Silence for Paladins

Edited by Senecus on 8/9/2014 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It has been suggested that humility should also silence the minion. This would put it on the same level as earth shock just for different purposes. You couldn't one shot twilight drakes but you could basically take Ragnaros out of commission. This would make the card worth the card slot and more versatile.
Reply Quote
I am really perplexed by the Paladin Naxx card. To me, it says Blizzard thinks the Paladin class is ok as it is, while the entire Hearthstone community think it needs a fix. Since Blizzard has more inside data then we do, I'd love to know how they think the Paladin class should be used.
Reply Quote
06/13/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Cecton
It has been suggested that humility should also silence the minion. This would put it on the same level as earth shock just for different purposes. You couldn't one shot twilight drakes but you could basically take Ragnaros out of commission. This would make the card worth the card slot and more versatile.

I think this would be an excellent idea to implement into the game. Uther is good but he just needs a little bit of help.
Reply Quote
To be clear I think Aldor Peacekeeper should stay the same, just add silence to the humility card only to make it unique and not make The Peacekeeper OP .
Reply Quote
06/13/2014 11:25 AMPosted by Kris
I am really perplexed by the Paladin Naxx card. To me, it says Blizzard thinks the Paladin class is ok as it is, while the entire Hearthstone community think it needs a fix. Since Blizzard has more inside data then we do, I'd love to know how they think the Paladin class should be used.

Avenge actually addresses a core weakness of Paladins right now (punishing opponents who use removal on our minions), while also making both Redemption and Noble Sacrifice more valuable and harder to play around. It's actually a pretty good card - not brokenly OP on the scale of Death's Bite or Rebirth, but still quite solid.

On the original topic: I maindeck two Spellbreakers in my control deck. They've got good board presence, and the Silence is gravy. I'm personally of the opinion that Silence/Transform effects, to which there is no counter currently, are already far too powerful and prevalent in the game and adding any more would be harmful to everyone. I'd rather see nerfs to Poly/Hex/Mass Dispel than making the effects even more widespread.
Reply Quote
SpellBreaker is really nice in a Paladin Deck.

Sure, they cost more but they have much more value on the board then the Owls.

Plus, they kind of look like soldiers so they fit the theme :)
Reply Quote
I personally prefer iron beaks, cheaper and can be used late game with other strong cards.
Reply Quote
What exactly is prompting this need for a class specific silence. Is it because the other two Hybrid (in wow terms) have one? Oh, I forgot the priest, but you rarely use a spell when a minion can do the same, and Mass Dispel despite being insanely powerful is too situational to pick in favor of other priest cards. That said there are still six classes without a class specific.

I'm gonna rip an idea from MTG, specifically white. My idea would be to add the Arrest mechanic; Paladins are dispensers of justice it fits. The mechanic wouldn't destroy the minion or silence it, the minion would be unable to attack, like the Watcher. It also wouldn't be necessarily overpowered if they were a taunt minion or had taunt applied to them they could still defend.
Reply Quote
Well there might well be neutral minions in naxx that haven't been shown yet that will be useful in paladin decks, also if your afraid of your Tirion being facelessed, you can always just run an ooze which does about same thing as silencing him would, and is also useful against other decks.
Reply Quote
06/14/2014 11:15 PMPosted by Karasuko
I personally prefer iron beaks, cheaper and can be used late game with other strong cards.

I used to run owls instead of Spellbreakers, but their 1 health just makes them too weak. They're vulnerable to being pinged by Mage/Druid/Rogue hero powers, and susceptible to the mass of 1 damage AoE effects in the game (especially Swipe, because !@#$ Swipe). Most of the time they were just ending up as 2 mana silence effects for me, with no body to stick around afterwards for presence.

Most of the cards that you're going to want to silence are late-game anyway. Outside of the odd Frothing Berseker, there are very few things below 4 mana that you're going to want to spend your Silences on. And Spellbreaker's 4 attack and 3 health make it far more useful in that late game, when it can still make useful trades with other minions, while staying outside of cheap removal range.

Naturally, if I were playing aggro things would be different.
Reply Quote
I think Light's Justice should have a silence mechanic.

1/4 silence minions damaged by Light's Justice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]