Custom Warlock Cards

*I'm not a native english speaker, so please, sorry if I miss something in the translate*
*Every card is subject to modifications*
Hi everyone! I'm a Chilean TCG player for about 14 years and a Warlock player in WoW and Hearthstone. I really love this class over any other, and I like to create some custom stuff like cards and new game mechanics to make them more interesting.
I'm not putting almost any rarity on the cards yet, I will let that to discuss.
This is only for-fun, and any comment will be taked and tested. You can comment with your cards, but beware of not breaking the game!
The order of posting values is like this:

Type of Card/ Cost/ Attack/ HP (or Durability if it's a weapon)
Effect
Flavor Text

Cards with a * before the name are being checked for further modifications.

• Mechanics
  • -
    Fear - Feared creatures can't be targeted untill the end of the current turn (works like Stealth ). If this effect is triggered in the opponent's turn, the feared creature can't be targeted untill the next end turn of the one who triggered the fear.

Shredder - If a card requires you to discard at least one card of your hand and you don't have any to pay that cost, you lose 2 Life Points.

Bloodthirst - This minion can only attack minions.

Backlash - If you play this card with no other cards in your hand, it trigger the effect.

• Minions
  • (NOTE: All of them are Demon race)

Shivarra
    Minion/ 6/ 6/ 5
    Shredder. Battelcry: Both players discard a random card.
    They are the driving heart of the Burning Crusade, but they don't understand why Warlocks prefer Succubus as they companions.

Eye of Kilrogg
    Minion/ 2/ 0/ 2
    Stealth. Shredder. Battlecry: Choose a random card from your opponent’s hand and discard it. Then, choose one card of the same type from your hand and discard it.
    “All fun and games” said Kilrogg once…
    Alternate text: Christopher Brookmyre isn’t Kilrogg’s favourite author.

Felsteed
    Minion/ 5/ 4/ 5
    Charge. Bloodthirst. Every time this card receives damage, it deals 1 damage to your hero.
    Felsteed’s can run on the water and leave a trial of fire on their path. They also cook waffles.

Archimonde the Defiler
    Rarity: Legendary
    Minion/ 9/ 7/ 7
    Your other demons gain +3/-1
    If you want to talk with Archimonde, NEVER wisp him. Trust me.

Felhound
    Minion/ 3/ 3/ 3
    Opponent's spell power is -1.
    They love to eat magic, but beware with your friendship

• Spells
  • -
    Soul Swap
    Spell/ 3
    Destroy a friendly Demon. Gain 2 Mana Crystals this turn. Destroy one of your opponent's Mana Crystal.
    Warlocks have a tainted, corrupted and tortured soul. It’ll be a waste don’t to share it.

Soul Link
    Spell/ 3 mana and 2 Life Points
    Choose one friendly demon with 3 or more HP. Redirect all of the damage you receive to the target demon, doubled.
    Feels like being married to a demon… or just married.

* Sacrificial Pact
    Spell/ 2
    Deal 2 damage to a target Demon. Gain 3 armor.
    Warlocks and they demons have a really deadly, loyal and strong bond. Sometimes, they call it James.

Soulstone
    Spell/ 5
    Choose a friendly minion. When it is destroyed, put it back on the field, silence it and deal 2 damage to it.
    Ineffective with lawyers and bankers

Healthstone
    Spell/ 3
    Heal 5 to a friendly character.
    One of the most famous “lemons" was called John

* Chaos Bolt
    Spell/ 6
    Deal 8 damage. Destroy 2 of your Mana Crystals.
    A giant, green, dragon-faced log made of concentrated QQ. Applies a debuff that makes the affected go to the WoW official forums and cry for a nerf
    (Text from: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116858/chaos-bolt#comments)

Howl of Terror
    Spell/ 5
    Fear a minion and the minions next to it.
    You can hear one of these if there’s a Warlock singing on the shower

Dark Intent
    Spell/ 4
    Deal 2 damage to a friendly demon. Your next harmfull spell cost (2) less and deal 2 more Damage.

