Error "Closed.The game was unable to log you"

Thks Eon for the update...
Very appreciated.
But it only started this morning for myself.
:)
JD
Reply Quote
New issue since maintenance.
Devices: iPad Air and MacBookPro iOS and OSX up to date
Region: America and Europe both not working

Error on iPad: That thing with the ghosts
Mac: No connection with Battlenet Error: BLZBNTBGS80000021. Internetconnection is working like always.

Conclusion: Update/Maintenance messed it all up. Great job well done.
Reply Quote
Wayne,

Try to be more appreciative of the team's effort. They are maintaining a game that is FREE TO PLAY for pete's sake. They owe you nothing.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for giving that a shot for me, Eon. I've sent you an email requesting some specific logs as well. Keep an eye out for an email from an @blizzard.com address. It has a link to download a log gathering tool that we use as well as some additional steps.
E-mail received and directions were followed. Awaiting response now. :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for those Eon. Just checking in to let you know that I've received them and I've sent them off to be reviewed. I may not have an update for a bit, but I'll let you know as soon as I have anything.
Support Forum Agent
Looks like that response came much quicker than I expected. :) It looks like there's some confusion to the server when logging into the B.net App versus logging into Hearthstone. Do you have multiple active network connections?

It looks like the authentication server is receiving a login request from the B.net App from one IP, and then receiving the Hearthstone login request from a different IP.
Oh! I think the reason why you're seeing that is because im currently using a VPN?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/18/2014 02:16 AMPosted by Eon
Oh! I think the reason why you're seeing that is because im currently using a VPN?

This could do it. If there's a misconfiguration where the Battle.net App and Hearthstone are connecting via different methods and assigning individual IPs, that could very well be what's causing things. Would it be possible to test without the VPN?
Edited by Glaxigrav on 6/18/2014 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually can only access battle.net while using a VPN. Perhaps there could be a way where I delete access with the IPAD and connect only with my laptop? Is that possible?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/20/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Eon
I actually can only access battle.net while using a VPN. Perhaps there could be a way where I delete access with the IPAD and connect only with my laptop? Is that possible?

This is likely whatever is causing the problem. There must be something on your Mac that is preventing it from connecting to Battle.net without the VPN. The App is proceeding correctly, but Hearthstone is not configured properly to work with the VPN.

The access between your laptop and iPad shouldn't have any change on our end since you just log into the Battle.net Service, but if the proxy/VPN isn't configured properly you may want to check with their support documentation for guidance.
Hey there. I am having the same issue here. I have my iPad working well and my MacBookPro doesn't, but I can connect with no problems to Americas region (my account is EU) and about half an hour ago I was able to connect to europe again but I lost connection and now It's all bad again. Can I get help?
I don't use vpn and my iPad uses (via BT pan sharing) MacBook's connection.

Update: it looks like I need to play 1 game from iPad to get MacBook's client to login. It happened twice already. I will update this post to confirm it if it will continue to work that way. I don't wanna point fingers but I am pretty sure this isn't user end problems.
Edited by Valk on 6/26/2014 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wanna update my guess here and say that logging in with iPad first helps to clear path for MacBook's login in 4 cases out of 5.
Reply Quote
Same problem here! but with Windows, got disconnected from EU yesterday still can't log in again. Tried Uninstall-->reinstall and everything.
Reply Quote
Have the same problem please help

process attached
Fri Jan 30 16:04:26 2015 [MAIN] client.config says aurora.version.source='product'
Fri Jan 30 16:04:27 2015 [LOCS] 11010= <------------------------------------- error
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AUTH] 3=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AUTH] 3=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=1 code=3 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=0 code=3 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=7 event=33 code=3 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=0 event=0 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=1 event=4 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=2 event=12 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=5 event=25 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=6 event=30 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=4 event=22 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=10 event=37 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=11 event=38 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=12 event=40 code=9 name=
Fri Jan 30 16:04:30 2015 [AURA] Marshal Error feature=13 event=42 code=9 name=
Reply Quote
Hi I've been experiencing this error while using my Macbook but when I use my Ipad, I can log in without any problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]