wyrm, coin, image combo

not the first topic but I wanted to keep this under attention.

I encounter a lot of decks that simply play for this combo. I play a paladin control deck and I've practically lost already when a mage is able to play this combo.

I feel very unfortunate if such a combo happens, I mean, 50% chance of having the coin, and a significantly smaller chance of having wyrm+image. Also, it has to be starter hand cause it sucks in mid- or late game.

I don't see the point in creating a deck with that purpose. Most of the games you're not able to play that combo and only in early game it's actually usefull. Midgame any deck has enough resources to remove at least the wyrm.

At least one aspect of this combo deserves a nerf imo. The coin is quite balanced and if importance to game balance in general. So either nerf the wyrm, or mirror image.
I'd go for image. Early game, you need 4 instances of dmg to remove them, since most decks aren't able to play 1/1+ in the first 2 turns, let alone boardwide removal.

Either make it summon 1 x 0/2 minion or reduce the hp to 2 x 0/1.
Reply Quote
Play
>Druid
>Shaman
>Warlock
>Priest
>Mage
Reply Quote
Here are the counters to wrym image combo:

Druid: Wrath
Shaman: earthshock or lighting bolt.
Warlock: soulfire
Warrior: Not turn 2(besides whirlwind execute, but that's a waste,, but turn 3 they can cleave/slam and whirlwhind
Priest: Shadow word pain
Hunter: explosive trap for the image, then arcane shot next turn (takes 3 but that's no big deal)
Or if they want a 2 for 1: hunter's mark, arcane shot.
Mage: Frostbolt

rogue: backstab shiv.. or dagger up for poison blade flurry next turn.

Do you get it? Paladin is the only class that have no way to deal with that opening. Therefore the problem isn't mage being too strong... but paladin being too weak.
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Decaye
Either make it summon 1 x 0/2 minion or reduce the hp to 2 x 0/1.

You realize that Shieldbearer, though does not count as a spell, is a 0/4 right?
Reply Quote
Sorry I have no sympathy for Paladins, you get multiple cards that give + damage and + health or a +shield to ANY of the minions you have on your side of the board.

We got mana worm that gets a +1 damage when a spell is cast, thats it.
Edited by Auro on 6/18/2014 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wait until he double wyrm coin images on turn 2.

but you should consider using owl its a great card nonetheless and it deals with it very well.
Edited by shaunika on 6/18/2014 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The only problem Imho is that the coin counts as a spell or even a card seeing that it's supposed to be the equalizer for going 2nd. This isn't just for the Wyrm into Coin but also coin+any combo card(mostly SI:7 Agent but also Perdition Blade, Defias Ringleader and others) as well as counting as a card for the purpose of cards in hand synergies(such as Twilight Drake, Mountain Giant, etc) along with the 10 card hand limit. The coin should be external, just like mana crystals, not part of your actual hand as that causes various imbalances that actually make having the coin way better than not having it for certain classes.
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 06:26 PMPosted by OwlRaider
The only problem Imho is that the coin counts as a spell or even a card seeing that it's supposed to be the equalizer for going 2nd. This isn't just for the Wyrm into Coin but also coin+any combo card(mostly SI:7 Agent but also Perdition Blade, Defias Ringleader and others) as well as counting as a card for the purpose of cards in hand synergies(such as Twilight Drake, Mountain Giant, etc) along with the 10 card hand limit. The coin should be external, just like mana crystals, not part of your actual hand as that causes various imbalances that actually make having the coin way better than not having it for certain classes.

You also forgot to mention that coin can be used by any class in order to lure out a counterspell... oh wait
Reply Quote
year
Reply Quote
The Wyrm doesn't bother me that much, but like all mage spells Mirror Images is OP. 1 mana to delay your opponents early game by at least one turn, most likely 2.
Reply Quote
Yeah Paladins don't fair well against x>2 creatures early game. Honestly Blizzard needs to up Lights Justice to two damage and drop the durability to two.
Reply Quote
Is this a troll thread or did someone really call a pair of 0/2 taunters "overpowered"?
Reply Quote
don't you touch my mana wyrm, you monster! no, stahp, not silence! nooo!

generally that mana wyrm doesn't last too long. all classes can deal with it. if you choose to ignore it, however, and it gets up to 9/3, well, you should learn from your mistakes

wyrm+coin+mirror image is pretty similar to the coin+defias ringleader combo. except the rogue has an effective attack of 4 on the board. and the mage needs mirror image to draw heat off of her. the mage is inherently a stalling class, between mirror images, the freeze spells, ice barrier and ice block. all they do is buy you a bit of time
Reply Quote
Just pulled this combo vs a rogue :D.

Turn1:Mana wyrm
Turn2:Mana wyrm+coin+sorcerer's apprentice+mirror images

Rogue no bladefury so he conceded immediately :D!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]