• Secrets
  • -
    Twilight Shield
    Secret/ 3
    When your hero is targeted with a harmful spell, gain 5 armor.
    Warlocks don't fear light, darkness or elements, but dentists... that's another story

• Weapons
  • -
    Nathrezim Mindblade
    Weapon/ 4/ 1/ 3
    Spell Damage +1. When you play a Spell, loses 1 Durability.

Edit: May 26
    > Shivarra, +1 HP
    > Archimonde the Defiler: +2 Cost/ +2 HP/ Now the effect buffs only to the other friendly minions
    > Felhound: -1 Cost/ Now it only give -1 Spell Power to the opponent

Edit: June 30
    > Soul Link: Cost lowered from 3 to 2
    > How of Terror: Changed from "[/b]Fear[/b] an enemy minion and the one adjacent to his left" to "[/b]Fear[/b] a minion and the minions next to it
    > Eye of Killrogg: Mana changed from 3 to 2.
    Edited by MrTroz on 6/30/2014 3:50 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    What exactly is this?
    Reply Quote
    My own Warlock custom cards,just for fun
    Reply Quote
    MrTroz, I've seen this post before and I was about to comment, but I was like, "ehh... save it for another day" because it was going to be long. This was what I had to say.

About your mechanics. Shredder, Bloodthirst, and Backlash are very interesting ideas, but are problematic... in a certain way.

Fear - I really don't understand this one. Can you give an example on how this works?

Shredder - Let's take a look at Rogue card Sap. If you opponent has 10 cards in hand, Sap will destroy the minion instead. Of course, you don't find this description in Sap. My point is, should Shredder be an "in-game" mechanic when there is no card to discard? Similar to Sap when destroying a minion when at 10 cards? Perhaps not, but here is another problem. There are other variations. We can also have, not only dealing 2 damage to hero, but also like giving the opponent hero +2 Armor. For example, when there is no card to discard, give your opponent hero +2 Armor. This means that "Shredder" should have its full description out because there are other variations. We can then say, "When there is no card to discard, give your oppenent hero +2 Armor" instead of, "Shredder, but instead of dealing 2 damage to hero, give your oppenent hero +2 Armor".

Bloodthirst - Same thing with Shredder, it has other variations. You can have minions attack only to heroes, or other minions types like Murloc, Demons etc. This would be interesting, but Bloodthirst should have its description out like Shredder.

Backlash - The most interesting out of the two. You can also have minions being triggered when your opponent has 10 cards in hand, or you have a certain amount of cards in your hand. Backlash has other variants, so the description should be out like Bloodthirst and Shredder.

Now the cards...

Shivarra - Since both players discard a card, Shivarra should be at least a 6/6 (no penalty). Maybe it should receive a buff, perhaps even a 7/7. Compare to Coldlight Oracle.

Eye of Kilrogg - the Description of this card I don't quite understand. What do you mean be "same type" and "choose a random card"?. Sounds to me like "both players discard a random card"? and If what you mean by "same type" is Mana Cost, which is an interesting idea, that would mean that the Mana Cost you opponent discards is the same what you have to discard. For example, your opponent discards a 3 Mana Cost card, you also have to discard a random 3 Mana Cost card. But heres the problem, what if you don't have a 3 Mana Cost card?

Felsteed - Comment later.

Archimonde the Defiler - Archimonde himself as a minion?! Why would Archimonde bow down to the measly Warlock? Archimonde should be at least a 20 Mana Cost card, err I mean 10. As you can see I was jk lol. Compare to Lord Jaraxxus, which is 10.

Felhound - I had a similar idea. I think I want to play this minion earlier for its effect. My idea was a 2 Mana 2/2 Felstalker that gives opponent hero Spell Damage -1, Similar to Geomancer.

Spells ill get into later

Nathrezim Mindblade - This one is interesting. I also had a similar idea, but it requires to destroy a friendly Demon, then equip a weapon, costing 0 Mana with Spell Damage +1. Mine version you get to play very early, since a Warlock the motive is to play strong minions or cards early in the game, and to deal lots of damage.

