So Handlocks ..

What is the best Druid build to take them on ?
Druids lack removals, what to do against ten billion giants ? the good thing is Keepers shut down their drakes.
Reply Quote
BGH + The black knight, goes from the worst matchup to above 50%.
Just hope they don't play Jaraxxus.
Reply Quote
A Druid that runs Big Game Hunter, Black Knight, Naturalize, Keeper of the Grove and the Force of Nature + Savage Roar combo. Maybe even Moonfire to kill off their Twilight Drakes after they get silenced.
Building an anti-Handlock Druid deck probably aren't the best way though, but those cards all help with the match up.
I've had a pretty good success rate with Ramp Druid. You just got to play smart and manage to survive the first wave of threats (Twilight Drakes and Mountain Giants).
Reply Quote
Naturalize is almost always terrible. Only time its good is to get past a taunt for the kill shot, which is far too situational to include in a competitive deck. BGH and Black Knight are the only reasonable choices to include if the meta requires it.
Reply Quote
I've played watcher to Legend last month and it was absolutely devastating against Handlock. I'm playing Ramp now and the matchup against Handlock is pretty weak.
Reply Quote
Watcher is better suited to fight Handlocks than Ramp simply because Watcher has more room(no Wild Growth+Nourish) to include both BGH, TBK and Naturalize, maybe even Faceless too though he isn't ideal. Ramp usually skips BGH or TBK(usually TBK) and doesn't always run Naturalize either. Now, if you really want to be anti Handlock than run BGH and Naturalize as x2 but that would be overkill against any deck other than Handlock and Control Warrior.
Reply Quote
I play mostly Handlock and I'm building Nourish Taunt Druid, so I know a good amount about both classes. I'm Rank 10 at my best so far, so I'm not a sage, but I can share my experience.

The best card a Druid can have is Big Game Hunter. Black Knight is also good as mentioned, but Big Game Hunter is really key.

When a Druid plays Nourish for draws, that's often hard to deal with. It takes away the Warlock's card advantage which really helps keep the match close.

Faceless is really good in this match too. Taking those giants for our own use is really useful.

Lastly just have some planning. Most Warlock Giants players today have 5+ major threats (4 giants and Alex, possibly Jaraxxus [but he's fallen somewhat out of favor], possibly Rag, Carine, or Sylvanas) and 2 Twilight Drakes. I really don't see Leeroy combo as much anymore, but it exists. So when using removal and cards, keep in mind how many threats are left.

I guess my last pieces of advice are don't rush them down to quickly, as if they get to 18 or lower it's very common to just life-tap the last 4 damage away and drop moltens cheap. Also, play around Shadow Flame by not over committing.

Sorry if you knew everything I said and this was worthless, but I really wish you luck. Hopefully you can beat Giants with the deck you want to play!
Reply Quote
The druid's best build is located in the menu, first button on top. Handlock is our nemesis.
Reply Quote
I run a ramp like deck with BgH, TBK and a faceless. If I draw those cards, I win.

Watcher, can be good match up as well.

But, the 14 life area is where you got to hold back or push all in. I do not win often with minions killing the lock, but often double swipe to the locks face or a combo of swipe/keeper to the face.

For awhile I was having better luck vs. handjawbs than zoo.
Reply Quote
Wait for poison seeds ... GG ;)
Reply Quote
06/14/2014 09:45 PMPosted by Bowaflex
Naturalize is almost always terrible. Only time its good is to get past a taunt for the kill shot, which is far too situational to include in a competitive deck. BGH and Black Knight are the only reasonable choices to include if the meta requires it.

Sounds like someone doesn't know how good Naturalize really is.
Reply Quote
I beat HL just in the 4th turn my hand was just so good xD

[URL=http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/ragnayehey5/media/10496085_892254870790900_423817717987586622_o_zpsc2f4d9b5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t679/ragnayehey5/10496085_892254870790900_423817717987586622_o_zpsc2f4d9b5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/ragnayehey5/media/10496085_892254870790900_423817717987586622_o_zpsc2f4d9b5.jpg.html
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]