very important. If you have one legendary I would chose leeroy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]