just pulled golden sword of justice

anyone know how well this card works in control pala? I've tried a couple gems and it really helps
Reply Quote
It's mediocre in my opinion. You spend an entire turn to get it out and it interrupts the turn 4 Truesilver
Reply Quote
It's not great but not bad either. So it fits fine in a paladin deck given our options. Its viability really depends on who you're facing. I've found it pretty awesome against Miracle Rogue as my little guys get to survive while they fish.

It's ok vs Mage/Druid as their hero power loses some of its umph. And decent against Warlock who loses the ability to Mortal Coil us for a bit.
Reply Quote
My deck is Control, but more of a mesh of things. Personally I've had SoJ help me tremendously. I don't really consider it a 3 drop to be honest, moreso a late game after Truesilver has run out. When you really need a Taunt in the later game, and he needs that one more attack/life point, it can really be a game changer. Especially if you run token characters (e.g. Silver Hand Knight), it will spit out a 5/5 and a 3/3 for 5 mana rather than a 4/4 and a 2/2. I know it doesn't seem like much right away, but long term over the course of the game, it's really helped.

That, and think about casting that, and for 4 turns you get a 2/2 for 2 mana rather than a 1/1. It does effect Hero Power minions as well. Lastly, in a REAL pinch, I've seen a 4/4 taunt on their side, and a sheeped 1/1 minion and Rag on mine. They had 8 life left, and I had 12. To guarantee that win, I consecrated, dropping him to a 4/2, ran the sheep in to down him to a 4/1, then attacked with the SoJ for that last attack point to take out the only minion left on his side, guaranteeing the RNG for Rag to go to the face and get me the win.

That is extremely situational, but just think of a really beefed up Light's Justice, that beefs minions every time you can't use the 1 attack. I personally run 1 in my deck, and love it :-D
Reply Quote
Love it, Can't live without it in my control pally.
Reply Quote
Love it, Can't live without it in my control pally.
Reply Quote
I think it works well if you can play it and a minion on the same turn. Playing it on turn 3 really slows down your game and gets in the way of Truesilver. If you can play it later, you probably already used up Truesilver and you'll get better value out of it.
Reply Quote
Golden Sword of Truth was my first golden. I love the idea of the card, and ran a reasonably successful deck in season 1 based around it, but it's simply too slow for the current meta.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]