Good way to kill concealed Auctioneer

Wild Pyro + Innervate + Starfall

Yes you 3 for 1 yourself, but we all know how dangerous he is if you let him live.
Reply Quote
sad but true
Reply Quote
Naturalizing your own sylvanas also works but having your opponent draw 2 cards is kinda counter productive. At least the stolen auctioneer will remain concealed on your opponent's turn.
Reply Quote
05/31/2014 08:48 PMPosted by Elephlosion
Naturalizing your own sylvanas also works but having your opponent draw 2 cards is kinda counter productive. At least the stolen auctioneer will remain concealed on your opponent's turn.

The card draw could work to your benefit actually, Miracle Rogues often have pretty full hands so you might force some discards. It would be hilarious if that caused them to lose Leeroy.
Reply Quote
Come on Poison Seeds!
Reply Quote
06/01/2014 08:06 PMPosted by Intoshadows
Come on Poison Seeds!

Pretty much this. Druid will go from possibly most challenged in dealing with concealed Auctioneer to having the premier answer to that 'problem'.
Reply Quote
What card would Poison seeds replace in your decks?
Reply Quote
Honestly right now Druids should just ignore the Auctioneer as he's not worth 3 for 1ing yourself, instead just make sure you have enough taunts up to soak up the miracle combo, as if you manage to survive it you win. Other classes have better tools to deal with the Auctioneer itself so they should use them, Druid doesn't and these expansive and inefficient combos aren't the answer, playing to your strengths is.
Edited by OwlRaider on 6/2/2014 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yup, basically who gets their combo out first. Their Leroy or your SR/FoN.

Rogue is clearing a path to your face.

Druid is trying to hit the 14 damage combo for lethal.
Reply Quote
06/01/2014 08:12 PMPosted by WynPharaoh
06/01/2014 08:06 PMPosted by Intoshadows
Come on Poison Seeds!

Pretty much this. Druid will go from possibly most challenged in dealing with concealed Auctioneer to having the premier answer to that 'problem'.

Spending 4 Mana (so at Turn 6 almost all your mana) and a card to transform his first Auctioneer into a 2/2 and your minions (if you have minions) also into 2/2 doesn't seem so good...

I don't like Poison Seeds and I won't use it. Druid is the class with cards, that give you two options. I would like Poison Seeds, if they would add a second option "Transform a random enemy minion into a 2/2 Treant). Compared with Hex/Polymorph or Deadly Shot it would be much worse, but it would help vs Auctioneer.
Edited by BeFoRe on 6/4/2014 2:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What kind of minions would u have out at turn 4-6, that changing them to 2/2 trees would be so devastating? Leper gnomes? Argent Squires? Golems? While the transformation could be ugly losing some death rattles, popping a stealthed auctioneer would be grand. Even having a DoTc in charge form could hit face then change everyone to trees, would still leave you with a minion and alter your opponents on your terms.

Since the theme of Naxx seems deathrattle, this card is essentially a mass polymorph. As well as another way to deal with big minions like ysera without reverting to naturalize.
Reply Quote
06/04/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Jafaking
What kind of minions would u have out at turn 4-6, that changing them to 2/2 trees would be so devastating? Leper gnomes? Argent Squires? Golems? While the transformation could be ugly losing some death rattles, popping a stealthed auctioneer would be grand. Even having a DoTc in charge form could hit face then change everyone to trees, would still leave you with a minion and alter your opponents on your terms.

Since the theme of Naxx seems deathrattle, this card is essentially a mass polymorph. As well as another way to deal with big minions like ysera without reverting to naturalize.

It's actually quite different. Polymorph doesn't trigger Deathrattle; Poison Seeds does.
Reply Quote
Oh, then that does change some of the uses then.
Reply Quote

It's not like polymorph, and I play Druid, so Golems, Keeper, Violet Teacher, Druid of the Claw, Azure Drake.. yes I wouldn't like killing my own minions to get 2/2-Minions and then don't have an opportunity to kill the 2/2 of my opponent in my turn.

Any Comment to my suggestion for adding a second option to this card?
Edited by BeFoRe on 6/5/2014 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 12:07 AMPosted by BeFoRe

It's not like polymorph, and I play Druid, so Golems, Keeper, Violet Teacher, Druid of the Claw, Azure Drake.. yes I wouldn't like killing my own minions to get 2/2-Minions and then don't have an opportunity to kill the 2/2 of my opponent in my turn.

Any Comment to my suggestion for adding a second option to this card?

You would if you are facing giants and have no real answer
Reply Quote
06/04/2014 02:22 AMPosted by BeFoRe
I would like Poison Seeds, if they would add a second option "Transform a random enemy minion into a 2/2 Treant

so... basically tinkmaster?
Reply Quote
Poison seeds plus nerubian eggs would be a stellar combo FOR druids.

Baron may be worth testing with as well. Perhaps he would trigger much like hunter traps trigger - meaning his effect would last until after the previous egg or eggs deathrattle(s) go off. Maybe turn 4, 5, 6 or even 2, 3, 4, 5 and you get 4 4/4's and 3 2/2's...that would be nice. Throw a savage roar on there next turn or late game = awesomesauce.

This could even be accomplished by innervates and coin would be win.
Edited by Unyielding on 6/6/2014 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My favorite way to take care of the auctioneer is ysera awakens. If I either get my ramp going or pull an innervate or two I can get that dragon out which A) draws a sap which otherwise would remove my big tree later and B) gives me a shot at the one real counter to conceal.

It is a rare thing to have work out 100% but when it does, it's the most satisfying thing ever.
Reply Quote
05/31/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Fisher
Wild Pyro + Innervate + Starfall

Yes you 3 for 1 yourself, but we all know how dangerous he is if you let him live.

I once innervated into a good RNGnaros :)
Reply Quote
Anyone thought up any better ways to deal with Auctioneer?

It feels like a rogue is 95%+ to beat you with a turn 5/6 play, no matter what you have on board or in hand.

Tinkmaster seems to be the only reliable way, although giving him a free 5/5 would be almost certain suidice.

I have been thinking about trying double-doomsayer, above rank 5 the rogue % is extremely high currently.
Edited by Carlaena on 7/6/2014 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]