Prime ex. of why Pally hero power is useless

I don't see what's so bad about giving it charge. If you left them there all game the most damage they'd add would be 1.
Example:
leave it up 4 turns.
No-charge:Charge
0:1
1:2
2:3
3:4

As for adding buffs to it, I'd hardly call that worth it. 2 mana for a 1/1 charge just so you can buff seems rather weak. But I suppose there is still potential I.e. Hero power+BOM 3 mana and a card to kill 4 toughness (azure drake, gadgetzan), but that just doesn't seem like it'd be a favorable trade considering how weak BOM is. Perhaps it could be unbuffable but the more complicated it becomes the more unlikely I feel it would get changed

also taunt
Edited by Snufleupagus on 7/5/2014 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I find it sad that people don't realize the amount of control summoning a 1/1 gives you. It is pretty well known that Paladins have great buffs. Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, Hand of Protection, Argent Protector, etc. Plus, there are other ways to buff the minion. So, knowing that, people are less likely to let even a 1/1 recruit hang around, because it COULD be come deadly. That means you have the power of spending two mana in an attempt to control what your opponent does his next turn. I have played a Priest before (I am using this example because I have seen it as one used by the people who complain) and played a turn 2 recruit to their turn 1 or 2 Cleric. Yes I know they can easily remove my recruit and draw a card, but you know what they can't do? Anything else that turn, which means now I get to play a 3 drop against their Cleric. And if they use SW:P to remove that you know what else they get to do on their turn 3? Attack for 1 damage. At best they can coin out another 2 drop. Now it is my turn 4 and Paladins have great turn 4 drops, not to mention guess what minion drops on turn 4 that Priests HATE to see. Yeti. So, I played my first 4 turns knowing full well that my opponent might draw an extra card, SW:P my 3 drop and APPEAR to have board control. But, on my turn 4 I drop a Yeti on to a board that they only have a Cleric on. From that point on I get tons of other 4 attack drops: Abomination, 2 Azure Drakes, Sunwalker/Cairne, etc. Pretty soon it snowballs and the priest struggles to deal with all the 4 attack minions. And, guess what it all started with that turn 2 recruit summon. A recruit literally dictated the way a game played out. Outstanding in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Its not completely useless, it forces the opponent to kill your tokens every turn, which usually means they have to use their hero power as well on it, meaning 2 less mana for their other plays. If you only play it when you have spare mana, you're not losing anything while limiting their options on the next turn.
That said it certainly seems weaker than any other hero power, now that armor up actually matters.
Reply Quote
Either charge or make them 1/2.
Reply Quote
... And, guess what it all started with that turn 2 recruit summon. A recruit literally dictated the way a game played out. Outstanding in my opinion.

That's quite some rose-tinted glasses you have there. What's more likely to happen in that kind of scenario is that, after you drop out your recruit, the priest is going to run their cleric into your minion, coin out an Injured Blademaster, and then Circle of Healing both of them, drawing two cards. Congratulations, you just spent 2 mana to give your opponent a card (and, I suppose, prevent one damage to yourself).

The recruit isn't bad. Spending 2 mana for a 1/1 is fine. It's just worse than every other Hero Power out there, barring (debatably) the Warrior's shield-up, which is only showing it's strength in one specific Control build.

Others have already said it. In most circumstances, our power acts as a delayed "deal one damage to a minion". This ability allows us to perform good trades. The only problem is that the mage, druid, and rogue all do it better, as their abilities are on demand. The hero power was supposed to be uplifted by synergizing with our class cards, but one of our three buffs are useless, and the Recruit actually destroys the usage of what would otherwise be a more worthwhile secret.

If you want to mention about how the recruit can conceivably deal 10 damage over 10 rounds, and how that's stronger than anything else another hero power can do, then first, remember that the goal isn't to deal the most damage, but to deal the required damage *first*, and two, that same logic would also state that when the Mage picks off the last point of health on a Yeti with a Fireblast, she's prevented 4 damage every round the yeti would have otherwise existed. So over six rounds, that's like healing 24 damage for 2 mana.

