Sacrifice: Pally Secret

When a minion is destroyed, deal damage equal to its attack to each of your opponent's minions.
Reply Quote
...For 1 mana?
Reply Quote
Retribution sounds like a better name for the card, or heck, Avenge sounds better for this card than the one they are adding.

Regardless, it's actually not a bad secret. Pally needs more controlled direct damage though than AoE.
Reply Quote
This card would be very much like shadowflame, a 4 mana card. Since secrets all have to cost the same amount (to keep them ... secret), this is not doable for paladins.

You might be able to change the effect to 1 damage to ALL minions on a minion death. This would parallel whirlwind, a 1 mana card.
Reply Quote
I rather have something else, we don't need more AoE.

Since we can have 4 cards that reduce attack to 1, we should have a card that destroy a minion with 1 attack or less. That's the kind of card we need, single target destruction.

Only the Strong - 1 Mana
Destroy a minion with 1 attack or less.
Edited by aiDen on 6/9/2014 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 03:22 PMPosted by aiDen
I rather have something else, we don't need more AoE.

Since we can have 4 cards that reduce attack to 1, we should have a card that destroy a minion with 1 attack or less. That's the kind of card we need, single target destruction.

Only the Strong - 1 Mana
Destroy a minion with 1 attack or less.

To me this is way to situational and honestly, weak. If I make the opponent have 0 atk, it is more than likely not a threat or a very small one. We don't need more secrets. At 1 mana cost, we can't have anything too powerful.
Reply Quote
Yeah I like that card coming with the Naxx. Exp. but its a secret so your opponent can only trigger the effect.

But that can be a powerful aoe spell if used when a taunt minion is a the field with a good attack.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 02:50 PMPosted by PPCmaster

You might be able to change the effect to 1 damage to ALL minions on a minion death. This would parallel whirlwind, a 1 mana card.

Secrets are not equitable to spells that you can play reactively. They have conditions under which they activate, and if the opponent successfully guesses what it is, they can easily negate it or even take advantage of it. An explosive trap is 2 to a consecrate's 4 specifically for the reason that it will only ever be useful when you have no minions on your side.

Not to mention, cards are based around the class, not the cards of other classes (otherwise, a straight equivalent to Hunter's Mark would be broken on a Mage).

That being said, as much as I like the concept behind the secret, it is a bit powerful. It has the potential to be combined with Watcher and some sort of taunt for an impenetrable wall that kills anything short of 8 health. Not to mention, it makes even a scrawny monster like a swamp ooze or a Frostwolf Grunt (or good heavens, a Magma Rager!) into a board clearing beast. I suppose you can 'play around it' by attacking over the creature, but that's not an option with an empowered taunt.

I'd mark it as okay if it had some sort of drawback, such as if it affected the ENTIRE board (so a Sunfury Protector won't stay alive), or if it only triggered off of attacks and not spells. Or if the monster doing the attack was unaffected (since it's already receiving return damage). Heck, even if it was based off the attack power of the opponent's monster, then your opponent would have a fair bit of control.
Edited by Teo on 6/11/2014 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]