Can we nerf Warlocks already

06/08/2014 10:10 PMPosted by Windmill
Zoo deck is the most competitive cheap deck that new players can craft. It will never go away unless Blizzard wants to completely discourage new players from getting anywhere.

This argument cracks me up every time. Why?

1. Ranking doesn't matter. And every special snowflake should be able to get to rank 20
2. A new player's zoolock deck won't be as good as the netdecks. So it won't help him much to win games
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 02:01 AMPosted by TranceFox
06/09/2014 01:02 AMPosted by Goozmania

Srs?

Their hero power, dufus... The ridiculous ability that facilitates what is, essentially, cheating.

You are an idiot. Ben Brode, a head developer for Hearthstone said in an interview warlocks hero ability is not even being looked at, warlocks in general are not even being looked at and they are working as intended.

^ This. If that's really what you want for a nerf, then keep crying, because you'll never get it. Blizzard is set on the hero powers we have as they are now. Good luck with your wishes.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 01:02 AMPosted by Goozmania

Srs?

Their hero power, dufus... The ridiculous ability that facilitates what is, essentially, cheating.

You are an idiot. Ben Brode, a head developer for Hearthstone said in an interview warlocks hero ability is not even being looked at, warlocks in general are not even being looked at and they are working as intended.

Before you call others names you should think hard and long why in most card games card draw is very restricted. Just take Magic the Gathering as an example. But hey, if Ben Brode said it, we all have to like it, because he must be right. Personally I'd put my money on the devs of the other games.
Reply Quote
Aside from mortal coil on a minion with 1 health, Warlocks have no other card draw... if they nerf the Warlock hero power, they'll have to completely rework the whole class.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 04:01 AMPosted by TSgtSeuss
Aside from mortal coil on a minion with 1 health, Warlocks have no other card draw... if they nerf the Warlock hero power, they'll have to completely rework the whole class.
Then they rework it. Or maybe you just add a couple new cards with draw features. I don't particularly care the route needed to fix it, I'm just tired of the idiocy behind people acting like it's not FUBAR.
Reply Quote
These forums are so silly. When people know they are wrong, they just start throwing "idiot" around. This is like the third thread in the past hour.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 04:10 AMPosted by Goozmania
These forums are so silly. When people know they are wrong, they just start throwing "idiot" around. This is like the third thread in the past hour.

Or they make up lies and expect not to be called out for them.
Reply Quote
This just in: Warlock being the number 1 most played class in constructed by far, as well as the class the highest win rate (also by far) is a lie!

wait a minute, no it isn't: http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/1748-hearthstats-march-stats
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 04:15 AMPosted by Con
06/09/2014 04:10 AMPosted by Goozmania

Or they make up lies and expect not to be called out for them.

Jup, the data mined is totally wrong. 75k+ players aren't representative
Reply Quote
Playing whack-a-mole with aggro-deck-of-the-month is not a reasonable response. A reasonable response is to add new cards to the game that shift the balance a bit. If only there were an announced product that purports to add new cards to the game. *sigh* but would that actually happen?

** Google starts suggesting as soon as I type "N", but that's because Google knows me well...
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 07:58 AMPosted by Teatime
Playing whack-a-mole with aggro-deck-of-the-month is not a reasonable response. A reasonable response is to add new cards to the game that shift the balance a bit. If only there were an announced product that purports to add new cards to the game. *sigh* but would that actually happen?

** Google starts suggesting as soon as I type "N", but that's because Google knows me well...

It is how Blizzard has approached every other single game they've released in the past 20 years, and it's seemed to work in their favor.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 07:58 AMPosted by Teatime

Yeah, and if those cards would only counter such decks...mhmm...Nerubian Egg...ummm...yeah, I totally see such decks in trouble.
Reply Quote
06/08/2014 10:37 PMPosted by Phox

I've hit legend every season since launch.......my opinion is opinion but likely fact.

Ahahaha gtfo nabzor
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 03:50 AMPosted by Musikaman

Ben Brode couldn't balance a book on top of a sandwich. He's a complete and total moron and the primary reason this game isn't balanced. There is zero reason not to balance the game prior to new cards being released except for his utter inadequacy as a human being.

Warlock's hero power is overpowered. Period. No class in this game should be able to draw cards so easily or they all should. Stats don't lie. Everyone keeps making the argument that Warlock's class cards suck. That may be so. If that's the case, then their dominant win rate must be coming from something else. I wonder what that could possibly be? /sarcasm

Soulfire and Doomguard need to be changed to force discards and Soulfire needs to cost 1 mana.

Molten Giant needs a minimum cost so it can't be played for free.

Warlock needs a new hero power that doesn't involve card draw. Anyone who thinks differently has no idea how to objectively look at the meta and figure out what makes it tick... similar to Ben Brode.

You do realize, every class has a hero power.... no?
Reply Quote
I don't know, if they changed warlock power from 2 health/2 man for 1 card to 2 health for two mana would you be happy?

I certainly could handle that :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]