Miracle is nothing compared to Warlock.

1) only works with coin
2) requires 7 cards
3) requires a soulfire to not discard the other soulfire, from a small hand (you need to play 6 cards before the discard).
Unless you let them sit at 10 cards without applying any pressure of your own, this sounds like a very risky strategy. Only reason this OTK can happen is because you let them sit peacefully and gather the cards for it.

06/04/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Catalin
36 Dmg in 1 turn, this game is so fun and interactive blizzard *cough*

As if you were interacting any more in armoring up.
Edited by Necksnapper on 6/5/2014 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 12:24 AMPosted by Catalin
Yes, lets say this guy got preety lucky to have the exact cards, atm i'm sick of Leeroy and these OTK combos.

How is this any different than you, as a Control Warrior, playing Gorehowl on Turn 7, Alexstrasza on Turn 9 to get him down to 15 health, then on turn 10 swinging for 10-12 with Grommash, and 5-7 with Gorehowl? Which, by the way only takes 4 cards, as opposed to 8+.
Edited by Bosskiller on 6/5/2014 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How is this any different than you, as a Control Warrior, playing Gorehowl on Turn 7, Alexstrasza on Turn 9 to get him down to 15 health, then on turn 10 swinging for 10-12 with Grommash, and 5-7 with Gorehowl? Which, by the way only takes 4 cards, as opposed to 8+.

You answer your own question... What you are describing is clearly not a OTK, that's very far away from what Rogues and Handlock can do in one turn with only the cards in their hands.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 12:35 AMPosted by Makepeace
You answer your own question... What you are describing is clearly not a OTK, that's very far away from what Rogues and Handlock can do in one turn with only the cards in their hands.

It does not have to be a OTK, when the results are the same, and with half the cards needed. Both scenarios we are talking about happen on Turn 10. Both kill on Turn 10. One does it with only 4 needed cards. One does it with 8+ cards needed, and luck in not discarding a Soulfire.
Edited by Bosskiller on 6/5/2014 12:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 12:37 AMPosted by Bosskiller
It does not have to be a OTK, when the results are the same, and with half the cards needed.

The result being killing your opponents... with cards... after a few turns where your opponent have plenty of time to counter your combo (Ooze or Harrisson the weapon, healing, killing you in that time, etc.).

You compare two completely different things.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 12:41 AMPosted by Makepeace
The result being killing your opponents... with cards... after a few turns where your opponent have plenty of time to counter your combo (Ooze or Harrisson the weapon, healing, killing you in that time, etc.).

No different than dropping a Taunt down in time for the Leeroy shenigans either. They are very comparable.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 12:43 AMPosted by Bosskiller
No different than dropping a Taunt down in time for the Leeroy shenigans either. They are very comparable.

What does it have to do with the topic here (I may not fully get your point, my english is a bit bad)? And do you really have to rely on the "Put a taunt" miracle solution? Because that's kind of a weak argument to put in a OTK threat, especially when we're talking about Miracle (but with soulfire and luck, Warlock can do it too)...
Edited by Makepeace on 6/5/2014 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 12:53 AMPosted by Makepeace
What does it have to do with the topic here (I may not fully get your point, my english is a bit bad)?

OP is playing a Control Warrior while complaining about a OTK on Turn 10. Control Warriors main win condition is the scenario I listed, which has the same effect on the same Turn. Not hard to understand.

06/05/2014 12:53 AMPosted by Makepeace
And do you really have to rely on the "Put a taunt" miracle solution?

When you think an opponent is going to go for a Leeroy OTK that will cost them 10-11 mana on Turn 10, a simple Taunt will shut it down. They will not have the mana to deal with the Taunt and then pull off the OTK on the same turn.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 01:00 AMPosted by Bosskiller
OP is playing a Control Warrior while complaining about a OTK on Turn 10. Control Warriors main win condition is the scenario I listed, which has the same effect on the same Turn. Not hard to understand.

But you dont seem to understand the point I made in the first place, about the fact that Control Warrior cannot take out of his hat a fully OTK (in the case of Gorehowl+Alex+ (if needed) Gromm, that take 3 turn and the optimal conditions to complete it), while Miracle on the other side can accomplish it in one turn while drawing the win condition way more easily.

