What do you think about this deck?

I'm just started playing about 3 weeks ago, and I plan on making this deck when I get the cards/dust to craft it. I already have about half those cards and at rank 11 so far. I'm aiming it to be very taunt heavy to protect myself and just overwhelm my opponent.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/druid#34:2;73:1;153:2;221:1;237:1;242:2;280:2;282:1;329:1;372:1;386:2;396:1;459:2;480:1;498:1;542:1;548:2;587:2;620:2;633:2;

Are there any improvements that one can suggest? My goal is legend someday, could this get me there? ^_^

Thanks!
Edited by RebornTalent on 6/15/2014 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It looks okay. One criticism would be the lacking midrange, which is essential for Watcher.

I will craft this deck and play a few matches with it.

Back in ten.
Reply Quote
06/15/2014 01:26 PMPosted by SirDigby
It looks okay. One criticism would be the lacking midrange, which is essential for Watcher.

I will craft this deck and play a few matches with it.

Back in ten.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Okay. First and most important thing, the deck was fun.

Here's a few snaps of a mirror-match against another Watcher Druid (a very standard Watcher Druid)

Decklist:

http://s7.postimg.org/f4zaple0b/Decklist.png

Mid-late game, with Watchers activated:

http://s27.postimg.org/kvm8zn2vn/Ontheway.png

Victory:

http://s16.postimg.org/lfvq4gqdx/Victory.png

This was pretty fun. I was skeptical about the lack of activators in this deck, but I realised that's due to this being a hybrid Watcher-Ramp, and that's how you designed it I'm guessing.

Most hybrids I try don't really work all that well, but this one was a lot of fun. The Watchers probably won't get activated early-game, or they're just not as likely, compared to a standard Watcher, to be activated early. I was worried about this, but it worked out fine most of the time.

You wanted a taunt heavy deck and you got one. As you can see from the images, most of the time my board was very taunt heavy. The standard Watcher I was facing couldn't keep my board clear with both my Wars dropping, and both the Watchers dropping.

Wild Growth didn't do much for me, as there's only one in the deck and I didn't draw it until late-game, if there was one thing to look into changing, it'd be that one Wild Growth. It did enable me to draw, of course, but this deck doesn't have issue with card draw thanks to the Drakes and Lores.

So yes, pretty effective and pretty fun to play. I'm not a fan of Watcher myself, so I prefer this hybrid you've got going on.
Edited by SirDigby on 6/15/2014 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow thanks! What would you replace wild growth with? You mentioned earlier I'm a bit light on the mid-game so what card (4 or less mana) would you add?

I'm would try to survive long enough so that when I do get later on, I'd already have my minions waiting.

Perhaps another sunfury protector?
Reply Quote
06/15/2014 03:12 PMPosted by RebornTalent
Wow thanks! What would you replace wild growth with? You mentioned earlier I'm a bit light on the mid-game so what card (4 or less mana) would you add?

I'm would try to survive long enough so that when I do get later on, I'd already have my minions waiting.

Perhaps another sunfury protector?

I thought the lack of Mid minions would be an issue, but it wasn't that bad.

I'd leave Wild Growth open as a Meta-slot (a card that you can readily change depending on what you're facing most). It will help when you get it early, as you have a lot of late-game minions, so leave it in and play with around with it for a while.

I would say your other flexible slot is the Sunwalker or one Ancient of War. Both are great, but if you find yourself having trouble with some of the meta-decks (Miracle, Handlock), then you could switch those out for some more counters - Handlock, Naturlize. Miracle, another Force of Nature/Argent Commanders.

The deck is good as is, it's just flexible, and being flexible is a bonus. Keep it as you've listed until you get to play around with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]