Your cards Shivarra, Felhound, and Nathrezim Mindblade, with a bit of a tweek, are interesting and I would consider putting them in my Demon Deck. These cards I can see a good combo with my other Demon cards.

Too much to type, ill save the other half for another time. Spells and Felsteed comes next.
    Edited by FunkyPants on 5/25/2014 12:06 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I liked them very much!

Im from Chile too my friend... so keep it up!
    Reply Quote
    Well, let's go step by step

05/25/2014 11:47 AMPosted by FunkyPants
    Fear - I really don't understand this one. Can you give an example on how this works?

Let's say that you play Howl of Terror on your opponent's minions. They can't be targeted for the rest of this turn, like if they had Stealth.
    Now, let's think that there's a minion or secret that can be triggered on your opponent's turn, example: Minion, 1/1/1. Deathtrattle: Fear the minion that destroyed this minion.
    The minion that destroyed the exampled one is feared untill the Warlock's next end of turn, so it will be feared for the rest of the player's turn, and all of the next Warlock's turn, similar to what happen when you freeze one minion on your turn against a Mage.

Shredder - Let's take a look at Rogue card Sap. If you opponent has 10 cards in hand, Sap will destroy the minion instead. Of course, you don't find this description in Sap. My point is, should Shredder be an "in-game" mechanic when there is no card to discard? Similar to Sap when destroying a minion when at 10 cards? Perhaps not, but here is another problem. There are other variations. We can also have, not only dealing 2 damage to hero, but also like giving the opponent hero +2 Armor. For example, when there is no card to discard, give your opponent hero +2 Armor. This means that "Shredder" should have its full description out because there are other variations. We can then say, "When there is no card to discard, give your oppenent hero +2 Armor" instead of, "Shredder, but instead of dealing 2 damage to hero, give your oppenent hero +2 Armor".

About this, the example with Sap it's because the rules of the game doesn't allow you to have more than 10 cards on your hand, so it's a general rule. The discard mechanic it's exclusive for Warlocks, and no other classes have it, as benefit (discard to your opponent) or punishment (discard your own). Also, the idea of giving to your opponent a benefit isn't proper to Warlocks, because they playstyle is to harm the enemy or itself to win, and if the Warlock doesn't have resourses, it have to sacrify something to get them.

Bloodthirst - Same thing with Shredder, it has other variations. You can have minions attack only to heroes, or other minions types like Murloc, Demons etc. This would be interesting, but Bloodthirst should have its description out like Shredder.

I thought to put the entire description in the cards with Shredder and Bloodthirst, but considering that the cards in HS have short descriptions and they are simple and direct, I pulled out this two names, just to simplify..

Backlash - The most interesting out of the two. You can also have minions being triggered when your opponent has 10 cards in hand, or you have a certain amount of cards in your hand. Backlash has other variants, so the description should be out like Bloodthirst and Shredder.

This one can't be other way, just because there are only 3 cards with the ones you can control the opponent's draw power: Loot Hoarder, Acolyte of Pain and Coldlight Oracle. There's no other way to make the opponent to draw cards against his will, and it's nearly to impossible that any player had the terrible idea to have 10 cards in hand at the end of his turn, but you easly can control your own cards in hand, either discarding or playing them.

Shivarra - Since both players discard a card, Shivarra should be at least a 6/6 (no penalty). Maybe it should receive a buff, perhaps even a 7/7. Compare to Coldlight Oracle.

6/6 is really a BIG throw, even for late game. Maybe buffing them to 6/5 to avoid the 4 damage barrier (that is really standar) and keeping the penalty, just to make her an "advanced" form of Succubus, because, well... that's what she is.

