Good way to kill concealed Auctioneer

Assuming no other minions on the board, throw out a Tinkmaster Overspark. Even if it turns into a devilsaur, at least it's not an auctioneer. I don't use it... Just an idea though.
Reply Quote
In my experience, a good miracle rogue player will already have pulled enough cards in the turn when the auctioneer was played. Sure, you can kill him, but sometimes I wonder if it's not better to ignore him and just go for the face and taunt up as much as you can.
Reply Quote
I made a list of all the ways you can kill a concealed Auctioneer on turn 5/6 in another post. It's this:

(i) Innervate + Rag + luck;
(ii) knife juggler + Innervate / coin + 4 1/2 mana minions + luck
(iii) wild pyromancer + innervate/coin + starfall
(iv) Tinkmaster Overspark + luck (if there are other minions)
(v) Mad Bomber + Innervate / coin + Swipe / Starfall + luck OR Mad Bomber (x2) + Innervate / coin + Youthful Brewmaster + Mad Bomber again + luck
(vi) Thalnos + Kobold Geomancer + Innervate / coin + Starfall
(vii) Thalnos / Kobold Geomancer + innervate + innervate / coin + swipe (x2)
(viii) innervate + innervate / coin + Deathwing

I pulled number 3 (the one mentioned in OP) once, but didn't do me good. He simply used triple Leroy + whatever to do +20 damages the following turn and end the game.

At this stage, I'm actually wondering whether removing the Auctioneer at all is necessary, because even one round with it will give him enough cards to get what he needs, and leaves you spending a lot of ressources to kill something he only needs for 2 turns tops.
Reply Quote
I think in all honesty, you can play ramp druid and just keep throwing down taunts.

First, take the standard ramp stuff: 2 WG, 2 Innervate, 1 Nourish.

Build a deck around these cards and you win.

2 Senjins
2 Druid of the Claw (for suicide charge or taunt)
2 Sunwalkers
2 Ancient of Lore.
1 Faceless
1 Farseer or Healing Touch

and your nukes for an unconcealed drake / auctioneer are:
1 Argent Commander
1 Starfall
2 Swipe

Ramp early if you can into a Harvest Golem or Senjin - the more cards you draw out before turn 5, the better.

Just hope they have a single Sap, and draw it out early with a taunted druid of the claw. Then lay out Sunwalker, Ancient of War, Ancient of War, Facless Manipulator.

Once you have 2 big taunts down, use Ancient of Lore and Farseer / Healing Touch to recover a little hero health.

Once you have a taunt wall up they will not get through - just run them out of cards.

I tried running Ooze for a while, didn't find it effective since they just die to backstab and pretty much anything else. Harrison was so-so, I stopped using him also.

I am beating miracle 65% of the time with this deck. (note: I dont run any wombo combo cards, thats why I can have so many taunts).
Edited by FarqTheOrc on 7/8/2014 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Running 2 healing touches is amazing vs. Miracle Rogue. And the rest of the game is up to you, if you just keep dealing damage and touching yourself, you'll probably win a lot.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 12:07 AMPosted by BeFoRe

Any Comment to my suggestion for adding a second option to this card?

Unnecessary. The card is quite powerful enough as it is. Any more power and the mana cost would need to be increased.
Reply Quote
07/06/2014 02:47 AMPosted by Carlaena
Anyone thought up any better ways to deal with Auctioneer?

It feels like a rogue is 95%+ to beat you with a turn 5/6 play, no matter what you have on board or in hand.

Tinkmaster seems to be the only reliable way, although giving him a free 5/5 would be almost certain suidice.

I have been thinking about trying double-doomsayer, above rank 5 the rogue % is extremely high currently.

It's too inefficient trying to deal with Auctioner. Consider this(pretty standard scenario):

Turn 5 Rogue plays Auctioneer>Coin>Prep>Eviscerate>Conceal. That's 4 cards drawn for Miracle.

Your turn. Assume you get some unlikely 2-3 card combination to deal with Auctioneer.

Okay, Auctioneer is now gone but you are at a 6-7 card deficit, as well as spending your entire turn.

This translates to the Rogue essentially drawing 6+ cards(what they draw plus what you use to deal with Auctioneer) as well as gaining a free turn(a turn in which now they are far more likely to have their combo set up, or at the very least more removal and utility to prolongg the game until they do)

Druids current best option is to basically ignore Auctioneer(unless you get a tempo efficient opening to deal with him) and attempt to merely race with board pressure plus combo.

The other(and less obvious) tactic, that is worthy of mention, is by applying pressure to the Rogue on the turns leading up to the Auctioneer play, you can force them to use up a lot(ideally)of the card that they would rather save up to combo with Auctioneer.

For example, if the Rogue is forced to use an early Prep(or Coint)>Eviscerate(Sap), etc to deal with an Innervated Yeti or a Marked Golum then that is less cards they will(theoretically) have to combo with when Auctioneer does come down.

So in essence, a lot of the "dealing with Auctioneer" should be focused on attempting to preemptively force them to use cards that would otherwise be combo'd with it, and early.

This is really the only realistic tactic Druid has to rely upon.

The problem with this tactic though, is that Rogue has very efficient removal and A LOT of removal options. This generally makes it relatively easy to deal with your threats while stil, maintaining their game of Solitaire.

I personally dislike my winrates versus Miracle(and Freezemage) enough that I have put my Druid on the back burner this season and have been running a variation of Trap(Cycle) Hunter, which not only wtfpwns Miracle and FreezeMage but is excellent versus Handlock, Zoo and does really well in a meta where Druid isn't running as many taunts, in favor of dbl. combo.