06/05/2014 01:00 AMPosted by Bosskiller
When you think an opponent is going to go for a Leeroy OTK that will cost them 10-11 mana on Turn 10, a simple Taunt will shut it down. They will not have the mana to deal with the Taunt and then pull off the OTK on the same turn.

Ever heard of Sap? Preparation? Control Warrior may have the best hard removal of the game, but it can hardly compete with the removals dynamic of Rogues.
Edited by Makepeace on 6/5/2014 1:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/04/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Catalin

I'm surprised after thousands of threads about Leeroy he didn't recive a nerf.

Me too,and those who defend Leeroy are those who play these kind of stupid decks.But the same people when they lose to freeze control mage,they come here whining in forums.So yeah don't expect justice here!There isn't.
Edited by FiReSpAwNiE on 6/5/2014 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
honestly charge itself needs a rework, it makes the game imbalanced.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 01:09 AMPosted by Makepeace
Control Warrior may have the best hard removal of the game, but it can hardly compete with the removals dynamic of Rogues.

The fact that you do not know that Control Warrior counters Miracle Rogue tells me all I need to know. lol
Reply Quote
Ever heard of Sap? Preparation? Control Warrior may have the best hard removal of the game, but it can hardly compete with the removals dynamic of Rogues.

They don't understand that it's unbalivable but the other classes have removal too, it's hard to belive i know.

Control Warrior cannot take out of his hat a fully OTK (in the case of Gorehowl+Alex+ (if needed) Gromm, that take 3 turn and the optimal conditions to complete it

For him 3 turns to set up a combo you might not even get to finish it it's the same with 1 turn 26+ Dmg.
Edited by Catalin on 6/5/2014 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They don't understand that it's unbalivable but the other classes has remove too, it's hard to belive i know.

How does removal stop Alex's effect?

How does removal stop Grommash?
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 01:15 AMPosted by Bosskiller
The fact that you do not know that Control Warrior counters Miracle Rogue tells me all I need to know. lol

The fact that you corrupt what I say (it have nothing to do with my point...) to conclude that I dont know something that is common sense (+, my main is control warrior...) AND that you just dont reply to my arguments confirm that you're thickheaded and unable to maintain an argument with someone.

Though, that's something that didn't really needed a confirmation, I mean that's your attitude since forever on this forum... That's a real shame :( .
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 01:17 AMPosted by Bosskiller
How does removal stop Alex's effect?

How does removal stop Grommash?

I know you play Control Warrior and we both know that 80% of the cases you use Alex to put your opponent to 15 hp and next turn she is gone.

Before you finish your oponent with Grommash he has 1 full turn with 10 mana to remove your Gorehowl,heal,taunt even kill you.

I was comparing the dmg in 1 turn not after 3 turns.

In the case of warlock you can taunt up, but Control Warriors rarely use taunts.

But vs Miracle it's pointless to taunt -> Sap,Eviscerate,Back Stab,Sl:7 Agent so many removals.

I only win games vs Miracle if i am the one who is rushing him down and get lucky with Grommash if he is in my hand.

But you don't have the card draw as Warlock,Rogue to set up your combo, some times Grommash,Alex are in your bottom while your opponent has his combo from turn 6.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 01:22 AMPosted by Makepeace
Though, that's something that didn't really needed a confirmation, I mean that's your attitude since forever on this forum... That's a real shame :( .

I have no pity for those that think OTK on Turn 10 is OP, when they play Control Warrior, which pretty much does the same thing, just in a different way.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 01:26 AMPosted by Bosskiller
OTK on Turn 10 is OP

So tell me why did Warrior Giant OTK got nerfed ? No1 had a problem with that right ?

People were: He just killed me in 1 turn with giants, thats totally fine.
Edited by Catalin on 6/5/2014 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 01:24 AMPosted by Catalin
I only win games vs Miracle if i am the one who is rushing him down and get lucky with Grommash if he is in my hand.

The reason you are having problems with Miracle Rogues while playing a Control Warrior, is either your build, or how you are playing the deck. You play vs Miracle Rogue different than you play vs any other class, and is probably why you have trouble with them. Add me and I will catch you in game sometime, and help you out. I have around a 75% win rate vs MRs on my Control Warrior.
Reply Quote
What I have learned on the forums here and starcraft 2. People hate new ideas. People hate the games. People play them anyways. And a handful lfthem QQ until Las Vegas has oceans.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]