Noble Sacrifice idea to combat OHK combos

Secret: When an enemy with 5+ Attack attacks, summon a 2/1 Defender as the new target.

As well as making it a noble sacrifice worthy of the name, this would add something the meta sorely needs: a counter to OHK shenanigans. It would now be possible to play around Noble Sacrifice completely by using small and medium creatures, or play through it with bruisers that can soak the 2 damage, but all-or-nothing combos that rely on killing the opponent in one hit (Shadowstep Leeroy, Power Overwhelming) would now require a lead-in with something like an ogre or Assassin's Blade + Poison instead of coming out of nowhere and nuking the opponent from 25 health straight to 0.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Don't nerf the only decent Paladin secret.
Reply Quote
05/26/2014 03:20 AMPosted by EonDrache

Decent...?
Reply Quote
05/26/2014 09:37 AMPosted by Homicidal
05/26/2014 03:20 AMPosted by EonDrache

Decent...?

Yes, Noble Sacrifice is decent. One of the very few tools paladins get vs rush decks and an ok stop to bigger threats.
Reply Quote
Decent...?

Noble Sacrifice is a non-silenceable, non-removal taunt.

The only problem with it is that it's so much better than the other pally secrets that 9 times out of 10 a pally secret is played, it's noble sacrifice. That makes it predictable and not too hard to play around. But despite it's predictability, it's still extremely useful.
Reply Quote
My intent was not to nerf Noble Sacrifice, it was to keep it useful. It would be easier to avoid triggering entirely, but harder to bait out, and in exchange it would be a hard counter for Leeroy Shenanigans decks.
Reply Quote
05/27/2014 08:56 PMPosted by ForPortal
My intent was not to nerf Noble Sacrifice, it was to keep it useful. It would be easier to avoid triggering entirely, but harder to bait out, and in exchange it would be a hard counter for Leeroy Shenanigans decks.

Why not just make it attacks greater then 1 damage? I mean, it summons a 2/1 minion and considering the flavor if the card he was meant to be horribly overkilled everytime...

Also ruined rogue's 1/2 weapon bollocks,unless buffed
Edited by Rpground on 5/28/2014 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How about if it only triggered when 2 health minions attacked or if the attack is greater than 5 or if said attack would be lethal or if the attack would kill a 4 cost minion unless said minion has deathrattle?
Perhaps the noble sacrifice minion could also be changed to a 5/12 taunt with divine shield and cannot be targeted by enemy spells and have the minion renamed to divine impenetrable guardian angel? I think if it did all of these it would greatly improve noble sacrifice.
Would also be good if you could have 30 of them in your deck, but that might be a bit overpowered.
Reply Quote
Decent...?

The only problem with it is that it's so much better than the other pally secrets that 9 times out of 10 a pally secret is played, it's noble sacrifice. That makes it predictable and not too hard to play around. But despite it's predictability, it's still extremely useful.

This nails it.

This is one secrets that needs no change; the other secrets do though, to fix the problem with this one (predictability).
Reply Quote
Only reason it's in my deck is to kill 3/2's and protect my Auctioneer
Reply Quote
Make Getdown exclude hero attacks.
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 12:02 AMPosted by Rpground
05/27/2014 08:56 PMPosted by ForPortal

Why not just make it attacks greater then 1 damage?

Because we already have ways to block 2 damage attacks. Blocking Leeroy shenanigans, on the other hand, is much more difficult.
Edited by ForPortal on 6/1/2014 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/27/2014 02:35 PMPosted by Geryth
Decent...?

Noble Sacrifice is a non-silenceable, non-removal taunt.

Flare
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]