Modern Ancient Watcher Dr00D(legend)

This watcher druid beats Zoo, Handlock and everything in-between. Very strong against miracle rogue also, because of argent commanders and all the taunts. Strong on ladder in general. Played about 120 games with it ranked/unranked, 68% winrate to Legend. Which is extremely high in a card game. Made the deck myself.

Here is the deck:

2x Innervate
2x Mark of the Wild
1x Wild Growth
1x Wrath
2x Ancient Watcher
1x Sunfury Protector
1x Savage Roar
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Harvest Golem
2x Swipe
1x Chillwind Yeti
1x Defender of Argus
2x Keeper of the Grove
1x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
1x Force of Nature
2x Argent Commander
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Black Knight
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Cenarius

Obvious synergies:
Mark of the Wild-Ancient watcher. 6/7 taunt early game is insane.
Mark of the Wild-Black knight. This is still value against high cost minions. Black knight tends to always have a target in this deck.
1 Wild Growth. 2 is just to much.
Savage Roar+Force of Nature. Its just to good not to have in. Need that reach against certain decks.
6 Watcher enablers, seems enough.

Any questions? I be happy to answer.
Edited by Zampok on 6/17/2014 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why did you choose 1x Wild Growth and 1x Wrath instead of 2x Wrath?
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 01:26 AMPosted by Tenletters

If both wild growths are in your starting hand, it actually tends to be very bad if you got nothing to ramp in too. I played alot with 2 before, and in some very heavy slow decks with ancient of wars, it kinda works. Also 2 will make it more consistant in your starting hand, ofcourse. 1 however is very nice to have after alot of experience. This deck is more midrange, fast yet solid.

Yes, 2 wraths seem to be standard also. Its a very good spell, agreed. But this deck is already heavy on the 2 mana curve. And it tends to be only good against aggro. Wrath does little against mid/control. 1 wrath is fine. I even remember StrifeCro said 2 wraths didnt seem such a good idea against alot of decks. Isnt he the dr00d god? In this deck 2 is to much. Watchers can hold and stop the aggro.
Edited by Zampok on 6/17/2014 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 01:39 AMPosted by Zampok
06/17/2014 01:26 AMPosted by Tenletters

If both wild growths are in your starting hand, it actually tends to be very bad if you got nothing to ramp in too. I played alot with 2 before, and in some very heavy slow decks with ancient of wars, it kinda works. Also 2 will make it more consistant in your starting hand, ofcourse. 1 however is very nice to have after alot of experience. This deck is more midrange, fast yet solid.

Yes, 2 wraths seem to be standard also. Its a very good spell, agreed. But this deck is already heavy on the 2 mana curve. And it tends to be only good against aggro. Wrath does little against mid/control. 1 wrath is fine. I even remember StrifeCro said 2 wraths didnt seem such a good idea against alot of decks. Isnt he the dr00d god? In this deck 2 is to much. Watchers can hold and stop the aggro.

Yeah, against some decks 2wraths might not be too useful but in this aggro meta they can be life savers in the first rounds. Never been in Legend though, so I guess the meta in standard ranks is more aggressive than up there
Reply Quote
Its always aggro at the start of the season. Everywhere. Its now already alot slower. Yes, at higher rank even more slow. But I beat Zoo plenty of times with this deck. So I know I dont need 2 Wraths.
Edited by Zampok on 6/17/2014 2:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Beating handlock with this deck is matter of luck/handlock draws poorly ;p
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 08:56 AMPosted by Prototype
Beating handlock with this deck is matter of luck/handlock draws poorly ;p

Welcome to HS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]