I love the paladin. I love the cards. The recruit isn't a bad ability, and it does help out with the occasional point of damage, or a surprise Equality. But our power does not support our class to the same degree that the other class powers support them. Shaman totems that can shield, take *2* points to die, or buff the minimum of 6 spell cards in their decks? Mages that are unparallelled in their ability to trade efficiently? Hunters that can always put out pressure? Our power was meant for more, same as the warrior shielding, but the usable cards just don't add up.
Edited by Wards on 7/7/2014 6:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's not that the hero power is underpowered, it's just way too slow. In a meta where games end with Leeroy + a trillion shadowsteps or Overwhelm and all that garbage, or Force of Nature + Savage Roar at turn 9, Paladins suck
Reply Quote
Sorry about not responding. OP here. Sitting on the side lines, still bickering to myself as to how terrible Paladin hero power is.

Here's another screen shot, though.
http://i.imgur.com/xutw6cu.jpg

I should've won this, I controlled the board the entire game and he even ran out of F!@#$ing cards. Her hero power just trumped me in the end.

Too many BS cards attacking my hero directly / freezing all of my minions.

Edit: I only see how our 1/1 spawn is intimidating, only if we have a Sword of Justice active by round 2. Giving us a 2/2. Only thing is, you better have good RNG if you want to control early. with Sword of Justice - otherwise, it's still cannon-fodder. Anyways. Back to the sidelines I go.
Edited by Bodywrecker on 7/7/2014 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd also like to add my twitch, where I stream this game quite often. I've spent over a hundred dollars on just my paladin deck alone, and every single other one trumps paladin.
I'm actually doing something the devs don't do - playing this game.

I know. i play it. I've played it up to level 51 at this point, and the carelessness of Blizzard to not give a damn about Paladins in this game is obvious. It's blatant - they want Hunters and Mages to dominate this game.

http://www.twitch.tv/jay8bit

I really don't care to get my twitch out there - the point is to show how terrible paladin deck is. All of our cards cost 5+ that are barely useful mid/late game. Paladin is completely incapable of a sustainable rush deck, and we are the only deck that can not directly hit or control the opposing player while there is a taunt up on the other side of the board, whereas both mages and hunter can use their power to get free hits anywhere at anytime on the board.

Paladin deck = Pray to the RNG god or you are going to lose - you will never be a high ranked Paladin, unless luck is on your side.
Reply Quote

Agreed. I think the community as a whole for the most part agrees with this. Give the little 1/1 charge and things will be much better for paladin.

I don't play control so I don't know how much this would benefit you guys really, but it could be huge for you too for all I know.

Anyway, add charge to pally power is definitely the idea I back strongly and hope they will implement eventually.

Giving it charge would be so OP. Kings and Might would make pally agro decks unstoppable.
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Oriox
Giving it charge would be so OP. Kings and Might would make pally agro decks unstoppable.

You mean the same way how Rogues, Hunters, and Druids can do exactly what you're talking about already with endless combos?

Kings and Might - we're only given 2 of these cards each. If you can't handle 4 cards, then I don't know what to suggest.
Edited by Bodywrecker on 7/8/2014 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 08:48 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
07/08/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Oriox

You mean the same way how Rogues, Hunters, and Druids can do exactly what you're talking about already with endless combos?

No, no they can't. None of those classes can create a 4-1 or 5-5 minion with charge from their hero power. Rogues and druids powers are also limited to 1 or 2 turns and force a face hit. Not even close to the same. I don't even know what you mean by hunter because their hero power is a flat 2 dmg.

Kings and Might - we're only given 2 of these cards each. If you can't handle 4 cards, then I don't know what to suggest.

I don't even know what this is suppose to mean.
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 09:31 PMPosted by Oriox
No, no they can't. None of those classes can create a 4-1 or 5-5 minion with charge from their hero power. Rogues and druids powers are also limited to 1 or 2 turns and force a face hit. Not even close to the same. I don't even know what you mean by hunter because their hero power is a flat 2 dmg.

Do you know just how stupid you sound?

"hunter because their hero power is a flat 2 dmg."

This wasn't even what I was responding to, but yes, that's the WHOLE point of the OP I made. Paladins get a 1/1. That's. That's it. It does nothing, it does no damage. It's useless. The Only deck with just a flat 1/1 with no charge.

