Nerf Zoo cancer

In your case I would consider using Swipe on the Flame Imp planning on playing Innervate + Ancient of Lore (for healing) next turn and then use Force of Nature the next one to clear his board. It might just work, but sometimes the Zoo just gets you early.
Reply Quote
What is it with the online trend of calling everything cancer? I don't get it. Preemptive action to take the meaning/power from the word or just herd mentality?
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 09:04 AMPosted by McCloud
What is it with the online trend of calling everything cancer? I don't get it. Preemptive action to take the meaning/power from the word or just herd mentality?

the point is to draw attention by making a comparison, alternatively you can say that only the people responsible for the holocaust use zoo
Edited by ChaosAE on 6/6/2014 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Every class in this game will generally have a bad match up. One of the problems i see with everyone claiming this deck or that deck is overpowered it is because they play one deck and that deck is a bad match up against whatever deck they are complaining about. For starters try having multiple decks that deal with different decks in the meta. Then when you run into one deck alot, switch to your deck that deals with that deck. For me, against zoolock, I play a priest deck that will win against a zoolock ~3/4 times. I always am mulliganing for circle of healings, wild pyromancers, power word shields, injured blade masters, Auchernai Soulpruest, Holy Smite, and shadow word:pain (Enough cards to reach for that I almost always get a couple of them in my oppening hand). Turn two pyromancer, coin, powerword:Shield will often shut the zoolock down early. dealing two damage to all and leaving a 3/2 on board that can be healed (its also a good answer to early divine shield minions). Holy Smites, mind blasts, and power word pain are also good for triggering the pyromancers. turn 4 auchenai soulpriest circle of healing is a good way to regain advantage if you didnt get pyromancer combos early. Turn 3 injured blade master circle of healing is also strong vs zoolock. The key is delaying the game into mid to late game where your constant healing and bigger minions run over the zoolock. and there are enough combos in the deck that you don't always have to get one specific combo to not be screwed. This is just my answer against zoolock and I have had a lot of success with it, I'm sure others have even better decks for dealing with zoolocks.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 05:04 PMPosted by Zveno
Run Sen'jin Shieldmasta.

Abomination is better.
Reply Quote
You need to get better TC....

Just kidding, this is complete BS and I am insulted anyone that thinks Zoolock is not OP and BROKEN. This same scenario happens almost every time against Zoolock, and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it.

Unless you have the most expensive netdeck in the game. You need the most expensive deck in the game to counter the cheapest. I rest my case.
Reply Quote
it should not be nerfed,as it one of the only budget decks that can hold up against legendary decks, if something should be changed, it should blizzards broken mm that punishes above average f2p players.
Reply Quote
Shaman is free to play, mage is free to play.
Grind gold / packs in arena or non ranked.
No excuse for playing that moron deck, it ruins the fun for everyone else.
Reply Quote
Zoo is broken because it assumes a mana curve that peaks at 4-5 while constantly flooding the boards with the best neutral minions in the game.

Control decks usually don't have the ability to counter that early aggro, especially not against divine shield minions. That's why the game is completely off balance; aggro decks don't have counters because control decks peak at 7-8, far behind the 4-5 mana curve for aggro.

By the time you have something threatening to play you'll either be dead or the enemy will have no problems trading.
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 06:20 PMPosted by osea101
Zoo is broken because it assumes a mana curve that peaks at 4-5 while constantly flooding the boards with the best neutral minions in the game.

Control decks usually don't have the ability to counter that early aggro, especially not against divine shield minions. That's why the game is completely off balance; aggro decks don't have counters because control decks peak at 7-8, far behind the 4-5 mana curve for aggro.

By the time you have something threatening to play you'll either be dead or the enemy will have no problems trading.

I'ld disagree.

The reason zoo, and most rush decks in general, are so threatening, is that most classes have extremely limited clear-board AoE options.

