I'm new, so I need some advise please :-)

I have Tirion Fordring and Ragnaros, and I'm looking for my 3rd Legendary. Any suggestions? I run a Control deck with medium amount of taunts and a decent amount of heals as well. Any suggestions are greatly welcomed. My ideas are:

Deathwing (I have no real board clear until I get Pyro and Equality, and constantly find my losses to be late game when they have a full board with my hand quite empty)

Leeroy Jenkins (Granted I'm control, I have no instant impact minions other than Rag who is RNG based, and would again help with large taunt clear)

Hogger (It would just be nice to have late game taunts at no cost, and use this to possibly draw out the Hard Removals to safely play Tirion or Rag)

Sylvannas Windrunner (I'm a little iffy on this one, mainly because it's slightly RNG based, however if I can use her to take out one of the 2 remaining minions to steal the last one, it would be nice. I can't think of much other reasoning though lol)

Illidan Stormrage (I like the idea of every time I play a card, I get a free 2/1, as well as the 7/5 in himself, but I'm not too sure if it'd be worth it in my control deck as I may only get 1-2 cards out of it before end of turn, leaving him open to removal without much else)

Those are just the ones that pop from my looking, so if you'd like to pick from that list, that's more than fine. But I may have missed one that would be better. I just need a list of a few, ordered if possible, to know what I should do so I can plan my next few Legendary crafts :-) Thanks in advance!!
Reply Quote
Cairne. He is the most consistently useful Legendary in almost all decks.

But if you're missing class staples like Equality I would honestly start there.
Reply Quote
Thanks flyingtoastr! I was almost kind of hoping I'd pull equality or pyromancer in a pack, so that's the only reason I haven't crafted them yet lol. I appreciate the insight though and probably will start there. :-D

As far as Cairne, he's definitely on my list, I just wasn't sure why he should be at the top. Any wisdom as to why he's consistently run? I didn't want to pick him just because everyone picks him lol. I know he's only really weak to hard removal spells and silence (silence only making him an expensive Yeti, but still nice to draw out the silence for later minions).
Reply Quote
If you really like your deck and want to keep almost all the cards, pick the legendary that make your mana curve the best. A lot of the 8+ legendaries are awesome, but a deck with ALL of them is totally useless.
If you for example like Hammer of Wrath and Concecration then maybe Bloodmage Thalnos?
Reply Quote
Cairne is probably the best choice, It's lower in the curve and the only card it will compete for play with is Avenging Wrath.

That said I wouldn't purchase him just yet. You need to craft two copies of equality first, equality will save you and win you games Cairne rarely will. Pyromancer I don't run I dislike the complete board wipe. I prefer getting the free shot with my remaining minions. If you're concerned with frequency think about Avenging Wrath as well. I run two one usually as a board wipe the other as a nuke when I have a clear board.
Reply Quote
06/11/2014 02:29 PMPosted by Apparition

As far as Cairne, he's definitely on my list, I just wasn't sure why he should be at the top. Any wisdom as to why he's consistently run? I didn't want to pick him just because everyone picks him lol. I know he's only really weak to hard removal spells and silence (silence only making him an expensive Yeti, but still nice to draw out the silence for later minions).

Cairne is everything you could ask for in a card. He's got solid stats that can make him a threat, even late game, at a lower cost than most good Legendaries. He's got enough attack to be threatening to most minions and enough health to eat nearly any damage removal spell and survive or trade favorably with most minions. He also clones himself on death, making him that much harder to clear.

That effect is the real key, though. Your opponent can destroy Cairne, but a copy pops right up. With the 5 health, he can often trade into a couple of enemy minions before going down, generating huge board advantage. Or he can eat a direct removal spell like Assassinate or multiple direct damage spells. Yet neither one hurts you particularly much, because the same sized body comes right back.

Which, of course, means your opponent is going to do everything in their power to get that effect off of him. Yes, he's a prime target for Silence, Poly, and Hex. And that's his job.

I always play my Cairne under the assumption that he's going to eat one of those Silence/Transform effects. And that's why I play him. Every effect or removal spell that Cairne takes is one less that can be played against my Tirion or Ysera. Cairne's purpose in my deck is to hit the board earlier than my real threats to force my opponent to ditch the cards they could use against my endgame. He's a sacrificial cow, a force multiplier that simply makes it harder for my opponents to respond to my other major cards.

And if they don't use one, I've still got a self-replicating beefcake tearing up their board. Which is also pretty sweet.
Edited by flyingtoastr on 6/11/2014 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sylvanas or Cairne in combination with redemption :) im actually thinking myself about getting one of them for my control deck
Reply Quote
Deathwing is not that good for pally. Usually you play death wing you lose the game. (Deathwing was my first legend.)

Carine and Sylvanas are definitly your best choice.
Black Knight is also good for removal.

For late game removal, also use the Peace keeper + Kodo combo (that just gets you some more removal options.)
Edited by Shuning on 6/12/2014 2:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 for Cairne & Sylvannas. Cairne is the bread and butter choice. Sylvannas is the tech choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]