Void Terror - The Problem, my suggestion

The problem with Void Terror is this - it is too susceptible to removal/silence and will often put you at a disadvantage card wise without providing an sort of equal benefit.

My suggestion would be that Void Terror's ability, rather than being a buff, would be considered a transform effect, and make his base stats 1/1
Edited by Requiem on 6/23/2014 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not sure I understand how that solves anything.

I agree that VT is too vulnerable to removal and silence. Giving him Charge is too powerful and Divine Shield is an out of class mechanic. Stealth could work, but that might also be too powerful.

Not sure what the fix is for this card, but as it stands, it's pretty garbage-y.
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 12:55 PMPosted by WeirdBeard
Not sure I understand how that solves anything.

I agree that VT is too vulnerable to removal and silence. Giving him Charge is too powerful and Divine Shield is an out of class mechanic. Stealth could work, but that might also be too powerful.

Not sure what the fix is for this card, but as it stands, it's pretty garbage-y.

It couldn't lose its stat bonus from silence if it was a transform
Reply Quote
This does seem reasonable. You have to actually use a hard removal to be rid of it, rather than a silence.
Reply Quote
I think he is fine as is high risk high reward but with all the death rattle coming with Naxx the Void Terror should see a lot more play in decks since he allows you control over when you get the rattles.
Reply Quote
I cannot find any solution how to improve this card. As said in post above this its high risk high reward as intended. Making it transform would be also OP. But still it's a fun card, when you are lucky enough to have coin, draw two ancient watchers and void in starting hand. 1T Coin>Ancient Watcher, T2 Ancient Watcher, T3 Void Terror 11/13. But that's just nice dreaming > 2 mana owl and you are with 3/3 and empty hand :D
Reply Quote
Void Terror turn 3, swing for 3 on turn 4. Then play your second Void Terror for a 6/6 turn 4 + BloodImp/YoungPriestess.
Reply Quote
07/04/2014 11:06 PMPosted by Skelix
high risk high reward
Let me translate that for you: "unplayable gimmick".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]