Miracle rogue gimmick

The problem with this is that it is extremely gimmicky in that it relies 100% on the Gadgetzan Auctioneer... It seems too powerful if the auctioneer is drawn and the player can cycle an extra 15 card by turn 8-9. But if both auctioneers just happen to be in the bottom 10 cards of the deck, it fails MISERABLY. Although it is satisfying to see a floundering rogue with only 2 cards left spend his Leeroy to kill your Druid of the Claw....

My opinion would be to make Gadgetzaan only draw cards for spells that cost at least 1 mana. But the problem is this will totally kill the Mircale Rogue deck... I just that decks that rely on only a single card or two to be drawn (like buzzard + UTH) in order to be at all competitive are just stupid ideas. When they work, they're "too good", and when they fail they're "too bad".
Reply Quote
You just pointed out why (in my opinion, at least) why Miracle Rogue won't be nerfed: its reliance on Gadgetzan. If the Rogue doesn't draw it, there's no way they can cycle through their entire deck and get the combo pieces they need. Sure, Fan of Knives, Shiv, and the occasional Loot Hoarder can help them get the cards they need, but, as you said, if Leeroy and/or their Gadgetzans are at the bottom of their deck, the Miracle user is finished.

As far as nerfing Gadgetzan, I say no. It's a neutral card, and any nerf to it would ruin any other spell using classes that uses Gadgetzan as card draw. Making a card (almost) completely useless is not good balance (see Tinkmaster).
Edited by killakhan7 on 5/20/2014 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
they should just close down this abomination of the gmae
Reply Quote
05/20/2014 11:51 AMPosted by killakhan7
As far as nerfing Gadgetzan, I say no. It's a neutral card, and any nerf to it would ruin any other spell using classes that uses Gadgetzan as card draw. Making a card (almost) completely useless is not good balance (see Tinkmaster).

It doesn't make the card completely useless, as there really aren't many zero mana cost spells, except for rogue (especially in combination with preparation).
Reply Quote
They should make the Auctioneer deal 1000 damage to the casting per spell cast and then we can all complain about how the next FOTM is OP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]