Why the hell dont warlocks have secrets?

I just thinks its unfair other classes have over powered !@# secrets that can win them the game while warlocks dont even have 1.....or at least why arent there neutral secret cards that can be used by all classes....that would kinda decent
Reply Quote
Because they don't need them, pretty simple.
Reply Quote
06/01/2014 08:55 PMPosted by Kuncussion
And because neutral cards are exclusively minions.
Reply Quote
There are overpowered secrets?
Reply Quote
06/01/2014 09:01 PMPosted by Peripatetic
06/01/2014 08:55 PMPosted by Kuncussion
And because neutral cards are exclusively minions.

well that make sense...but still.. in theory if a game is to be equal or balanced wouldnt it stand to reason that all classes should have similar assets like lets say "secrets" available to them? i mean only hunters, paladin and wizard have secret cards...i just thought what it would be like if there were alternatives to countering said secrets
Edited by ViciousVice on 6/1/2014 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2014 09:03 PMPosted by WalterCotN

case in point theres a control hunter deck i use thats mostly secrets and weapons and i havent lost a game with it yet....it almost feels like cheating its so !@#$%^- op...now combine my snake trap secret with Starving buzzard and i revived the OP UTH combo again...think about it snake trap is 2 mana.....my weapon is 3 mana.....UTH used to be 2 mana but got nerfed to 3 mana..........i just found a way of circumventing that with 2 secrets cards .... on top of using all the other ones i have to buff my weapon.. maybe im imaging things but thats wild strong
Edited by ViciousVice on 6/1/2014 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If not secrets, I feel Warlock should have an Eye of Kilrogg card similar to the Hunter's Flare. Yes, if you play long enough you will most likely guess the opponent's secret, but it would be a nice option to have.
Reply Quote
06/01/2014 09:08 PMPosted by ViciousVice
maybe im imaging things but thats wild strong

Secrets have the inherent weakness of being under the control of your opponent. You either rely on them not being able to figure out which secret it is and making a bad play for the secret in question or them having no better option than to give you value for it.

They're fun and all and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them, but they're far from overpowered.

Also snake trap isn't as good as UTH was. Your opponent can check whether or not it's snake trap by just attacking your face and playing a minion. That narrows it down completely and oftentimes they don't have to narrow it down to one secret. The buzzard isn't exactly difficult to remove without attacking it either. You don't even get control of the snakes immediately as they are summoned. Your opponent still has their turn to remove them.
Reply Quote
If they added a secret your opponent would know what it is because its the only one. Not so secret. They'd have to add a bunch of them for the whole mystery aspect to be viable, and that can't happen until a major expansion.
Reply Quote
06/01/2014 09:08 PMPosted by ViciousVice
06/01/2014 09:03 PMPosted by WalterCotN

case in point theres a control hunter deck i use thats mostly secrets and weapons and i havent lost a game with it yet....it almost feels like cheating its so !@#$%^- op...now combine my snake trap secret with Starving buzzard and i revived the OP UTH combo again...think about it snake trap is 2 mana.....my weapon is 3 mana.....UTH used to be 2 mana but got nerfed to 3 mana..........i just found a way of circumventing that with 2 secrets cards .... on top of using all the other ones i have to buff my weapon.. maybe im imaging things but thats wild strong

Those of use who don't drink paint on a regular basis see that the hunter has obviously played snake trap and don't attack the buzzard.

Except that one time where it was actually an explosive trap. Damn sneaky hunters.
Reply Quote
guys watch out for those paladin secrets, warlocks have everything except for secrets so why not give them those also lol?
Reply Quote
guys watch out for those paladin secret, warlocks have everything except for secrets so why not give them those also lol?

Oh !@#$. The paladin secret. The only one that is ever run in a deck above rank 25.

Get Down!

Though in seriousness, if secrets are overpowered, why are warlocks the strongest class at the moment, despite having none of them?
Edited by iAmE on 6/4/2014 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2014 08:41 PMPosted by ViciousVice
I just thinks its unfair other classes have over powered !@# secrets that can win them the game while warlocks dont even have 1.....or at least why arent there neutral secret cards that can be used by all classes....that would kinda decent

First of all, it TOTALLY is fine for locks to not have secrets, but they'd be a good candidate for it.

The class that is MISSING secrets is ROGUES. FFS... Who the hell makes a card game with secrets and then the stealthy, shifty, shady class is the one without secrets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]