Now I know why everyone plays zoo

You can hate zoo and still play it because it's the only way to consistently beat zoo decks. I hate zoo decks but boy do I love to bm other zoo players when I beat them. It's worth playing zoo for that alone.
Reply Quote
When i'm playing with frost mage or spell dmg mage, i rarely have problems with zoo.
When i'm playing with secret mage though...
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Noise
When i'm playing with frost mage or spell dmg mage, i rarely have problems with zoo.

Of course you can build a deck that beats zoo but I bet you have problems against most other decks.
Edited by Icon0clast on 6/7/2014 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
haha, you become that which you hate so much, justify it however you like, reach for the stars ^_^
Reply Quote
Zoo is really not that strong. It's simply extremely cheap for how strong it is.
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 07:29 PMPosted by Swalsh
I literally, 99% of the time, NEVER lose to zoo locks. Only normal locks. Idk why everyone QQ's about them so much.

I literally, 99% of the time, NEVER lose to miracle rogues. Only tempo rogues. Idk why everyone QQ's about them so much
Reply Quote
Given how many weenie decks are out there nowadays, I consider AoE to be vital. I put Pyromancer (along with Silence, PW:S, and Smite), Shadow Madness, Abomination, Holy Nova, and even Geddon in my deck.

I still lose to Zoo when I don't get the right draws, but I have a decent fighting chance considering my deck otherwise has no early game at all.

Sadly, those cards aren't too good against, say, control Warriors. But they're OK against a lot of other things, including Shaman and all their little annoying totems and wolves.

I'll be glad when balance changes are made and it's not just about rush (or about killing one Stealthed 4/4) anymore.
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 07:29 PMPosted by Swalsh
I literally, 99% of the time, NEVER lose to zoo locks.

There is a such thing as a bad Zoo player. The fact that it's so cheap and popular means that there will be a lot of people trying it out and misplaying.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
06/07/2014 06:46 PMPosted by Icon0clast
06/07/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Noise

Of course you can build a deck that beats zoo but I bet you have problems against most other decks.

Nope. I play token druid and it does well against zoo and every other deck.
Reply Quote
Zoo isn't strong

Zoo is flexible and reduces the impact of RNG

The point is to have a good response to whatever your opponent plays,It just happens that a good response is often several cheap cards played together and if there is no threat to respond to directly then the same cheap cards do a good job of kicking someone's face in.

There is no way to nerf zoo decks, it's just disappointing that everyone plays the exact same zoo deck. Hopefully in time there will be a selection of good all round decks.
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 08:11 PMPosted by TrinityDejav
Zoo isn't strong

The point is to have a good response to whatever your opponent plays,It just happens that a good response is often several cheap cards played together and if there is no threat to respond to directly then the same cheap cards do a good job of kicking someone's face in.

There is no way to nerf zoo decks, it's just disappointing that everyone plays the exact same zoo deck. Hopefully in time there will be a selection of good all round decks.

true to this but ive alot of aggro mage around rank 20 to 15 and aggro pally around 15 to 8. Aggro pally is my worst match up that i kept get back to lower rank. Every game why do they always have divine favor. -_-
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 08:11 PMPosted by TrinityDejav
Zoo isn't strong

The problem is a lot of small cards are overvalued and a lot of big cards are undervalued. Blizzard did a pretty rough estimate of the mana cost when creating each card. They sort of did it in an (attack + health + ability = estimated mana cost) sort of way, while only partially taking into account the concept of having bodies on the board, and barely measuring the usefulness of each different ability to see if they should account for the same mana value.

A great example of this is Argent Squire (1/1, 1mana) vs Ironfur Grizzly (3/3, 3mana). Each card matches their mana cost both in terms of attack and health, and each has an ability, Divine Shield or Taunt, respectively. However, Divine Shield is arguably a lot more useful than Taunt in most cases, because it can absorb infinite damage on one turn, outside of being silenced or bypassed by an instant kill spell, and considering the pace of this game where most things do not survive past 1 or 2 turns, DS almost always comes out on top. Furthermore, there's the fact that AS can be played earlier, establishing board control. It can pose a threat due to the potential of being buffed up, and requires an immediate response. There's also the fact that more lower cost cards can be played on a single turn, increasing the number of bodies on the board for the player who plays them. This is partially offset by card drain, but that is again offset by Warlock hero power. So a lot of these nuances were simply not taken into account, resulting in the current meta where zoolock is dominating the ladder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]