AC in Shaman Tempo/Control.

Just wondering how other Shamans like Argent Commander in their Shaman deck?

I'm running a pretty standard list with the exception of no Argent Squires and their place is a Big Game and an Auctioneer.

The Auctioneer is awesome in my dedk but Big Game is kinda redundant with Hex. I added him because I was playing a lot of Handlock around Ranks 3-Legend and wanted that extra removal for the games where I had a slow start or got board wiped but as I have honed my Handlock match in and gotten better at it I was thinking of dropping BG for AC.

I can see ACs synergy with Flametongue being pretty awesome and he could act as a third "charge" finisher(with Hammer and Al'akir) but I wanted to get the opinions of other Shamans first.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
I don't know about others but Argent Commander is one of my favorite cards and I run him in pretty much any deck, not just shaman. The synergy it has with stuff like Rockbiter/Flametongue as well as the ability to clear stuff like Azure Drakes makes it a great card. Even if the board is clear, dropping the AC often ensures a two-for-one trade or some extra damage to the hero if you're playing vs. druid/rogue. It is especially fun vs. miracle rogues since 99% of those games come down to you bursting your opponent before they can Leeroy you to the face.
Reply Quote
06/21/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Zveno
I don't know about others but Argent Commander is one of my favorite cards and I run him in pretty much any deck, not just shaman. The synergy it has with stuff like Rockbiter/Flametongue as well as the ability to clear stuff like Azure Drakes makes it a great card. Even if the board is clear, dropping the AC often ensures a two-for-one trade or some extra damage to the hero if you're playing vs. druid/rogue. It is especially fun vs. miracle rogues since 99% of those games come down to you bursting your opponent before they can Leeroy you to the face.

Good points.

I imagine AC being rather amazing versus Freeze Mage as well. Although I don't have a particularly hard time with Freeze due to all of my burst being via Al'Akir and Doomhammer as well as Lava and Lightning to help close that matchup.

I'm just still encountering a lot of Handlock and Big Game is so clutch in that matchup! What to do...what to do...

Perhaps I will try it in my 6 mana "flex" slot. I've been running Blacknight/Cairne here but outside the Druid/Hand matchups he they both feel clumsy and slow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]