Ask a legend zoo lock

After hitting legend the other day in a short time, I've decided to try and help the community and people laddering up.

If you want to see my decklist let me know, or have questions on matchups. If you want to troll your post will just be ignored.
Reply Quote
No such thing as a legend zoo lock.
Reply Quote
Why are there no such cards like king mukla or tink master in most of the zoo decks? Changing your argent squire or shieldbearer into 5/5 with 50% success rate sounds like a good deal (well it wins games sometimes), of course it can backfire, but taking risks is fine in most of the cases. I also can't see how mukla can work against you (when i'm playing this card i'm actually happy about the fact that my opponent wastes mana on bananas). I'm running one in my ramp druid deck and it is really good at slowing down opponents as well as at applying pressure and in tempo/board control decks this card is probably even better. The other card that is worth looking into with the new hunter free meta is pit lord. health is not that important when you are playing against decks which rely on 1 turn burst and not on constantly going face.
Edited by michalsuch on 5/24/2014 3:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not the Timemaster, so they might have different answers...

As far as Mukla, he gives Bananas, which can mess up your otherwise good trades, turning 1 for 2's into 2 for 1's (assuming you don't count the bananas as "real" cards). Tinkmaster is far too random. They can be worth considering of course if you've got the Legs already, but also... what are you going to take out for them that's "worse"?
Reply Quote
What is the best use of the coin?

I nearly always end up using it turn 1- is there a better use for it?
Reply Quote
I'd replace scarlet crusaders or shattered sun clerics, harvest golems are too good at staying on board after big aoe to let them go. Maybe you are right about mukla, when playing druid i dont care that much about super efficient trades so bananas doesnt really matter that much, but still 1 mana can be spent in more deadly way than +1/+1 minion buff
Reply Quote
Why do I seem to lose steam so fast after the first few turns?
I mean more so than other Zoo players.
Edited by Rinzler on 5/25/2014 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is sad... but i guess my question would be why not play a deck, even something like handlock, that takes more skill? (no offense intended but zoo is basically the only deck i don't respect people for going to legend with). Like even making your own deck or something.
Edited by Lostsage on 5/25/2014 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did you really come to the forums to tell people that you got legend with the scummiest deck possible and not expect to get trolled, if so impressive.

Serious note, how to zoo.

Mulligan for 1 drops, numbers > quality of minion, even mulligan 2 drops if you are going second.

Turn 1 coin with double 1 drop is easily the best use becuase the deck is a total 1 trick pony and if you run out of steam you will lose.

Buff minions with divine shield with argus and shattered sun and place them together if possible for argus.

Always take good trades, considering going for the face if its getting to about turn 6 as the minions that will hit the board will trade to well with your drops if they get taunt. (know when to race basically)

Try and use battlecries to trade up so dont put abusive out on turn 1 unless you dont have any other options.

If you are expecting aoe try and put minions like zerker and harvest golem out, look at the total damage lost via the aoe, thats basically how damaging it is, a lot of the time though its better to just 100% yolo without much thought due to the nature of agro in hearthstone.

Life tap has to be used before you play cards unless you have doomguard or soulfire in an empty hand.

If you have doomguard / soulfire / random card in hand and 5 mana, look at the board and see how close the game is, sometimes its worth riding the Rng and soulfiring first, sometimes you may need to risk it for tempo, it is worth it most of the time. (basically stick to your gameplan and dont try to beat the opponent on the board later in the game).

That should get you pretty high in legend rank.
Reply Quote
05/24/2014 03:36 PMPosted by michalsuch
Why are there no such cards like king mukla or tink master in most of the zoo decks? Changing your argent squire or shieldbearer into 5/5 with 50% success rate sounds like a good deal (well it wins games sometimes), of course it can backfire, but taking risks is fine in most of the cases. I also can't see how mukla can work against you (when i'm playing this card i'm actually happy about the fact that my opponent wastes mana on bananas). I'm running one in my ramp druid deck and it is really good at slowing down opponents as well as at applying pressure and in tempo/board control decks this card is probably even better. The other card that is worth looking into with the new hunter free meta is pit lord. health is not that important when you are playing against decks which rely on 1 turn burst and not on constantly going face.

Well besides people might not have those cards, they are unreliable. A scarlet crusader and harvest golem is always going to be a pretty safe, strong play. Mukla I agree is worth looking into, however bloodknight can have a similar effect while also not giving your opponent bananas.

Also anyone saying zoo lock is easy. Have fun playing against miracle rogues and handlock. Both strong decks that can wipe the floor with zoo.
Reply Quote
05/25/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Lostsage
This is sad... but i guess my question would be why not play a deck, even something like handlock, that takes more skill? (no offense intended but zoo is basically the only deck i don't respect people for going to legend with). Like even making your own deck or something.

Well besides those other decks costing more to make, I wanted to get legend(as do many other people). If you seriously think handlock or miracle rogue is that much harder, you are deluded. Noone cares about your respect man, I got legend. Where are you at?
Reply Quote
Do you hit your face on the keyboard, or did you just drop a cat on it and let it run around?

Alternatively: How do you not feel like a scumbag for bragging about getting to legend with Zoolock, of all things?
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 05:38 PMPosted by EisselsEnnui
Do you hit your face on the keyboard, or did you just drop a cat on it and let it run around?

Alternatively: How do you not feel like a scumbag for bragging about getting to legend with Zoolock, of all things?

Poor guy, you will get legend some day. Jk, you wont.
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Timemaster
05/28/2014 05:38 PMPosted by EisselsEnnui

Poor guy, you will get legend some day. Jk, you wont.

At least if I do, it'll be under my own power and not because I was abusing a brainless, free-win deck archtype. :)

Hope you enjoy your sense of shame!
Reply Quote
1/10

Awarded the single point for getting a few bites.

Would not read again.
Reply Quote
post your decklist, and if you have any obscure choices, please explain why.
i got stuck out at rank 5 for my zoolock. too many miracle rogues
Reply Quote
You were never going to get any credit with zoo, but congratz on your 'achievement'
Reply Quote
05/28/2014 05:10 PMPosted by Timemaster
Noone cares about your respect man, I got legend. Where are you at?

QFT. And that's what it really boils down to. This guy knows whats up.

He doesn't know any of you. Doesn't have to deal with you in person or on a day to day basis. You play to have fun, and winning is fun. Not here to please the masses.
Edited by Jameus on 5/29/2014 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How many games did you play to reach legend from 5?
Got any advice for someone trying to reach legend with zoo?

I'm currently running a version of zoo which runs questing adventurers. Seems to work very well, however I got into a bad streak when I reached rank 1 and dropped to rank 3 again.

Still struggling to climb back up. Seems like the meta has gotten used to zoo and the likes.
Reply Quote
05/29/2014 04:52 AMPosted by Jameus
05/28/2014 05:10 PMPosted by Timemaster
Noone cares about your respect man, I got legend. Where are you at?

QFT. And that's what it really boils down to. This guy knows whats up.

He doesn't know any of you. Doesn't have to deal with you in person or on a day to day basis. You play to have fun, and winning is fun. Not here to please the masses.

Oh yea, I assume clicking face repeatedly is great fun
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]