Why is Felguard so incredibly bad?

Does anybody even play that guy? That is like a Tazdingo for 3 but with a permanent overload of 1 which is absolutely horrible and completely injustified. If we nerf what seems to strong about Warlock we should make that guy viable any ideas?
Reply Quote
Tempo gain in super aggro decks, hard to remove for a lot of classes on turn 3 and will almost certainly trade 2 for 1.

The cost is too steep for even Zoo, however.
Reply Quote
Cause you guys are looking at it the wrong way, like i used to. You don't use it as a 1 turn earlyer shieldmaster, but late game when u have like 8-10 crystals and destroying 1 doesn't do much so that you have more mana left over for combos. I've started running felguard and it is actually working pretty well that way, especially with the occasional demonfire buff.
Reply Quote
06/04/2014 05:34 PMPosted by Karthull
Cause you guys are looking at it the wrong way, like i used to. You don't use it as a 1 turn earlyer shieldmaster, but late game when u have like 8-10 crystals and destroying 1 doesn't do much so that you have more mana left over for combos. I've started running felguard and it is actually working pretty well that way, especially with the occasional demonfire buff.

I could see that, the limiting factor to its usefulness being how often the situation would arise late game in which one would like to play a Fel Guard with other things
Reply Quote

I was think the same think when people say Felguard are bad. When they say its a permanent 1 crystal destroy i thoug it will make our Mana crystall maximum 9. 8 If we use 2 Felguard. When i play against Warlock player using Felguard that where i realised it wasnt permanent destroy, it will replenished back to Maximum 10.

What i think people dont like it with Felguard its maybe it will destroy your tempo. Like you can drop Dread Infernal or Hellfire, but since you drop Fellguard ealier it destroy your tempo.

Personally i think Felguard wasnt that bad. 3 Mana 3/5 destroy 1 MC is ok, couple with Demonfire buff it will make Felguard more menacing. Only to to remind it dont use Felguard on earlier turn. Drop Felagurd on turn 7-9 then its ok.
Reply Quote
It's a low/mid-range value card that defines you're entire deck, or gets played late when such cards are (usually) not as important. That's why it's bad (compared to Arcane Golem, which in theory has just as bad of a draw-back, but it does that without affecting your own mana curve).

I actually think it would be fine in some Zoo variants, but it would be bad in Aggro.
Reply Quote
Felguard: If played on turn 3, destroy 7 mana crystals (turn 4-10).
Reply Quote

For 9-10 you might as well put sen'jin if you want 3/5 taunt, differently from felguard it will be playable on earlier turns. and one more thing, very few players actually run demonfire.
Reply Quote
It's a defensive card, so if it does what it's supposed to do, you end up being way behind in the long run. If it doesn't do what it's supposed to do (stop the early rush), then you probably won't have the mana to try anything else before you die.

They really should swap the drawbacks of a few cards. Doomguard would be much better with destroy a mana crystal and Felguard would be better with discard.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Zoid
It's a defensive card, so if it does what it's supposed to do, you end up being way behind in the long run. If it doesn't do what it's supposed to do (stop the early rush), then you probably won't have the mana to try anything else before you die.

They really should swap the drawbacks of a few cards. Doomguard would be much better with destroy a mana crystal and Felguard would be better with discard.

I really like that idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]