Armani or Sun Cleric?

I play a Control Mage that doesn't instantly die to aggro. The decklist is like so:

2x Mana Wyrm
Arcane Missiles
2x Frostbolt
2x Loot Hoarder
2x Sorcerer's Apprentice
2x Harvest Golem
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Senjin Shieldmasta'
2x Water Elemental
2x Azure Drake
Faceless Manipulator
2x Boulderfist Ogre
2x Flamestrike
2x Stormwind Champion

So, I saw 3 options to change my deck: 1. Keep as is 2. Replace the Shattered Sun CLerics with Armani Berserkers 3. Replace the loot hoarders with armani berserkers, replace the shattered sun clerics with Acolytes of Pain.

What's my best option?
Reply Quote
Seems pretty good as is. If you want stronger anti-aggro then consider losing one Flamestrike for an Arcane Explosion (two Flamestrikes is really too much imo). To further help stem early aggro you might want some cheap spellpower (Thalnos or Kobolds) to beef up you Arcane Missiles and Arcane Explosion. Alternatively Pyromancers are good as an AoE generator, but you'd need more early game spells then too, I honestly don't know why you'd skip Frostbolts (as an example of early spells), such good cards.

EDIT: Replacing one Bolderfist with a Sunwalker or Abomination is another good anti-aggro budget option. Defender of Argus (one only probably) could work well in your deck type too.
Edited by MayhemInc on 5/18/2014 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd recommend Trump's f2p mage deck anytime.
Reply Quote
amani is one of the best control mage cards

its certainly the best 2 drop.
Reply Quote
05/18/2014 09:22 PMPosted by MayhemInc
Seems pretty good as is. If you want stronger anti-aggro then consider losing one Flamestrike for an Arcane Explosion (two Flamestrikes is really too much imo). To further help stem early aggro you might want some cheap spellpower (Thalnos or Kobolds) to beef up you Arcane Missiles and Arcane Explosion. Alternatively Pyromancers are good as an AoE generator, but you'd need more early game spells then too, I honestly don't know why you'd skip Frostbolts (as an example of early spells), such good cards.

EDIT: Replacing one Bolderfist with a Sunwalker or Abomination is another good anti-aggro budget option. Defender of Argus (one only probably) could work well in your deck type too.

Thank you for the advice! I'll probably replace a boulderfist with a sunwalker, and the clerics with armani berserkers. I plan to put in rag for a stormwind, cairne for an ogre and bloodmage for a loot hoarder once I get them. (I already have frostbolts too, but you're right, they are great cards :) )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]