Eye of Kilrogg - the Description of this card I don't quite understand. What do you mean be "same type" and "choose a random card"?. Sounds to me like "both players discard a random card"? and If what you mean by "same type" is Mana Cost, which is an interesting idea, that would mean that the Mana Cost you opponent discards is the same what you have to discard. For example, your opponent discards a 3 Mana Cost card, you also have to discard a random 3 Mana Cost card. But heres the problem, what if you don't have a 3 Mana Cost card?

The effect of this card is readed on this way: You play Eye of Kilrogg, then pick a blind card from your opponent's hand and discard it. If you discard him a Minion, you discard a minion of your own. That's what I meant to say.

Archimonde the Defiler - Archimonde himself as a minion?! Why would Archimonde bow down to the measly Warlock? Archimonde should be at least a 20 Mana Cost card, err I mean 10. As you can see I was jk lol. Compare to Lord Jaraxxus, which is 10.

You're right about the influence of Archimonde, but if you have important characters as Velen, Cenarius and Gelbin Mekkatorque as minions, why not this one?
    Also, the cost/power is a thing, and I'm with you on it. I will modify it, and the effect, so he only buffs other friendly minions.

Felhound - I had a similar idea. I think I want to play this minion earlier for its effect. My idea was a 2 Mana 2/2 Felstalker that gives opponent hero Spell Damage -1, Similar to Geomancer.

The difference with (+) Spell Power is that that's an aggressive measure, and (-) Spell Power is a defensive one, almost like giving all your minions +1 HP, and we both know what happened with that buff. I think about a 3/3/3 that gives (-) 1 Spell Power to the opponent.

Nathrezim Mindblade - This one is interesting. I also had a similar idea, but it requires to destroy a friendly Demon, then equip a weapon, costing 0 Mana with Spell Damage +1. Mine version you get to play very early, since a Warlock the motive is to play strong minions or cards early in the game, and to deal lots of damage.

Nathrezim Mindblade - I also thought about the fact of sacrificing one of your own minions to play this card, but then I asked myself "why?". This is just a weapon, and let's face it, Warlock's don't play many harmfull spells on Early Game.
    ----------

Well, this will fit all, thanks for the feedback!
    Reply Quote
    05/26/2014 01:31 PMPosted by MrTroz
    Let's say that you play Howl of Terror on your opponent's minions. They can't be targeted for the rest of this turn, like if they had Stealth.
    Now, let's think that there's a minion or secret that can be triggered on your opponent's turn, example: Minion, 1/1/1. Deathtrattle: Fear the minion that destroyed this minion.
    The minion that destroyed the exampled one is feared untill the Warlock's next end of turn, so it will be feared for the rest of the player's turn, and all of the next Warlock's turn, similar to what happen when you freeze one minion on your turn against a Mage.

Hmm... kinda confusing how you put it, but I'm starting to get it. So basically How of Terror is, "Give an enemy minion Stealth and the one adjacent to its left until the end of your opponent's turn." right? If that's true, Fear is basically giving an advantage to your opponent. I'm guessing your opponent can buff their Feared minions and can attack with them. So, what is the point in Fear? When should I play Howl of Terror and why?

Also, the idea of giving to your opponent a benefit isn't proper to Warlocks, because they playstyle is to harm the enemy or itself to win, and if the Warlock doesn't have resourses, it have to sacrify something to get them.

So it isn't proper for a Warlock whos playstyle is to harm the enemy or itself to win. But you see, there can be many different playstyles of Warlock. More cards in the game = more varieties to play a Warlock. Perhaps some Warlock players don't want 2 damage to the hero and their playstyle is to harm the enemy or itself to win. We need other variations. How about destroy 1 of your Mana Crystal? If that's too much of a penalty, then, for example, "Discard a card. If there are no cards to discard, then lose a Mana Crystal and give your hero +2 Health."

I thought to put the entire description in the cards with Shredder and Bloodthirst, but considering that the cards in HS have short descriptions and they are simple and direct, I pulled out this two names, just to simplify..

But then what are you going to call, "This minion can only attack heroes"? Leave it as it is, or simplify it and give it a name? You could simplify all variants, but that's too much to remember.

