Please buff Paladins...

My favorite deck is the Paladin deck. I have built a deck thats designed to be a mid-range type deck. Not going to lie, I loose way more than I win with it, despite the fact that I have the Pally legendary card in it. The problem is, the Paladin deck lacks hard removals. Other than True Silver Champion and Hammer of Wrath - Costing 4 mana each - they don't have much going for them. The worse they can do to a minion is just reduce its attack to 1- which can just be silenced and restored back to full. They have the Equality / Pyormancer / Concecration / Avenging wrath combo which is amazing for clearing the board, but that requires at least 5 mana depending on which cards you use.

They seriously need to be buffed. While I do get my fair share of wins, I mainly lose to rush decks, which is the only type of deck people these days seem to play. Didn't play season one ranked, finished rank 15 season 2, currently rank 18. I have multiple decks that I use, but I only use my Paladin deck for Ranked matches and as you can see, it does pretty bad. Either buff current removal cards, or create newer / better ones for the future. Last I checked they are the what... 2nd worst class in the game? Paladins are just terribly unbalanced in a bad way and could use some love next patch. It sucks to be an easy win for other players, would like it if I could actually put up a good fight.
Edited by Jackalack on 6/9/2014 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Paladin removal seems more than fine to me.

Your issue seems to be with rush decks. Maybe put more early game or anti-weenie stuff in your deck?
Reply Quote
Until Turn 3 pally is blank in removal.

Lights Justice? No.
Reply Quote
I just played against a Murloc Paladin. I have no idea what to think about that. He did have a pretty great opening though, he started with a Murloc Raider and then on turn two used Hand of Protection and Blessing of Wisdom on it.
Reply Quote
Paladins are already awesome.

Equality is grossly, grossly overpowered in many situations, combined with pyromancer it's a beyond perfect board clear.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 07:33 PMPosted by Died

Equality is grossly, grossly overpowered in many situations, combined with pyromancer it's a beyond perfect board clear.

That kills you minions also. Equality has a lot of good cards that combo with it.

Equ. + Pyro is like brawl for warriors. Works good if needed but it most cases it just sits in your hand.

I would like to see HoW mana cost reduced to 2-3 with the damage adjusted. If it becomes a 3 make it do 2 damage if it becomes a 2 make it do 1 damage but leave the +1 draw on the card.

Most of the paladins removal is AoE which isn't a bad thing but I would like to see a few cards that do single target removal also other then HoW. But lack of single target removal seems to be a general issue a lot of classes have in common.
Reply Quote
buff plallys in wow pls blizz
Reply Quote
On paper it looks good. However it doesn't work that 3 class power can directly counter paladin power.
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 07:33 PMPosted by Died

sarcasm
Reply Quote
Why are we not counting Humility nor Aldor Peacekeeper as soft removal? Essentially moving a card's attack to 1 is basically making them a non-threat in the period when you need it. Why has we not count Repentence as a form of soft removal? Since it lowers a card's health to 1 on summon.

I believe Paladin has plenty of ways to remove or make cards useless, but a lack of hard removal. Sure Paladin has a lot of combos (Equality/Pyro or Aldor/Kodo) but that doesnt solve that problem.

A second issue is that Paladin doesnt really have a great early game with their class cards. Unlike some other classes, their Hero powers and class cards help create an early game that Paladins can not even copy to an extent. Silver Hand Recruit is such a dumb hero power and straight useless against three classes even.

A third issue is Paladin cannot late game burst against late game control. Every class has a way to deal with late game control except Paladins.

A fourth issue is Tirion is so underwhelming as a class legendary, and could be even classified as the worst of the class legendaries. He doesn't have an immediate impact like other class cards and is VERY easily dealt with since most classes in this meta run owls (Hunter), MC (priest), Hex (shaman), Faceless (Control decks). The instant Tirion gets silenced, hex'd, or dealt with its a huge tempo disadvantage.

A fifth issue is 4 mana. Anyone who plays Paladin understands what I am talking about here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]