Ask a legend zoo lock

07/02/2014 09:27 PMPosted by iAmE
Shockadin mindlessly facesmashes...

I'm absolutely floored. It's been a while since I saw a thread contain so much stupid.
I see nothing wrong with what he said. Zoo is a board control deck, shockadin is an aggro deck, which most of the time just throws cheap minions on the board, charges your face, attacks your face with weapons and uses spells on your face. Yes, sometimes you can clear the board with it too, but really, most of the time, it's as mindless as any other aggro.
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 09:42 PMPosted by Dissentient
07/02/2014 09:27 PMPosted by iAmE
Shockadin mindlessly facesmashes...

I'm absolutely floored. It's been a while since I saw a thread contain so much stupid.
I see nothing wrong with what he said. Zoo is a board control deck, shockadin is an aggro deck, which most of the time just throws cheap minions on the board, charges your face, attacks your face with weapons and uses spells on your face. Yes, sometimes you can clear the board with it too, but really, most of the time, it's as mindless as any other aggro.

There's a reason why people lose to shockadin, and this is more or less the reason why. The same way that they lose repeatedly to zoolock. They lack either the logic or the cards to counter it.

While you're at it, I would love to see how shockadin compares to zoolock.

Considering shockadins draw mechanics are not guranteed, nor on par with zoo. There is a lot of balancing between using the hero power and cards. Shockadin does not zerg-facesmash, because doing so is only conducive with warlocks, as warlocks are the only ones who have near-guranteed draw to upkeep that play style. Shockadin wins through a twist of board and hand control along with burst damage, hence why zoolock and murlock relies on zerging, and shockadin has more charge cards then any aggro deck.

As a shockadin, I can gurantee you if I drop my hand on the field, I will lose immediately, where as my deck, in warlock, will not. However, like most control decks, seeks win conditions mainly revolving around BoM->Leeroy->AW->AW, most of the time your weapons and early minions are used to create a 5-10 damage wound, and to trade efficiently via equality.

Shockadin is much more comparable to burn mage then aggro, though they use minions and weapons in lieu of spells.

If you consider aggro to be any deck that aims to kill before turn 10, then yes, but you'd also include miracle rogue, burn mages, most freeze mages, handlock, and even most midrange decks.
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 09:55 PMPosted by iAmE
There's a reason why people lose to shockadin, and this is more or less the reason why. The same way that they lose repeatedly to zoolock. They lack either the logic or the cards to counter it.
Well, one reason why such decks are frowned upon is that there's absolutely no way to win against them with logic if your deck doesn't have at least a decent matchup against it.

Shockadin does not zerg-facesmash
As I said, shockadin does way more zerg-facesmashing than zoo does. Zoo does not aim to smash your face as quickly as possible before you stabilize, zoo aims to gain complete board control in early game and use that advantage to control the board through the entire game.
Usual zoo has only 6 cards that can deal immediate damage - Soulfires, Doomguards and Argent Commanders. More often than not this damage is used on minions. Zoo only switches to aggression whenever opponent is low enough, but that's true for any deck.

As a shockadin, I can gurantee you if I drop my hand on the field, I will lose immediately, where as my deck, in warlock, will not.
Zoo drops its hand on the field because the deck is designed to work that way. In which order you play your cards and how you use your buffs makes the difference between a good and a bad player. It's not rocket science, but I still see many players make mistakes in that regard.

However, like most control decks, seeks win conditions mainly revolving around BoM->Leeroy->AW->AW, most of the time your weapons and early minions are used to create a 5-10 damage wound, and to trade efficiently via equality.
Sounds like the exact definition of aggro. "I deal damage to face, then I deal damage to face, and then I finish off my opponent with damage. I also sometimes remove opponent's minions.".

If you consider aggro to be any deck that aims to kill before turn 10, then yes, but you'd also include miracle rogue, burn mages, most freeze mages, handlock, and even most midrange decks.
I consider aggro any deck that aims to win by primarily dealing damage to face, as opposed to decks that prioritize board control. All burn is just a kind of aggro.
Reply Quote
I like it how you reached legend and think you are someone to give advice and assume that the community needs your help. Srsly anyone can be legend with zoo if you play a lot and have no life :/
Reply Quote
Question: Why do zoo decks run soulfires when it's widely accepted that zoo players have no soul? Seems hypocritical to me.
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 09:37 AMPosted by Atesz
I like it how you reached legend and think you are someone to give advice and assume that the community needs your help. Srsly anyone can be legend with zoo if you play a lot and have no life :/

The advice is for people that want to improve and figure out what they are doing wrong, not for whiners like you stuck at rank 15 thinking its zoo that's keeping you there. And no, the average player will not hit legend no matter how much they play. Stay small kiddo.
Reply Quote
07/09/2014 04:15 AMPosted by Timemaster
The advice is for people that want to improve and figure out what they are doing wrong, not for whiners like you stuck at rank 15 thinking its zoo that's keeping you there. And no, the average player will not hit legend no matter how much they play. Stay small kiddo.

People that want to improve their play will not play zoo lock noob.
Stop trying to defend this noob deck that everyone dislikes.
Stay small kiddo.
Edited by Glennn on 7/9/2014 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]