This one can't be other way, just because there are only 3 cards with the ones you can control the opponent's draw power: Loot Hoarder, Acolyte of Pain and Coldlight Oracle.

I think you forgot a couple... CultMaster, Northshire Cleric (You heal to force your opponent to draw), Lorewalker Cho etc.

There's no other way to make the opponent to draw cards against his will, and it's nearly to impossible that any player had the terrible idea to have 10 cards in hand at the end of his turn, but you easly can control your own cards in hand, either discarding or playing them.

Well, you could build a deck around forcing your opponent to draw cards (The Rogue one for example if you haven't seen it,but thats Rogue tho), and sometimes mistakes happen. But, we can add a bunch more cards in the game that forces an opponent to draw cards. I was just giving an example of a variation, maybe not 10, but how about 9? or 8?. Since 9 cards in hand is quite rare, we can do this for example, "Play a 2 Mana cost Neutral minion with 3/2 stats. If your opponent (Handlock) has 9 cards in hand, give your minion +4/+4." Greatly buffed the minion. How about this, "Play a minion, if your opponent has 2 to 4 cards in hand, trigger the effect of that minion." No need to force your opponent to draw a card when This Example is very common to happen.

6/6 is really a BIG throw, even for late game. Maybe buffing them to 6/5 to avoid the 4 damage barrier (that is really standar) and keeping the penalty, just to make her an "advanced" form of Succubus, because, well... that's what she is.

This was how I saw it. 6/6 Shivarra at cost of 6 Mana. You discards a card, which means +2/+1 (Succubus for example), turning Shivarra into 8/7. Your opponent is force to discard a card, your 8/7 Shivarra gets -2/-1, which becomes 6/6 again. The effect cancels itself out.

The effect of this card is readed on this way: You play Eye of Kilrogg, then pick a blind card from your opponent's hand and discard it. If you discard him a Minion, you discard a minion of your own. That's what I meant to say.

I See, so it is basically a "choose a card and discard" mechanic. This is interesting, but then again, what if you don't have a minion? Just sayin. I'm guessing if you luckily pick a Spell from your opponent, then you will have to discard a Spell, but what if you don't have a spell?

I also thought about the fact of sacrificing one of your own minions to play this card, but then I asked myself "why?". This is just a weapon, and let's face it, Warlock's don't play many harmfull spells on Early Game.

I was thinking of a variation to the card Sacrificial Pact. Perhaps, "Destroy a Demon, deal (perhaps 3) damage to the enemy hero." With a weapon, "Destroy a Demon, equip a (perhaps 3/2) weapon." With a weapon, you can potentially deal more damage, which is very "Warlocky" in style. Well, idk, this was my original idea, giving Spell Damage to the weapon was my newer idea.
    Reply Quote
    Heres my other half I was going to respond.

Felsteed - I really don't know about this card, if its useful or not in a Demon Deck. Giving Felsteed Bloodthirst and the other effect would give the Felsteed an upgraded stats, but Charge would decrease the stats by 5, since the mana cost is 5, for example, a 5 Mana cost 5/1 with Charge. A 4/5 stats for Felsteed seems balance, or underpowered, but I idk.

Soul Swap - This one is interesting. With this card, you could summon a strong minion very early. So basically its an Innervate and similarly Wild Growth combined, which would cost at least 2. The fact of destroying a Demon would decrease the cost, maybe 0. So, Soul Swap at cost of 3 Mana seems too costly. Could work well in a Demon Deck.

Soul Link - Another interesting idea. 4 Mana and 2 Health would basically mean a 5 mana cost card. Why not just all friendly demons instead of a friendly demon with 3 or more HP? How about, not just a friendly Demon, but just a minion, any minion? That would be more interesting. This card is similar to giving a minion Taunt. But, the idea of doubling the damage taken, perhaps at the cost of technically 5 Mana seems too costly. This card could also potentially work well in a Demon Deck.

