Watcher or Ramp?

I've been messing around with what was a former watcher deck (which was converted over to Ramp), and noticed that Watcher just seems to sluggish nowadays compared to what Ramp can do. This seems especially true if you load Ramp with taunts (Tazdingo, Sunwalker, AoW, DotC) as that basically stops agro decks (like Zoo) in their tracks, and it feels like it's doing it more efficiently than Watcher does something similar. Maybe it's personal bias, or maybe I'm actually observing something different with how they work.

Thoughts/comments/flames?
Reply Quote
I started with Ramp this season. It got me to around Rank 11 pretty comfortably. The problem is, although you "auto-win" against aggro Warlock (especially with a couple of Squires thrown in the mix), it has a bad match-up against many popular decks.

I switched to Watcher-Token in order to improve my match-ups against other decks, without sacrificing my advantage over aggro Warlock.
Reply Quote
Taunt ramp should get you to rank 7-5 fairly easily, specially early in the season when everyone is zoo. Past that point if you insist on druid you can switch to double FoN combo ramp to improve matchups vs other midrange decks. Watcher is kinda dead though. I'm sure it can be made to work but ramp is the flavour of the season and for good reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]