What's so bad about zoo?

Wrath really gets you nowhere, a random 1 for 1 trade that often loses you tempo isn't really the greatest of answers. In the games where you try to answer Zoo, you will almost invariably lose because even the best case scenario of a turn 4 1 for 4 with Swipe will just lead to him repopulating his board with you having nothing.
Even if you draw and curve out perfectly, you will usually end up at low life before you more or less stabilize the board, but in general the immense tempo of Zoo just overwhelms you as you play out midrange fat threats that - while they seem resilient - are just extremely vulnerable to the tempo swing cards you face.

The only realistic chance is to hope that the warlock has a turn where he can't properly develop his board so you can take control and pressure his board/life total. Since this morning (Europe here), I have played 19 games against zoo (between rank 1 and 3) and at the moment it's 12-7 in their favour, with my wins being mostly due to their failure more than to anything I did.

And again, more spot removal is really bad as answer to zoo as trading one for one is exactly what they want you to do.
Reply Quote
Can you break it down by coin? I'm not great at the game but it's the only matchup I feel is unwinnable (I checked, I'm 17-14 against Druid, so it's only the taunt build I'm struggling against. I'm guessing it's something like 0-4 against that and have never felt close to winning or that I was unlucky) It doesn't seem a very good deck, so it's possible it's some mid-rank meta build to murder all the Zoo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]