Sacrificial Pact - A Remake? I like the idea, a version of Sacrificial Pact which doesn't kill a Demon, but I think you should change the name. I like the old one too. I think this card should cost 0 Compare to the Old Sacrificial Pact, or perhaps you are suggesting that the old Sacrificial Pact should cost 2?

Soulstone - Too costly. Compare to Shaman's Ancestral Spirit which cost 2. With a penalty of 2 damage, which Arcane Shot deals 2 damage at the cost of 1, Soulstone should cost 1 Mana.

Healthstone - Compare to Druid's Healing Touch. 3 mana Cost card with restore 8 Health. This card should restore 8 Health.

Chaos Bolt - Interesting, but the drawbacks are too high. Destroy 2 Mana Crystal is huge, and for 8 damage alone, I wouldn't play this card. I think it should be 10 damage. There is a reason why seemingly nobody plays Felguard, because of destroy 1 Mana Crystal for a 3 mana Cost Shieldmasta. Felguard is not good at all imo.

Howl of Terror - Why not just, "Fear an enemy minion and adjacent ones"? I really don't know why you would put this at cost of 5, perhaps I still don't understand Fear. If I interpreted Fear correctly, this card should have a negative cost value. The Howl of Terror ability in Warcraft III decreased damage, so perhaps the spell card Howl of Terror should decrease Attack of all enemy minions, parallel to the Ability Howl of Terror in Warcraft III.

Dark Intent - How I see it is that the "deal 2 damage to a friendly Demon" and "deals 2 damage more" cancels each other out, thus leaving, "your next harmfull spell cost 2 less". This means the card should cost at least 2, but since Dark Intent only limits to "harmful spells" then perhaps a cost of 1.

Twilight Shield - Exactly like Mage card Ice Barrier. But why 5 Armor? Twilight Shield should give 8 Armor at the cost of 3 Mana. I think Twilight Shield should restore Health, because of the Hero Power of Warlock.

In conclusion, most of your cards are too costly, and some are quite weak and needs buff. At first glance, your cards Soul Swap and Soul Link looks like good potential cards in a Demon Deck.
    Reply Quote
    I see that you have made a change to some of your minions. Giving Archimonde 9 Mana Cost? That's like saying Lord Jaraxxus is more powerful than Archimonde, which I don't think it's true. Oh, and about your Eye of Killrogg, seems a bit to weak for a 3/0/2. Why the penalty of 3? Since both player is basically like discarding a random card, then Eye of Kilrogg should be at least 3/3/2 or 3/3/3. With Stealth, then 3/2/2 or 3/3/2. I'm not sure about Shredder, but it seems it would give Eye of Kilrogg a little upgrade in stats.
    Reply Quote
    05/26/2014 10:56 PMPosted by FunkyPants

Felsteed - I really don't know about this card, if its useful or not in a Demon Deck. Giving Felsteed Bloodthirst and the other effect would give the Felsteed an upgraded stats, but Charge would decrease the stats by 5, since the mana cost is 5, for example, a 5 Mana cost 5/1 with Charge. A 4/5 stats for Felsteed seems balance, or underpowered, but I idk.

This one is the one I like to use as a cleaner, because they are the banner mount of the Warlock, and (at least before the way-too-easy-!@#$), you had to actually DO things to get it and use it.

Soul Swap - This one is interesting. With this card, you could summon a strong minion very early. So basically its an Innervate and similarly Wild Growth combined, which would cost at least 2. The fact of destroying a Demon would decrease the cost, maybe 0. So, Soul Swap at cost of 3 Mana seems too costly. Could work well in a Demon Deck.

The cost on this card is exactly because it will be way too similar to Innervate if I'll reduce it.

Soul Link - Another interesting idea. 4 Mana and 2 Health would basically mean a 5 mana cost card. Why not just all friendly demons instead of a friendly demon with 3 or more HP? How about, not just a friendly Demon, but just a minion, any minion? That would be more interesting. This card is similar to giving a minion Taunt. But, the idea of doubling the damage taken, perhaps at the cost of technically 5 Mana seems too costly. This card could also potentially work well in a Demon Deck.

