When Zoo says Sorry

06/06/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Diminish

playing a deck that requires little skill.

there is no skill in a game that favors heavy RNG
Edited by Jezal on 6/6/2014 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blame Blizzard for enticing people with $150,000 to reach top 16 each season.
Competition and reward breed bad practices like netdecked rush.
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 03:48 PMPosted by Jezal

There is NO skill in poker, ladies and gentlemen.
You heard it here first.
Reply Quote
No not really, it me most Zoo decks are just missing the lore of the game.

I get the game is about winning, but when everyone plays the same deck (or almost everyone) it kinda ruins the fun.

My post was meant for the OP's point of view, all and all it's just a game. Just my two cents.
Reply Quote
This is a good point. Games are pretty fast with Zoo, regardless if you win or lose. I bet it cuts down on the grind time a lot, especially once you aren't getting bonus stars. Is Zoo viable once you reach legend? Or does pretty much every deck played in legend shut it down?

Yes, there has been a lot of zoo in legend lately but you will see some new frost mages that are somewhat favorable matchup against zoo.
Otherwise zoo is not exactly too reliable, watcher druid and handlock are still ok against zoo so is control warrior.

Miracle is still ideal to rank up reliably though, but two new to-the-face hyper aggro decks appeared that aim to beat miracle before it does its stuff.
Edited by Talavaj on 6/6/2014 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just one thing, nobody is forcing any of you to play zoo except yourselves! You just have to get some self respect. Your basically saying if you can't beat them join them which is frankly pathetic.

Just a general thought on what was written in the opening post.
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Proletariat
06/06/2014 03:48 PMPosted by Jezal

You heard it here first.

Whatever skill involved in poker has nothing to do with the actual card game, itself... so no, there is no skill in poker...
Reply Quote
I can't use it. Not now not ever. Thought of using Zoo just turns my stomach. I'd rather cut off my genitals and staple them on to a cow.
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 06:07 PMPosted by Goozmania
06/06/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Proletariat
You heard it here first.

Whatever skill involved in poker has nothing to do with the actual card game, itself... so no, there is no skill in poker...

Er...

1. Betting is part of the game (indeed a rather important part).

2. Calculating probability, including based on clues (how much others bet, what cards if any are visible, etc.) is likewise important. Particularly for poker games which involve playing/trading cards rather than simply going off of what's dealt.
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 07:03 PMPosted by Adaytha
I can't use it. Not now not ever. Thought of using Zoo just turns my stomach. I'd rather cut off my genitals and staple them on to a cow.

At least someone here has some self respect
Reply Quote
Yup. I played zoo just because I wanted to see how retardedly far I can go before the season ends. I got to rank 3... from rank 14... in four days. I was one of those people who said "sorry" to those who were not playing zoolock, aggro, handlock or miracle rogue. Even if they did BM me for playing zoolock.

Now, I'm having a grand old time in rank 16 playing retarded decks built around Lorewalker Cho, Faceless Manupulators, and Malygos. Good times. Far more fun than the mostly brainless zoolock.
Reply Quote
I've now uninstalled because of Zoo.

I literally set a challenge of 'only play the cards in the order you received them' to show my wife how mindless the deck is (she plays priest and was getting mad at zoo locks) and unless i had a doom guard in my opening hand you still win most of the time.

Unlike the deck i play 95% of the time which is druid, which seems balanced and solid, except against zoo... then i'm reliant on a very good opening hand and lucky draws to even stand a chance.

Modifying the deck to just counter zoo results in just dropping ranks as i'll then get a bunch of match ups against other classes.

I hope the naxxrammas patch breaks warlock entirely and they are swallowed into the nether. I've played plenty of other card games, and the meta has not been as one sided in them - maybe its the carrot of $250k cash prizes that has brought out the lowest denominator in the game, making it not fun for anyone not playing the 'one deck to zerg them all'. Might as well just have zoo locks and hand locks in the game and get rid of the other classes.
Reply Quote
06/07/2014 08:00 PMPosted by Lightridge
I've now uninstalled because of Zoo.

I literally set a challenge of 'only play the cards in the order you received them' to show my wife how mindless the deck is (she plays priest and was getting mad at zoo locks) and unless i had a doom guard in my opening hand you still win most of the time.

Unlike the deck i play 95% of the time which is druid, which seems balanced and solid, except against zoo... then i'm reliant on a very good opening hand and lucky draws to even stand a chance.

Modifying the deck to just counter zoo results in just dropping ranks as i'll then get a bunch of match ups against other classes.

I hope the naxxrammas patch breaks warlock entirely and they are swallowed into the nether. I've played plenty of other card games, and the meta has not been as one sided in them - maybe its the carrot of $250k cash prizes that has brought out the lowest denominator in the game, making it not fun for anyone not playing the 'one deck to zerg them all'. Might as well just have zoo locks and hand locks in the game and get rid of the other classes.

I don't blame you, take a break and come back after Naxx. The issue with Zoo is there isn't even a specific deck; it's a philosophy. I've seen all types of Zoo decks; not just necessarily the ones with divine shield. Seems like just about any cheap neutral minion will work as long as you spam the board.
Reply Quote
That's funny, I agree with you but I feel even dirtier playing priest. At least Zoo doesn't steal anything.

Now maybe you're like me and you play priest without any steal cards but I doubt it.
Reply Quote
If you're really sorry don't even play this stupid braindead deck, becauses there are not real rewards for being legendary. I think you should be sorry for contributing to dumb down this game, which is a joke right now skill wise.
Reply Quote
Getting to legend with zoo doesn't count.
Reply Quote
06/08/2014 06:57 AMPosted by Marchenoir
That's funny, I agree with you but I feel even dirtier playing priest. At least Zoo doesn't steal anything.

Now maybe you're like me and you play priest without any steal cards but I doubt it.

Priests don't win games, that's the difference.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]