Hunters get a +2 damage to enemy character in a single turn
Druids get +1 attack FOR THE SAME TURN with +1 armor.
Mages get a +1 attack for the turn
Rogues get a +1 attack for the turn, and yes, they can buff it with combos
Warriors get a +2 armor that they can buff
Warlocks get a free draw-a-card which is extremely !@#$ing OP with a murloc deck
Shaman get a totem that buffs/heals their minion. It's a much more efficient use that paladin which has nothing reliable to it. it's just a 1/1.

Notice the differences here?
Paladins can't do anything for the same turn. It's not reliable. There's nothing to benefit from our hero power except cannon fodder - and calling it that is a compliment.

I do NOT understand how ANYONE can say that's balanced, and that it's fair that paladins get a useless 1/1 that has no buff, no ability, and can not benefit any other minion - nothing.

You have got to be drunk. Or do you live in Washington / Colorado where marìjuana is legal?

And I'm not sure what you mean by "I don't even know what this is suppose to mean" - you said a rush paladin deck would be OP because of Kings and Might - We only have 2 of each cards. Only efficient with 4 spawns that we probably wouldn't even use on. I really just don't know how that confuses you?

If rush is deemed to be OP (However that is), then make it at least a 2/2 or give us a chance to spawn something different each time, like a Shaman that has a similar but much more efficient and reliable power.
Edited by Bodywrecker on 7/8/2014 10:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 10:01 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
07/08/2014 09:31 PMPosted by Oriox

Do you know just how stupid you sound?

"hunter because their hero power is a flat 2 dmg."

This wasn't even what I was responding to, but yes, that's the WHOLE point of the OP I made. Paladins get a 1/1. That's. That's it. It does nothing, it does no damage. It's useless. The Only deck with just a flat 1/1 with no charge.

Hunters get a +2 damage to enemy character in a single turn
Druids get +1 attack FOR THE SAME TURN with +1 armor.
Mages get a +1 attack for the turn
Rogues get a +1 attack for the turn, and yes, they can buff it with combos
Warriors get a +2 armor that they can buff
Warlocks get a free draw-a-card which is extremely !@#$ing OP with a murloc deck
Shaman get a totem that buffs/heals their minion. It's a much more efficient use that paladin which has nothing reliable to it. it's just a 1/1.

Notice the differences here?
Paladins can't do anything for the same turn. It's not reliable. There's nothing to benefit from our hero power except cannon fodder - and calling it that is a compliment.

I do NOT understand how ANYONE can say that's balanced, and that it's fair that paladins get a useless 1/1 that has no buff, no ability, and can not benefit any other minion - nothing.

You have got to be drunk. Or do you live in Washington / Colorado where marìjuana is legal?

And I'm not sure what you mean by "I don't even know what this is suppose to mean" - you said a rush paladin deck would be OP because of Kings and Might - We only have 2 of each cards. Only efficient with 4 spawns that we probably wouldn't even use on. I really just don't know how that confuses you?

If rush is deemed to be OP (However that is), then make it at least a 2/2 or give us a chance to spawn something different each time, like a Shaman that has a similar but much more efficient and reliable power.

What you've just said is so insanely stupid, everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it.
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 10:18 PMPosted by Oriox
What you've just said is so insanely stupid, everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it.

Good comeback. So good, it's like you have somehow avoided reading it at all, ignored the fact that what I said is true, and just put me in my place without the need to actually formulate a response.

Before you leave the thread, you dropped this: http://i.imgur.com/zAWrWfR.jpg
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 10:32 PMPosted by Bodywrecker
07/08/2014 10:18 PMPosted by Oriox

Good comeback. So good, it's like you have somehow avoided reading it at all, ignored the fact that what I said is true, and just put me in my place without the need to actually formulate a response.

Before you leave the thread, you dropped this: http://i.imgur.com/zAWrWfR.jpg

Well, after reading through your rambling incoherent post, I realized that still didn't respond to how charge wouldn't dramatically change that hero power. I then realized you probably hadn't really thought the possible card combinations through. It's ok, we all say idiotic things on the internet without thinking, you'll do better next time :)
Reply Quote
07/08/2014 11:06 PMPosted by Oriox
I realized that still didn't respond to how charge wouldn't dramatically change that hero power.

You missed the point of the thread. The point is to dramatically change it, because right now it's the closest thing to useless, as far as hero powers go comparatively.
Reply Quote
figured the idea is that you
Hero Power + blessing of Kings.... thats legit imo
Reply Quote
8/21/2014

Paladin hero power still completely useless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]