Ysera Useless? Need help with deck...

Hi,

Finally finished my deck a few weeks ago after a ton of arena runs and im doing quite well with it :)

But my problem is with ysera and the knife juggler they seem useless in my deck when i reach 9 mana there always seems to be better plays i have quite the high winrate % with my deck just have some trouble with priests and thats about it... the moment i reach 9 mana im already winning the game or she can't help me winning it anymore so i never actually get to play her except for fun here is my deck any general suggestions to somehow improve it would be really nice [:)] im getting cairne soon or sylvanas in combination with redemption it seems like a really nice card to have might remove ysera then and maybe switch a few cards around

Deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/paladin#23:2;25:2;73:1;142:2;191:2;260:2;293:2;383:2;386:2;391:1;422:1;450:1;475:2;495:1;503:1;506:1;542:2;567:1;657:2;
Edited by Azrael on 6/11/2014 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ysera isnt useless, just slow. With all the aggro around, a lot of times it's a dead card.

Maybe try something like Guardian of Kings, so you can heal yourself up and get a good creature down, also consider putting Stampeding Kodo in there somewhere.

Aldor + Kodo = Instant Removal
Reply Quote
You may want to try argent commander as well. With charge + divine shield he trades 2 for 1 easily with a lot of common minions like azure drake and dark iron and makes a decent finisher. With 2x redemption you can bring him back with his shield too.
Reply Quote
Ysera is powerful because of her board presence. She immediately cantrips, and has the potential to provide you with a ton of free advantage if she sticks around. So naturally she becomes a magnet for opponents. She falls in the sweet spot between Shadow Word Pain and Death, isn't targetable by BGH, and still has just enough attack to be dangerous to most minions, even late game. Her giant health pool means it takes multiple attacks or damaging removal spells to clear her. And even if she eats a silence, her stats are big enough to make her useful.

Unless your opponent has a pocket Assassinate or Poly/Hex, she's going to trade favorably. The problem is simply that in the current meta against most decks the game is already decided by turn 9. In and of herself Ysera is a fantastic card, aggro is just too popular at the moment.
Edited by flyingtoastr on 6/11/2014 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aldor + kodo why didnt i think of that? great combo

hmm switched the knife juggler out for an ironbeak owl and ysera for kodo played a few games and seems to be working better than before that kodo was more usefull than the ysera would ever be,
kinda sad since it was my first legendary and its now sitting around without being used.... out of 20 games there was only one game where i tought hmm instead of that kodo ysera would have been great... and i still won that game :/

I know that ysera is a great card and fits perfectly into any control deck ..in theory
but the experience i had with her is that it doesnt really matter against what type of deck i play there seems to always be a better play than ysera...

what do you guys think about a bloodknight in there?
Edited by Azrael on 6/11/2014 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Azrael
Aldor + kodo why didnt i think of that? great combo

hmm switched the knife juggler out for an ironbeak owl and ysera for kodo played a few games and seems to be working better than before that kodo was more usefull than the ysera would ever be,
kinda sad since it was my first legendary and its now sitting around without being used.... out of 20 games there was only one game where i tought hmm instead of that kodo ysera would have been great... and i still won that game :/

I know that ysera is a great card and fits perfectly into any control deck ..in theory
but the experience i had with her is that it doesnt really matter against what type of deck i play there seems to always be a better play than ysera...

what do you guys think about a bloodknight in there?

Im not a big fan of Ysera, which is why i crafted Ragnaros over her, which worked wonders for me. As for bloodknight, it could be useful, ive seen a lot of zoolocks and druids running Argent Squires and Scarlet crusaders, it could be quite a surprise but Id make sure you have your own shield minions in your deck just in case, otherwise he may be too situational
Reply Quote
i got 2 argent protectors in there :) i can always shield my minion and play the bloodknight but i don't know if bloodknight fits the theme of my deck its an agressive card im not about being agressive, but control always trading and making it imposible for them to clean my board at the same time,
but i see some synergy scarlet crusader with redemption will be almost impossible to clean in the early rounds and a 6/6 bloodknight at mana 4 sounds kinda nice possibly at 3 with coin i will have to try it out in a few games and he is a removal magnet hex or sheep so i can play tirion a lot safer :)
Edited by Azrael on 6/12/2014 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]