Lord Jaraxxus Got Owned.

I was in a Lock vs Lock matchup. This is how the game ended. HE had 12 health left.

ON HIS TURN
-Lord Jaraxxus is Played! (minion, Demon)
*(Battlecry - Destroy your hero and replace him with Lord Jaraxxus.)
FYI The New Hero attack is (2)-Summon a 6/6 infernal.

{turn over}

{ON MY TURN}

-I light a cigarette.
-I sip my beer.
-I play 'Sacrificial Pact' at the cost of (0).
*(Destroy a demon. Restore 5 health to your hero.)

THE END.

I cast this spell at the cost of Zero on the Hero. IT didn't show it, but I assumed it would work since he is now a Demon according to the battlecry of the card he played. It worked. He had 12 health. INSTANTLY DEAD. FELT GREAT.
Reply Quote
For most people who come on the forums and read about the game, this is common knowledge, but I can only imagine how amazing it must feel to think to try this, and then for it to work, on your own.
Reply Quote
Sacrificial Pact is a terrible card, you shouldn't have it in your deck. Sure, once in a blue moon it kills an opposing Warlock outright after he plays Jaraxxus, in all other times however it's a completely useless card.
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 05:20 AMPosted by OwlRaider
Sacrificial Pact is a terrible card, you shouldn't have it in your deck. Sure, once in a blue moon it kills an opposing Warlock outright after he plays Jaraxxus, in all other times however it's a completely useless card.

It's actually good against any warlock. Even destroying a Flame Imp/Voidwalker and gaining 5 life for 0 will really screw over Zoo.

Though if you want anti-zoo cards, there are better options that aren't dead in other matchups.
Reply Quote
Once, a priest Thoughtstole a Felguard and a Demonfire (Yes, I play felguard in a funsies Summoning Portal deck).

He played it out, and buffed it to 5/7 with Demonfire. I threw my sac pact at it, and he conceded.

Sac Pact is (perhaps) worth running!
Reply Quote
FYI, Sac.Pact is a great card. helped me against priests.
once against an MCed infernal and the other time, listen to this, a priest who thoughtsteal a Jaraxxus from me.
made me soooooo happy. dmanned priests and their stolen cards.
I bet he didn't see that one coming :)
Reply Quote
Sac. Pact is a terribly designed card, it's either useless or far too good, and the only reason it's been left alone IMO is that currently the times it's useless far outweight the times it's useful. That said, I agree it must be horribly satisfying to kill an Eradar with it, especially if you only just thought of it for the first time in that moment.

On a related note, I was horribly disappointed when I couldn't use Sac. Pact to kill demons that I had Enslaved in WoW.
Reply Quote
In the same way, I was terribly disappointed to discover that "naturalize" [Druid] didn't kill him :( (Knowing that sacrificial pact did.)
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 07:14 AMPosted by Sinis
Once, a priest Thoughtstole a Felguard and a Demonfire (Yes, I play felguard in a funsies Summoning Portal deck).

He played it out, and buffed it to 5/7 with Demonfire. I threw my sac pact at it, and he conceded.

Sac Pact is (perhaps) worth running!

06/07/2014 08:57 AMPosted by IamNotAnumbr
FYI, Sac.Pact is a great card. helped me against priests.
once against an MCed infernal and the other time, listen to this, a priest who thoughtsteal a Jaraxxus from me.
made me soooooo happy. dmanned priests and their stolen cards.
I bet he didn't see that one coming :)

You're not going to see a lot of priests past rank 15.
Reply Quote
Naturalize specifies "Minion." Sac. Pact does not.
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 03:56 PMPosted by Greywind
You're not going to see a lot of priests past rank 15.

Sure, but, honestly I only play locks for funsies anyway.
Reply Quote
Most of the folks here who belittle Sac Pact and say its a terrible card are warlocks who don't want it played against their doomguard, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]