Good one on this one, I'll lower the cost to 3 so it can be used more properly, but the fact of having an hybrid cost is what I like.

Sacrificial Pact - A Remake? I like the idea, a version of Sacrificial Pact which doesn't kill a Demon, but I think you should change the name. I like the old one too. I think this card should cost 0 Compare to the Old Sacrificial Pact, or perhaps you are suggesting that the old Sacrificial Pact should cost 2?

I totally forgot about the other Sacrificial, really. Any name suggestions?

Soulstone - Too costly. Compare to Shaman's Ancestral Spirit which cost 2. With a penalty of 2 damage, which Arcane Shot deals 2 damage at the cost of 1, Soulstone should cost 1 Mana.

1 cost to get a resu? Let's leave it at 3, because Locks aren't the master of helping things to live, and Soulstone don't resu you with full life.

Healthstone - Compare to Druid's Healing Touch. 3 mana Cost card with restore 8 Health. This card should restore 8 Health.

Why not 8 health? Easy, Warlocks are not healers at all, Healthstone is just to help on the backdraw of the constant self-damage. 5 is a fairly good ammout.

Chaos Bolt - Interesting, but the drawbacks are too high. Destroy 2 Mana Crystal is huge, and for 8 damage alone, I wouldn't play this card. I think it should be 10 damage. There is a reason why seemingly nobody plays Felguard, because of destroy 1 Mana Crystal for a 3 mana Cost Shieldmasta. Felguard is not good at all imo.

Agree about the drawback, but the damage stays. 10 damage is WAY too much, and everyone atm know that. I'll think about a fair drawback, maybe discard 2 cards or something.

Howl of Terror - Why not just, "Fear an enemy minion and adjacent ones"? I really don't know why you would put this at cost of 5, perhaps I still don't understand Fear. If I interpreted Fear correctly, this card should have a negative cost value. The Howl of Terror ability in Warcraft III decreased damage, so perhaps the spell card Howl of Terror should decrease Attack of all enemy minions, parallel to the Ability Howl of Terror in Warcraft III.

I like the idea of the adjacent ones, and actually thought about that.

Dark Intent - How I see it is that the "deal 2 damage to a friendly Demon" and "deals 2 damage more" cancels each other out, thus leaving, "your next harmfull spell cost 2 less". This means the card should cost at least 2, but since Dark Intent only limits to "harmful spells" then perhaps a cost of 1.

Cost 1? Nah, think about it: Hellfire at turn 3 doing 5 AoE damage, just WAY too much.

Twilight Shield - Exactly like Mage card Ice Barrier. But why 5 Armor? Twilight Shield should give 8 Armor at the cost of 3 Mana. I think Twilight Shield should restore Health, because of the Hero Power of Warlock.

Twilight shield doesn't heal, it never has done it, and it's only to spells, so 5 armor is fair.

05/26/2014 11:19 PMPosted by FunkyPants
    I see that you have made a change to some of your minions. Giving Archimonde 9 Mana Cost? That's like saying Lord Jaraxxus is more powerful than Archimonde, which I don't think it's true. Oh, and about your Eye of Killrogg, seems a bit to weak for a 3/0/2. Why the penalty of 3? Since both player is basically like discarding a random card, then Eye of Kilrogg should be at least 3/3/2 or 3/3/3. With Stealth, then 3/2/2 or 3/3/2. I'm not sure about Shredder, but it seems it would give Eye of Kilrogg a little upgrade in stats.

Well, I thought the 0 attack on EoK because it's an ability just to scout, and giving him attack will stop that. Maybe lowering the cost to 2 will make it a more fair use.
    And about Archimonde, the costs don't have any influence about the power of the card, or are you gonna tell me that Molten Giant is more powerfull than Ragnaros?
    The cost is fair because it's effect it's both helpfull and harmfull.
    Edited by MrTroz on 6/30/2014 3:40 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]