For example, most divine shield mass rushes (Shockadin, Zoo) cannot really be dealt with with less then two cards, and most of the time, those two cards need to be played in tandem, and require 5-7 mana. Given these two cards normally result in a good trade, 2 for 3+ or so, that is where most shockadin/zoo steam comes from. It's not that I can't manage to aoe once, and hurt their board, it's the fact that I need to aoe twice.

Meaning I need, usually, to pull an aoe option, twice, which is normally a 2-4 card ordeal. Out of normally 10-12 cards.

A simple card that negated all divine shields, and dealt one damage to anything losing the shields, even if it was a spell (But more likely a battle cry, because it should be available to all classes to deal with these issues).

The issue is that common place minions and divine shield, considered the "stickier" creatures, simply have no realistic answer. Harvest Golem is incredibly strong for a reason, as are Argent Squire and Scarlet Crusader.
Edited by iAmE on 6/6/2014 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Constructed Win Rates
Not only are Warlocks winning the game as far as the winrate is concerned, but they have almost double the representation of the next highest amount of games logged, Druids, with almost 136,000 games! Everyone just loves visiting the Zoo.

Constructed Win Rates
Warlock 52.57% 135901 Games
Shaman 51.10% 63749 Games
Warrior 50.93% 53725 Games
Druid 50.86% 83112 Games
Rogue 49.43% 71183 Games
Hunter 48.58% 60657 Games
Paladin 48.41% 44588 Games
Mage 47.64% 55230 Games
Priest 44.89% 44599 Games

those cells sure duplicate fast!
Reply Quote
If you can't beat them...

http://s30.postimg.org/id1qti8ox/Hearthstone_Screenshot_6_7_2014_12_25_43.png

Been on the other side far too many times. The moment it started the game was over in my favor. This deck takes no skill to play... and it costs virtually nothing. After every match i emote sorry. But not in the trolling way. More in the "i know the feel" way.
Edited by MulletRide on 6/7/2014 3:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sadly I have too much feeling/empathy in my body that I don't really care doing that to another person in order just to get ranked high and get a very very decent win/loose ratio.

I guess it takes a special kind of person who lacks the day to day recognition to get a fuzzy and warm feeling inside when doing such things.
Reply Quote
06/05/2014 05:04 PMPosted by Zveno
Run Sen'jin Shieldmasta.

By turn 4 not even 2 sen'jin shieldmastas will save you
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 03:31 AMPosted by Alone
Yes a blood knight would have been very strong there. Of course there's a good chance it'd be in the other 2/3rds of my deck like my other answers.

When divine shield focused zoo was common, I put in 2 blood knights. A lot of zoo decks just concede when you put out a 6/6 on turn 2-3.
Reply Quote
LMAO Tazdingo has 5HP, that does nothing. A zoolock will just buff 1 minion and its gone, a zoolock has multiple ways to buff. And even if he doesnt have a buff on his hand which is unlikely then he still can soulfire or beat it up with his 7 minions on board.

All this defending bs .... Warlocks hero ability is broken.
Reply Quote
For everyone struggling with their own decks or even other net decks just try zoo for 10 games and I will guarantee it you will see the power that deck has. It's incredible and it's not normal.
Reply Quote
I really don't get why people are complaining about this any more. Ever since people started running mad scientist variants of hunter I haven't seen a single zoo in legend, nor faced one on my smurf. The list is nowhere near as perfected as it used to be and there are a lot of bad versions running around in ranks 7-10 from what I have seen. A lot of people assume the deck to be "mindless" but there is a lot more to it, you lose board and you lose, to get a winrate higher than 55% you have to play around cards and options the same as most.

To avoid any ripostes, I achieved legend for the 3rd time this season, using a mix of Handlock, Aggro hunter (Not midrange and my own build), token druid and tempo warrior. Not been enjoying all the mad scientist hunter and control warrior spam of late though.
Reply Quote
I was having a hard time beating zoo decks so I constructed one and started playing with it. I love my priest deck and will go back to it soon. I did the same thing when I kept losing to hunters: I played hunter to get the perspective from the other side of the board. It's all about learning and having fun playing the game at the end of the day. As for these forums go, take er easy dudes. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]