Anyways, rambling...
Edited by Intoshadows on 7/12/2014 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Intoshadows
07/06/2014 02:47 AMPosted by Carlaena
Anyone thought up any better ways to deal with Auctioneer?

It feels like a rogue is 95%+ to beat you with a turn 5/6 play, no matter what you have on board or in hand.

Tinkmaster seems to be the only reliable way, although giving him a free 5/5 would be almost certain suidice.

I have been thinking about trying double-doomsayer, above rank 5 the rogue % is extremely high currently.

It's too inefficient trying to deal with Auctioner. Consider this(pretty standard scenario):

Turn 5 Rogue plays Auctioneer>Coin>Prep>Eviscerate>Conceal. That's 4 cards drawn for Miracle.

Your turn. Assume you get some unlikely 2-3 card combination to deal with Auctioneer.

Okay, Auctioneer is now gone but you are at a 6-7 card deficit, as well as spending your entire turn.

This translates to the Rogue essentially drawing 6+ cards(what they draw plus what you use to deal with Auctioneer) as well as gaining a free turn(a turn in which now they are far more likely to have their combo set up, or at the very least more removal and utility to prolongg the game until they do)

Druids current best option is to basically ignore Auctioneer(unless you get a tempo efficient opening to deal with him) and attempt to merely race with board pressure plus combo.

The other(and less obvious) tactic, that is worthy of mention, is by applying pressure to the Rogue on the turns leading up to the Auctioneer play, you can force them to use up a lot(ideally)of the card that they would rather save up to combo with Auctioneer.

For example, if the Rogue is forced to use an early Prep(or Coint)>Eviscerate(Sap), etc to deal with an Innervated Yeti or a Marked Golum then that is less cards they will(theoretically) have to combo with when Auctioneer does come down.

So in essence, a lot of the "dealing with Auctioneer" should be focused on attempting to preemptively force them to use cards that would otherwise be combo'd with it, and early.

This is really the only realistic tactic Druid has to rely upon.

The problem with this tactic though, is that Rogue has very efficient removal and A LOT of removal options. This generally makes it relatively easy to deal with your threats while stil, maintaining their game of Solitaire.

I personally dislike my winrates versus Miracle(and Freezemage) enough that I have put my Druid on the back burner this season and have been running a variation of Trap(Cycle) Hunter, which not only wtfpwns Miracle and FreezeMage but is excellent versus Handlock, Zoo and does really well in a meta where Druid isn't running as many taunts, in favor of dbl. combo.

Anyways, rambling...

I agree with this logic. It is better to be proactive rather than reactive. The majority of Rogue decks out there are miracle, so to assume that turn 5 they are pulling out that auctioneer is pretty safe. Keep the pressure on them early to slow you down or remove your minions. I've found against rogues its best to start aggro.. and flood the board. Definitely not time to be using hero power to hit them in the face.
Reply Quote
05/31/2014 12:32 PMPosted by Ougi
sad but true
is that a metallica reference? because if it was, that was awesome!
Reply Quote
i beat miracle rogue easily because i usually have innnervate or some sort of wild growth. i also use the mini with seven life and one attack or i magnify my harvest golem i use my deck (flood Druid) to wait to get the ultimate combo force of nature enervate claw claw. 24 damage that will always kill rogue.
Reply Quote
Just look forward to the nerf that Naxx brings for Miracle.

Miracle Rogues won't work once players get poison seeds, Loatheb and Reincarnation/Sylvanas combo.

I'm sure other new cards will stop the Gadgetzan Auctioneer spam too.
Reply Quote
lol so it happened to me today. Couldn't get rid of the Auctioneer and one turn after she played a second auctioneer. I'm done, right? Not at all? she started drawing cards like crazy and first burned her Leeroy Jenkins because her hand is full, then she ran out of cards. From there on, I was just playing taunts and watching her trying to kill her own Auctioneers. lol
Reply Quote
lol so it happened to me today. Couldn't get rid of the Auctioneer and one turn after she played a second auctioneer. I'm done, right? Not at all? she started drawing cards like crazy and first burned her Leeroy Jenkins because her hand is full, then she ran out of cards. From there on, I was just playing taunts and watching her trying to kill her own Auctioneers. lol

05/31/2014 09:31 PMPosted by TheShovel
05/31/2014 08:48 PMPosted by Elephlosion
Naturalizing your own sylvanas also works but having your opponent draw 2 cards is kinda counter productive. At least the stolen auctioneer will remain concealed on your opponent's turn.

The card draw could work to your benefit actually, Miracle Rogues often have pretty full hands so you might force some discards. It would be hilarious if that caused them to lose Leeroy.
Reply Quote
Miracle continues to have the same problem it always has... as mentioned in many of the posts above, what you draw doesn't matter nearly as much as what the rogue does. If he draw his auctioneer and enough cards to fuel it for turn 5/6 you are just going to lose. He'll destroy or sap whatever you can put on the board, and you're not going to be able to prevent it.

It's all based on the luck of the draw - and what's worse, it's the luck of their draw, not yours
Reply Quote
06/02/2014 01:29 AMPosted by OwlRaider
Honestly right now Druids should just ignore the Auctioneer as he's not worth 3 for 1ing yourself, instead just make sure you have enough taunts up to soak up the miracle combo, as if you manage to survive it you win. Other classes have better tools to deal with the Auctioneer itself so they should use them, Druid doesn't and these expansive and inefficient combos aren't the answer, playing to your strengths is.

Don't go and spoil the fun! Let them think the main target is the concealed auctioneer and continue losing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]