Zoo and Hand aren't very consistent

Not sure why people make a big deal over these decks. They are at best a 50/50 shot once you are rank 10 easily beaten by the core netdecks.
Reply Quote
In your opinion.
Reply Quote
I think it's because with Zoo it's impossible to make a mistake (unless you're very bad). You either win or you lose depending on you and your opponent's cards.

That annoys a lot of people.
Reply Quote
This is obviously incorrect but you are entitled to your opinion. Obviously they both have their bad matchups but to say Handlock/Zoo is 50/50 at best when they are common decks played in Legends is just a mis-judgement on your part.
Reply Quote
Dude I eat locks alive with my pally deck. Double molten taunt? No problemo. Equality cons. Equality aveng.
Reply Quote
This is incorrect. If you find this to be true in your case, then you are playing neither deck optimally.

06/17/2014 09:14 AMPosted by RolandGilead
with Zoo it's impossible to make a mistake

Wrong. I've seen people rank 5 and above make huge mistakes with Zoo.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:18 AMPosted by Kuncussion
Wrong. I've seen people rank 5 and above make huge mistakes with Zoo.

Not sure why you decided to omit the point I made in parentheses.

You have to be very bad to make Zoo mistakes. Obviously you can do all you can do with your cards, but the deck is the easiest deck you can play.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Dean
Dude I eat locks alive with my pally deck. Double molten taunt? No problemo. Equality cons. Equality aveng.

must feel nice to be the king of rank 9
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:21 AMPosted by KeanuFreeves
06/17/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Dean

Lol rank 13 atm but getting there. I'm a collector anyways so it doesn't really matter that I'm like top best champion hero player. Sometimes I do show my competitive side
Buttt it still doesn't take away from me eating locks alive om nom nom.

When's our date gonna happen ?
Edited by Dean on 6/17/2014 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Dean
06/17/2014 09:21 AMPosted by KeanuFreeves

Lol rank 13 atm but getting there. I'm a collector anyways so it doesn't really matter that I'm like top best champion hero player. Sometimes I do show my competitive side

FYI I wasn't talking smack about you personally when I called you the king of rank 9.

The ladder is just full of decks that crush pally control as you move up, but you are correct in that pally control murders hand lock better than any other class with the least effort. But if you stick with that deck you'll be lucky to get to the hand lock tier :(

Best you can do is feed wins to the miracles zoo and druids while slowing down the hand locks along the way lol.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:26 AMPosted by KeanuFreeves

FYI I wasn't talking smack about you personally when I called you the king of rank 9.

The ladder is just full of decks that crush pally control as you move up, but you are correct in that pally control murders hand lock better than any other class with the least effort. But if you stick with that deck you'll be lucky to get to the hand lock tier :(

Best you can do is feed wins to the miracles zoo and druids while slowing down the hand locks along the way lol.

Lol no worries haha I didn't take offense. Just corrected so that if I do hit rank 9 and something forces me to change my deck I don't look foolish in my post history.

But yea def. Pally counters hand lock. I specifically said let's make a fun deck that gives hand lock nightmares and bam there it was.

<3 I'll pay btw
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:20 AMPosted by RolandGilead
You have to be very bad to make Zoo mistakes. Obviously you can do all you can do with your cards, but the deck is the easiest deck you can play.

If you think people from rank 5 to rank 1 are 'bad', then lol. I omitted that part of your statement for a reason.
Edited by Kuncussion on 6/17/2014 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Some people consider Warlock (and subsequently any deck they make) to be easier/simpler because Life tap mitigates the impact of making mistakes and allows players to totally ignore Card Draw (and to a lesser extent card advantage) as mechanics.

Neither of these decks are the express ticket to legendary that some players claim they are. Both Decks require skill to bring to legendary and thats true of any deck. You can get to ranks 5-10 and make just terrible mistakes but thier impact is blunted by the ability to draw extra answers or make up for lost card advantage/tempo by pumping lifetap.

I consider Hand Lock to be one of the simpler decks in the game and I am somewhat alone in that belief, but IMO the deck is extremely scripted. Turn 2 tap, turn 3 tap, turn 4 Mountain or Drake. Wow, so elite such plays. You may have 10 cards in your hand by turn 5 but there is often little choices. You will have 2-3 times in a game where you have 2-3 choices to make and those are what win you or loose you the game and those choices are the differences between great Handlock players and the big pack of mediocre ones. The biggest issue for hand lock is everyone knowing what you have, how you are going to play it and being able to play around you. There is no suprises going against a hand lock, its been popular for atleast 3 months now.
Reply Quote
Last season I made it to rank 7 with Hunter after the nerf. This season tried lock exclusively. Got to rank 12 in 1 session of play. Been kind of stuck between 9 and 11 for about a week. I have a tough time against rogues, aggro mages(they have some great removal spells), and wallet warriors. Everything else is generally a pretty easy win. Sometimes shamans can be a pain if they get a good draw.

lock vs lock is a toss up honestly...who had better draws if playing same deck.
Edited by Quigly on 6/17/2014 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I won most zoo mirror games even at high ranks because the other person made mistakes.

You never go for the face unless you are absolutely in a position where you cannot lose from. Many times they even won by mistakenly going for my face because they drew extremely well.

But most often they would just lose because they ignored a 1/1 or a 2/3 so they could deal 3 damage to me. The a buff happens and they are sad.

I've also seen people play hellfire in zoo. I think it's terrible but sometimes it works. Blood knight is better.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:14 AMPosted by RolandGilead
You either win or you lose depending on you and your opponent's cards.

Wow. Like every deck, right?
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Redoing
I consider Hand Lock to be one of the simpler decks in the game and I am somewhat alone in that belief, but IMO the deck is extremely scripted. Turn 2 tap, turn 3 tap, turn 4 Mountain or Drake. Wow, so elite such plays. You may have 10 cards in your hand by turn 5 but there is often little choices.

Sticking to the "script" you described won't get a decent win rate, you need to play flexibly and not be hell bent on looking for the turn 4 power plays. Since I stopped only looking for drakes and mountains (and added tech for the mirror) my win rate with the deck has gone from 54% to 72.7%.
I agree that 2 taps then drake or mountain giant are the plays you often look for, but there are many matches where it's not right to mulligan for that play. Against hunter for example you usually just kill yourself tapping into drakes or mountain giants, you're much better looking for ancient watcher+owl, mortal coil and molten giant. It's similar to control warrior, a strong anti-control deck with a clear main strategy but you still have to adapt how you play it if you want consistency.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 10:03 AMPosted by Quigly
wallet warriors

This is funniest usage of this phrase I've seen so far. So spot on, KitKatz's Wallet Warrior control!
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:34 AMPosted by Kuncussion
If you think people from rank 5 to rank 1 are 'bad', then lol. I omitted that part of your statement for a reason.

If you think someone who makes mistakes playing Zoo isn't bad, then lol.

06/17/2014 10:19 AMPosted by SirDigby
Wow. Like every deck, right?

No. Other decks have decisions you can make that improve or lessen your chances of winning. Zoo doesn't. There is always only one correct play, and it's very easy to select it.
Reply Quote
06/17/2014 09:10 AMPosted by Quigly
Not sure why people make a big deal over these decks. They are at best a 50/50 shot once you are rank 10 easily beaten by the core netdecks.

if you mean consistent at winning games, that is largely dependent on the player.

if you mean consistent with card draw, zoo is the most consistent deck there is since you never have a bad starting hand with most minions being low drops and the ability to draw additional cards consistently with life tap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]